The "Shit I just bought" thread

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got my GF the Roku 2 XS and she loves its. She didnt want to spend $50 a month for cable and just watches Everything on Hulu plus, streams her movies she downloads from her computer and loves the Pandora app. Only thing thats a bummer is if you go through USB/SD it will only play x264 and MP4 but thats all the GF downloads anyways. $89 at best by is a pretty damn good deal and if you dont care about the USB/SD its only $49
roku2_xs_back.jpg

roku-2-xs-usb.jpg

roku2_xs_back.jpg

roku-2-xs-usb.jpg

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Just picked up these and couldn't be happier. They are nice and light, the fabric breaths well, and that extra padding along the top doesn't leave marks in my balding head.

HD_439_new.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
My brother and I just "bought" an Oru Kayak on their Kickstarter. We bought two from the first production run that ships in May. Pretty stoked, as I can't really tote a normal kayak on my car and don't really have room to store at my house.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...i-folding-boat
So that Kayak...wouldn't it take on a ton of water along the "seams" that stretch from either tip to the middle? That looks like every time a wave or water came across the top of the kayak it would take in a good amount of it without the top of the kayak having waterproof seals.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So that Kayak...wouldn't it take on a ton of water along the "seams" that stretch from either tip to the middle? That looks like every time a wave or water came across the top of the kayak it would take in a good amount of it without the top of the kayak having waterproof seals.
From the page.

The single seam is sealed with a watertight rubber gasket.
Nothing shows just how that works, but that's their claim.

I'd be more worried about durability.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It also fits a standard size spray skirt, as far as keeping water out of it. They have had several demos out on the west coast where people got to take them out for a "spin" and it's all been very positive. They discuss durability as well on the Kickstarter page. These are meant for coastal/calm water kayaking and not white-water or rock gardening. I'll be sure to post a review once we have them in hand.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It will definitely be the coolest pussyraft in the shallow end!

My brother and I just "bought" an Oru Kayak on their Kickstarter. We bought two from the first production run that ships in May. Pretty stoked, as I can't really tote a normal kayak on my car and don't really have room to store at my house.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...i-folding-boat

iU5QS.jpg
They have had sectionals for a while (3 piece) the folding deal is new to me. Right outta high school I worked for a few companies building high performance olympic level kayaks, later I made wave skis and 1-man and 6-man outriggers canoes. The competition level equipment here is insane, lotta hi-tech builds and materials (epoxy / carbon / kevlar vacuum bagged laminations). Racing is a big deal here, biggest of the season is inter-island 38 mile open ocean across a seriously nasty channel with seas up to 12 feet. Winning is about ocean knowledge and seamanship, you have to catch and ride the swells or youll run out of endurance 1/3 of the way across.

1-man wave-ski (ocean kayak) south coast of oahu - tail end of the inter-island race.
Oscar-manlte.jpg

1-man outrigger
Kanaka_Paddle_2008.flv_000386590.jpg

DSCN06151.jpg

4-man surfing canoe at Makaha
l.jpg

6-man inter-island race

molokai+hoe.jpg

iU5QS.jpg

iU5QS.jpg

Oscar-manlte.jpg

Oscar-manlte.jpg

DSCN06151.jpg

l.jpg

DSCN06151.jpg

l.jpg

molokai+hoe.jpg

molokai+hoe.jpg

cosmic_cs_sl

shitlord
Hows to attach stuff?

Anyway, I just got a 15" late 2011 MBP. It's sad that I don't get too excited about my computers anymore. I don't play games so much pretty any computer these days will perform well for me:

Seventh

Golden Squire
Just picked up this 26Gal compressor. $269 at Sears including an impact driver, an air ratchet and 25' of hose. Thing is awesome.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
rrr_img_3265.jpg

Nike+ Watch - Tracks how far I run, my times, calories burned. It's pretty awesome so far, if you go like three days without running it starts being like "Are you going to run today?" which I find hilarious. It also gives you a nice digital fireworks display whenever you beat a personal record.

rrr_img_3264.jpg

Iron Gym Pull Up Bar - Solid bar, three different areas to grip it, my pull up max has gone up considerably since I purchased it.

rrr_img_3265.jpg

rrr_img_3264.jpg

rrr_img_3265.jpg

rrr_img_3264.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Brooks Cascadia 7 trail running shoes. Love me some trail running. Street and track running is boring as fuck in comparison.

rrr_img_3267.jpg

rrr_img_3267.jpg

rrr_img_3267.jpg

Seventh

Golden Squire
rrr_img_3264.jpg

Iron Gym Pull Up Bar - Solid bar, three different areas to grip it, my pull up max has gone up considerably since I purchased it.
I've been considering one of these for my house, but I am super over the top OCD with keeping it clean and in good condition. This is the type that anchors itself against a door moulding, yes? Does it leave any marks?

rrr_img_3264.jpg

rrr_img_3264.jpg