The "Shit I just bought" thread

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Noods got a knock off designer cutting board. His chopped vegetables probably turn out like shit!

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Those cutting boards have special instructions? Yeah I'm definitely not following whatever they are and mine is fine.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
New jumpsuit...

http://www.verticalsuits.com/suits/shortie.html

rrr_img_70848.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought bamboo cutting boards were the rage. I have had mine for about 5 years and only rinse it with water once I am finished using it. No oiling bullshit to date.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Bamboo would probably make a pretty nice cutting board, it's harder(more resistant to gouges and cuts) than a lot of woods like oak, birch, ash, pine, etc. I don't have a clue what most cutting boards are usually made out of, but I think a few of the only fairly common woods that are much harder than bamboo are redwood and cherry.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have about 3 bamboo cutting boards of varying size and a few plastic. I don't see how they don't do what a fancy cutting board does better.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not to mention, if you are someone of a green thinker, bamboo is the fastest growing / replaceable "wood" there is.

I quote wood, as bamboo is technically a grass. It grows insanely quickly, as in a few feet per day!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Ah yes, of course they want you to use their trademark special oil and cream. They even call it fucking "Mystery Oil" lol. What a crock of shit.
Well you don't have to use their shit. Just use mineral oil.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Like I said, though, if you keep it well dried and aren't living somewhere super humid, it will probably be fine. If not, you end up like Noodle. The oiling obviously keeps water from seeping and staying in the wood and warping it.

As far as bamboo vs maple(which is what these are), I'm not sure of what the advantages are. This is a big, heavy board, which is what I wanted.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well thankfully at least we didn't buy the board. If I bought a $150-200 cutting board and it warped I'd be pissed. On my part I did not know cutting boards could warp. Aside from the warping though, it is goddamn awesome.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Jeezy Creezy, I didn't even look at the price of that thing.

Makes me happy I've got a carpenter buddy that made our maple cutting board for nada with leftover scrap. It's awesome.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Feel like this conversation should be moved to the "first world problems" thread. (we are basically paying stupid money to cut shit on)

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was shocked by the price too which is why I'm glad my wife won it in a sales contest when she worked at Williams Sonoma 10 years ago. I couldn't imagine paying that much money
frown.png

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I'll add that I use a paper plate most often to chop shit, cause I'm lazy and don't want to clean the cutting board.
smile.png

I'm helping to destroy the environment.