The "Shit I just bought" thread

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Why are there different bags for MMA at all? If anything I'd have thought they'd be sturdier for taking kicks.
I think its just marketing really. The "MMA" bags had UFC plastered all over them. The "boxing" bags were plain jane looking. This bag was 80lbs, but they make them up to 120(?) lbs I think. Thing felt like it didn't give any give... like fucking Van Damme kicking the tree in kickboxer.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
]
i thought you were gay. :\
I thought he was a she. Not sure why.

Anyway, got these for my self for Christmas.

rrr_img_4762.jpg

I have the Black Widow Ultimate too and love it. I've heard people having problems with them, but mine has worked great since I got it a year or so ago.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
rrr_img_3264.jpg

Iron Gym Pull Up Bar - Solid bar, three different areas to grip it, my pull up max has gone up considerably since I purchased it.
I just bought this damn thing and one of the bolt heads broke off 4 reps in and I'm far from heavy. Don't know if I got a fluke or what but I almost impaled myself.

prescient

Nice.

What does the R mean? I nearly bought some Westone 4's a couple of years ago but went with Earsonic SM3 v2's in the end.

Was a coin toss really.
The R is just for the removable cable. I had the Shure SE530's and have now busted two cables on them so I wanted to make sure I could replace the most easily destroyed part of the IEM.

Silence_sl

shitlord
EVGA 660 (non-ti) for myself. Santa left a Dell shaped present under my tree, so I thought I'd grab something to replace my GTX 460.

Seventh

Golden Squire
A few weeks back I bought a beater Taco to turn into an offroad toy. It gets dirty.

18.JPG

So I got this power steamer for my brother for Christmas, and got one for myself. Holy fucking shit is it awesome. SO MUCH STEAM.

http://www.amazon.com/Wagner-915-500.../dp/B003PGQI3Y

My brother:
ps5.JPG

Me:
ps3.JPG

Engine bay:
ps8.JPG

I can't believe how much ass the thing kicks for $100. Everyone who gives even half a fuck about their car should get one of these.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
What exactly does a steam cleaner do to a car, other than maybe clean the upholstery if you have cloth rather than leather seats? Curious why you are apparently using it on the engine.

Seventh

Golden Squire
What exactly does a steam cleaner do to a car, other than maybe clean the upholstery if you have cloth rather than leather seats? Curious why you are apparently using it on the engine.
I live in New England, and this is a 12 year old truck. As far as the engine, It gets the salt, old oil, various fluids and road goop off of it. Mostly because it looks better, but it's also a lot easier to find/diagnose leaks and such if the engine bay is clean. It's also a lot nicer in general to work on a clean motor.

As for the interior, I have Car OCD and I'm a neat freak, so even though this is just my winter car I want it clean (at least on the inside, heh, it's actually covered in mud on the outside right now). It's not just for the upholstery, it gets dust/dirt out everywhere. I did my vents, headliner, dash, carpets, shifter, steering wheel, etc, etc - basically every surface in the truck. The previous owner was a smoker, and the thing smells like a new truck inside now. The fabric's a little wet here, but check out the door panel, keeping in mind that the previous owner was an absolute fucking filthy slob who apparently listed "smoking marlboro reds, 20 at a time, with the windows up and never washing my hands, ever" as his hobby. The thing looks brand new.

ps10.JPG

It also does an awesome job of getting squashed bugs off the front end, and helps a ton with cleaning your wheels (brake dust), calipers, etc. It's just a fuckin' great way to clean your car all around, and it's only $100.

darkseid_sl

shitlord
Will probably have to look into getting one of those, as we also have pretty cold weather here and working on a filthy engine is just annoying.

spanner

@Seventh any shots of that engine bay after the cleaning? I am trying to have enough self control, to at least hold off on ordering one till next month.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got a $25 dollar Amazon card and wasn't sure what to buy with it. Settled in some Fit Flight shafts and flights for my darts. Supposed to be way more durable, and I shouldn't have to deal with them popping loose.

9Cx27.jpg
G68de.jpg

shattuck_sl

shitlord
I got "MyPillow" for Christmas, because I've had some trouble sleeping on and off over the last few months. Only used it a couple nights so far but it's been better than a regular pillow for sure. Is resistant to absorbing warmth, which is nice because I don't wake up in the middle of the night and feel the need to flip it over or grab a new pillow. The ads also say it promotes more REM sleep, but that could very well be BS. Will do a full review after a month or so if I find it effective.