The "Shit I just bought" thread

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
the fucking endcap mushroomed!!! so i was like... hmm lemme unscrew it and POP... hisssss

like battery gass built up inside it? mind you this was only like 10mins after putting in aaa's

Holy shit. When I saw that I thought it must at least be lithium batteries but no, AAA's. That's some wacky shit right there.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I’m a bit of a Zoids nerd and used to have a collection of over 70 model kits from the 90s/00s line. Ended up selling the whole lot for way too cheap when my parents sold their house and I didn’t have enough room in my apartment to store them. I definitely should have kept one kit, though, and regretted not for quite a while. Had a little binge and found an unassembled one plus the extra parts on Japanese Mercari. So happy to have this back again, goddamn.

IMG_6668.jpeg

Also got another kit from the newer Kotobukiya high end line to add to my backlog.

IMG_6669.jpeg

And the rest of the backlog, lol. I’m never going to finish these all now that I’ve gotten into detailing them instead of just straight builds.

IMG_6670.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
As mentioned in the Car thread, decided to trade in my truck and step up. Came out about even versus payments on my 2021 RAM, even with stepping up a trim level. Things that I wanted / needed:

- Full crew cab to hold booster seat + car seat now that we have two boys. Making getting them in and out easier. Initially the quad cab was fine but then it became obvious that more space would be better.
- Shorter bed. Previous RAM had the 6' 2" bed or whatever it was. At that time I was just starting to haul raw lumber and other things and the larger bed seemed like a good idea. Now that I'm more comfortable a 5' 7" bed is fine. Will also allow me to fit in the garage with another inch of clearance.
- Auto running boards. The side steps I put on the previous truck were okay but not idea. The automatic ones here are lower, provide more area to step on, and retract after closing the door. Pregnant wife was immediately sold when she tried getting in and out.
- LED Lights. Never upgraded the old ones and it felt like a huge step down in visibility moving from my Mazda CX-5 with them to the 2021 RAM without. So, happy to have those back.
- Full moon roof. Again, little amenity / creature comfort I missed moving from the Mazda to a truck, now it is back.

A couple of other small things. Definitely wanted a more "family" feeling truck with the leather and small touches inside. The Big Horn was a base model with no frills and felt very utility / work vehicle. This feels better all around. Oh and heated and cooled seats again finally!

1686667443501.png

(bleep out my sales guy's head)

This means accessories!

Had to rebuy the tonneau b/c a 6' one won't fit on a 5' 7" bed. My old one was a $200 Tyger and it was okay. A few things that bothered me about it. This time I stepped up to the BAK X4s. Wanted to keep it roll up but went hard cover and one that would be flush to the side and not rely on velcro and make a bubble around the bed. Should come in Friday.

Also wanted a cover for the back when doggo is riding with us. And also maybe to catch crumbs and crayons from kids. Was going to go back with K9Ballistics but this one seems more purpose built for a crew cab with seats that can fold up. The pictures make it look pretty ugly though so may return it once I get it in.

Going to do a Rhino spray liner maybe Thursday. Was considering Line-X but the feeling seemed too different from Rhino. There is no Bullet dealer next to me to try. Dealership wanted $750 to do their spray in but they suggested I just call around myself. Rhino quote was $550, so saved me $200.

That's pretty much all my play money for June and July gone!

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
As mentioned in the Car thread, decided to trade in my truck and step up. Came out about even versus payments on my 2021 RAM, even with stepping up a trim level. Things that I wanted / needed:

- Full crew cab to hold booster seat + car seat now that we have two boys. Making getting them in and out easier. Initially the quad cab was fine but then it became obvious that more space would be better.
- Shorter bed. Previous RAM had the 6' 2" bed or whatever it was. At that time I was just starting to haul raw lumber and other things and the larger bed seemed like a good idea. Now that I'm more comfortable a 5' 7" bed is fine. Will also allow me to fit in the garage with another inch of clearance.
- Auto running boards. The side steps I put on the previous truck were okay but not idea. The automatic ones here are lower, provide more area to step on, and retract after closing the door. Pregnant wife was immediately sold when she tried getting in and out.
- LED Lights. Never upgraded the old ones and it felt like a huge step down in visibility moving from my Mazda CX-5 with them to the 2021 RAM without. So, happy to have those back.
- Full moon roof. Again, little amenity / creature comfort I missed moving from the Mazda to a truck, now it is back.

A couple of other small things. Definitely wanted a more "family" feeling truck with the leather and small touches inside. The Big Horn was a base model with no frills and felt very utility / work vehicle. This feels better all around. Oh and heated and cooled seats again finally!

View attachment 477796

This means accessories!

Had to rebuy the tonneau b/c a 6' one won't fit on a 5' 7" bed. My old one was a $200 Tyger and it was okay. A few things that bothered me about it. This time I stepped up to the BAK X4s. Wanted to keep it roll up but went hard cover and one that would be flush to the side and not rely on velcro and make a bubble around the bed. Should come in Friday.

Also wanted a cover for the back when doggo is riding with us. And also maybe to catch crumbs and crayons from kids. Was going to go back with K9Ballistics but this one seems more purpose built for a crew cab with seats that can fold up. The pictures make it look pretty ugly though so may return it once I get it in.

Going to do a Rhino spray liner maybe Thursday. Was considering Line-X but the feeling seemed too different from Rhino. There is no Bullet dealer next to me to try. Dealership wanted $750 to do their spray in but they suggested I just call around myself. Rhino quote was $550, so saved me $200.

Nice looking truck. Cannot even imagine what that cost.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Nice looking truck. Cannot even imagine what that cost.

$62k - $14k for my RAM (which was $38 from them - $24 left on the note). So financed $48k @ 2.9% which I’ll just try to pay off aggressively like I was the old truck. Just in case a data point is useful for someone else truck shopping. I definitely left money on the table, this is no claim I’m some wizbang car buyer. I am an idiot.

Hopefully this one actually lasts the distance bc I’m not reading up again anytime soon. Last one was supposed to be my last!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
$62k - $14k for my RAM (which was $38 from them - $24 left on the note). So financed $48k @ 2.9% which I’ll just try to pay off aggressively like I was the old truck. Just in case a data point is useful for someone else truck shopping. I definitely left money on the table, this is no claim I’m some wizbang car buyer. I am an idiot.

Hopefully this one actually lasts the distance bc I’m not reading up again anytime soon. Last one was supposed to be my last!
That's a lot of money but not to bad for a full size truck these days.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

View attachment 477796

This means accessories!

That's a big ass, heavy truck. What's the mileage like?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
That's a big ass, heavy truck. What's the mileage like?

Yeah I think the curb weight is around 5,000lb? This one is a 5.7L eTorque so not sure if it will be any different than my last regular 5.7L. It got 16 around town and 20.3 I think was my highway average. It took about 5,000 miles for it to settle in because it was lower than that at the start.

• 1Wow!
  • 1Like

lurker

Vyemm Raider
My wife and I are members of a local chapter of a gold prospectors organization and once a month they have an outing, some of which are overnight. I have an RV but it would never make it to the locations of the claims which are very remote and involve trails that require 4WD.

I bought a tent that fits the bed of my truck and an air mattress. I also bought a small tent to put a porta potty in. Homie don't shit in the woods. Neither does Mrs. Homie. I had everything else like sleeping bags and stoves.

Here I am testing our setup at a small park an hour and a half away from home to see how everything works. This is fine for overnight but I’m spoiled by my motorhome. It will work, though, and I think a tent in the truck bed beats a tent on the ground but I'm past the age of thinking tent camping is fun.

2023061714500526--1202710085142660045-L.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
My wife and I are members of a local chapter of a gold prospectors organization and once a month they have an outing, some of which are overnight. I have an RV but it would never make it to the locations of the claims which are very remote and involve trails that require 4WD.

I bought a tent that fits the bed of my truck and an air mattress. I also bought a small tent to put a porta potty in. Homie don't shit in the woods. Neither does Mrs. Homie. I had everything else like sleeping bags and stoves.

Here I am testing our setup at a small park an hour and a half away from home to see how everything works. This is fine for overnight but I’m spoiled by my motorhome. It will work, though, and I think a tent in the truck bed beats a tent on the ground but I'm past the age of thinking tent camping is fun.

2023061714500526--1202710085142660045-L.jpg
Where's Jeremy and Richard?

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Picked this up + self emptying docking station for $360 the other day;

Pretty impressed with how its performed so far. I have absolutely awful saltillo tile and its picking up pretty much everything on it.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I picked them up on eBay. After looking around I didn’t see any mention of rights to matching numbers for future books, so decided to just go ahead and grab these. It would be great if another publisher like SubPress worked with him and we got the whole series and the ability to do matched numbered or lettered.

I haven’t seen news about kickstarter for 4-6 and with my luck I’ll miss it and have to eBay again lol.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Since life has completely kicked all my hobbies in the balls price wise I've decided to go all-in on a PC build.

Just ordered this with all the bells and whistles, didn't get the monitor arm yet but I'll probably add it as well. MAGNUS Pro Sit Stand Metal Desk | Secretlab SG

Working on the new PC build now, shit is even crazy with this but manageable, contemplating 2x 4k monitors but not sure yet.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God