Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
20230711_075952.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Since life has completely kicked all my hobbies in the balls price wise I've decided to go all-in on a PC build.

Just ordered this with all the bells and whistles, didn't get the monitor arm yet but I'll probably add it as well. MAGNUS Pro Sit Stand Metal Desk | Secretlab SG

Working on the new PC build now, shit is even crazy with this but manageable, contemplating 2x 4k monitors but not sure yet.
Really like that desk. Wish that was around 3 years ago when I did my Ikea "battlestation".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Really like that desk. Wish that was around 3 years ago when I did my Ikea "battlestation".
All the magnetic stuff with the cable management is some of the coolest engineering that's been added to a desk in a long time.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
All the magnetic stuff with the cable management is some of the coolest engineering that's been added to a desk in a long time.
i have a few of these around
762e80663f6f32c8134e6f98cb8562af.png

i use em in conjunction or to augment binder clips
9374b19905383e2be89ab67001e8d990.png

i've tried to keep as much shit qi wireless as possible, but thats not gonna happen, you need wires to just hang around...

most used usb device at my wifes wfh desk that needs micro usb?

205bd30f12fa3b50d3477e461234726c.png

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Since life has completely kicked all my hobbies in the balls price wise I've decided to go all-in on a PC build.

Just ordered this with all the bells and whistles, didn't get the monitor arm yet but I'll probably add it as well. MAGNUS Pro Sit Stand Metal Desk | Secretlab SG

Working on the new PC build now, shit is even crazy with this but manageable, contemplating 2x 4k monitors but not sure yet.

That's really awesome. I'm surprised at the price point, not that it is "cheap" but I was totally expecting to be blown away. $799 is shockingly low to me for some reason. Maybe it is just being jaded at products.

• 1Like

Hekotat

i have a few of these around
762e80663f6f32c8134e6f98cb8562af.png

i use em in conjunction or to augment binder clips
9374b19905383e2be89ab67001e8d990.png

i've tried to keep as much shit qi wireless as possible, but thats not gonna happen, you need wires to just hang around...

most used usb device at my wifes wfh desk that needs micro usb?

205bd30f12fa3b50d3477e461234726c.png

I'll end up using maybe one of those, the cable hiding magnets along the frame were much more interesting to me.

Hekotat

That's really awesome. I'm surprised at the price point, not that it is "cheap" but I was totally expecting to be blown away. $799 is shockingly low to me for some reason. Maybe it is just being jaded at products.

Having the omega chair from them and seeing the quality of their products I'm very excited for what I'm going to get ar that price. Adding an extra 25" to my desk real estate is going to be quite nice as well.

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
I'm a hot sleeper, I just start baking at night, mostly between me and the bed, and start sweating even with the AC blasting so sometimes I wake up and have to let the bed cool down so I can sleep. Crazy thick soft latex mattress - bamboo sheets. Also, it's 107 degrees in Texas so that probably helps. So I was looking at cooling pads for the bed but research tells me that shit only works for like 10 minutes. So I found this:

Gamechanger boys. Imagine just pumping an AC into your sheets. It's fucking great. It does heating too for the winter so no more heating blanket. You can program it to warm the bed before you get in, then it turns on the ac and then slowly warms up in the morning, whatever you want. It's just a box you put under the bed, then run a hose up the side of your bed, it mounts between your mattresses and holds the hose right into your sheets. They also have a sheet that basically inflates that I didn't even bother with but now I'm kinda curious. Livin in the first world now boys, I turn that shit on from the bathroom and it's ready to crawl in. The price is worth to me just so I can fucking sleep.

• 2Mother of God
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
I have no idea how it works. I assumed there was only intake and then the output hose to your bed. I haven't noticed any hot air from the box. There is a filter I believe so maybe I can see something when I look at that.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I have no idea how it works. I assumed there was only intake and then the output hose to your bed. I haven't noticed any hot air from the box. There is a filter I believe so maybe I can see something when I look at that.

Is it noticeably audible? That sounds amazing but not if I have to listen to it pump all night long.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Is it noticeably audible? That sounds amazing but not if I have to listen to it pump all night long.

It's only loud if you turn it up to 100%, like a vacuum down the hall. I keep it around 65% or 30% and it's just whitenoise. Like having a fan on.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Saw this on sale and figured I’d relive some more of my childhood. My goddamn model backlog is too damn big, but started on it tonight at least and doing some painting touch ups as I go.
IMG_6846.jpeg

• 1Like