The "Shit I just bought" thread

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eomer, don't let them get to you, I paid over 750$ for a lightweight backcountry tipi that can sleep 6. Also have a 1lb titanium stove with pipe so I can use the tipi in the winter
smile.png
Tons of space, entire thing weighs about 4.5lbs. I also have a Hilleberg, Nammatj model, which is smaller and I sometimes use that when it's just be and my dog, though honestly I find myself using the tipi more and more due to relatively close weight, extra space, and the stove in winter(along with one of those 2$ reflective emergency sheets) means I can get the inside damn near 16-17degrees. I do use the Hilleberg when I am high altitude though and need a smaller footprint and there is typically no wood for the tipi anyway.

I'm a huge backcountry fan though, anyone who wants a partner(and probably dog) to join them on a trip let me know! I'll do anything from short weekends to 10+ day outtings. I have a ton of experience with ropes/navigation/mountaineering and get out whenever I am not working pretty much. Of course I can carry my own weight(up to about 60# before I become slow) and have enough supplies to cover myself and a decent sized group. I've been collecting gear for over 10 years now and I'm a whore for upgrading and new technologies.

That being said, I do alot of "car camping" as well. Which might as just be called "Cooler full of beers and nearby lake for me and 10 friends to drink, swim, and party over the weekend" camping. We used to bring 3-4 tents, air-mattresses, etc. Got a little sick of doing that so I upgraded:

rrr_img_40514.jpg
rrr_img_40515.jpg
rrr_img_40516.jpg

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
'MERICA

Joking aside that entire truck is custom. I put way more time/money into than I should have but I built the entire thing myself so it was a fun project. The big diesels run so much nicer once you remove that gay EPA crap.

Seventh

Golden Squire
Picked this up today. It's a Scalpel 29'er. Nicest bike I've ever owned, and after a quick first run I think I'm really going to like it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
How does it differ from the red Huffy I had when I was a kid? It also had two wheels and brakes.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nice bike man. I have a HT 29er that I ride when I take a break from my FS stumpjumper. You going clipless or flats?

Lose the reflectors and post it in the bike thread in general.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Nice bike man. I have a HT 29er that I ride when I take a break from my FS stumpjumper. You going clipless or flats?

Lose the reflectors and post it in the bike thread in general.
What does this all mean!?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Getting crushed by cars at night is all the rage though.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Guess what, if you are on a bike, everyone in a car is already ridiculing you. I say this as someone who has done a lot of bike riding.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
only thing reflectors do on a mountain bike is litter the trail when they fall off

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
only thing reflectors do on a mountain bike is litter the trail when they fall off
What about night hunters? You didn't even consider night hunters! Did you know accidental night hunter related mountain biker killings were up 17.6% last year? I bet you didn't know that. About night hunters.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What about night hunters? You didn't even consider night hunters! Did you know accidental night hunter related mountain biker killings were up 17.6% last year? I bet you didn't know that. About night hunters.
Completely off topic... when I was hiking in rural Bhutan last year, the guide was telling me about their sport of "night hunting". Basically a young guy sneaks into the bedroom window at night to bang his girlfriend. Getting caught by the parents means they are usually forced into marriage. They had some pretty damn funny stories!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_hunting