The "Shit I just bought" thread

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
That tent would be a giant pain in the butt to take hiking which is why he got the one he did.

But still....$570 seems pretty silly.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Very punny! No import tax, it was just the straight cost plus GST and handling. And yes it's an expensive tent, no question. But I'll get a lot of use out of it, and I'm willing to pay extra to lighten my pack by 2-3 pounds over the nearly identical 5 year old North Face one I have that weighs almost double (it's also getting fairly worn out). Keep in mind I bought that tent for the West Coast Trail, where you are potentially going up and down dozens of ladders and the like with a 40-50 pound pack on your back. Every pound counts. And like I said, I'll get my money's worth out of it. The North Face tent I've probably used for close to 100 days of camping, it was well worth the $300-400 I paid for it. Hopefully the new one will last as long. I've already used it 3 times and it's a fucking awesome tent.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What is this pussy-ass tent business? You just pile up some rocks and sticks and sleep on them.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Are there any fat girls or tontons? That will work as well.

uHE2CGZ.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Great now all my ads are for camp gear... better than the local singles ones I guess. I guess I'm trying to say thanks.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I would imagine it's a giant pain in the ass. That shit wouldn't actually fly in National Parks in Canada, anyways. It would cause too much damage to trees. Neat though!

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
That's the lightest 2 person 3 season tent you can find? We split our 3 person (6lb) up with all the people, or move gear around to account for it. Finding a 2lb 12oz 2 person is pretty cool though. The rough part will be finding a good 3 person 4th season tent. Might head for a North Face one, heard good things.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I would imagine it's a giant pain in the ass. That shit wouldn't actually fly in National Parks in Canada, anyways. It would cause too much damage to trees. Neat though!
Camp crown land. Fuck up everything in sight.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
That's the lightest 2 person 3 season tent you can find? We split our 3 person (6lb) up with all the people, or move gear around to account for it. Finding a 2lb 12oz 2 person is pretty cool though. The rough part will be finding a good 3 person 4th season tent. Might head for a North Face one, heard good things.
There might have been a couple others that were a touch lighter, but they had their own compromises as well. Hilleberg specializes in 4 season tents, so you might want to give their product line a look.

Adebisi_sl said:
Camp crown land. Fuck up everything in sight.
Chopping wood with a shotgun is glorious.