The "Shit I just bought" thread

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Got this as a Christmas present but I'm fucking in love with it.

file_5_4.jpg

file_8_1.jpg

It's a bit bulky, but so much nicer to have things organized rather than digging through a regular toolbox trying to find one wrench that is buried under 30 other wrenches.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's common to see 5400RPM drives and not vice versa. I just use my 5400 as my backup and everything important (GAMES) is on my SSD.

$400 is a little steep, but when it comes to tools, buy nice or buy twice. That thing kicks ass.

http://www.strictlytoolboxes.com/top...ool-chest.html

I'd love the bigger version for my air tools.
Those boxes have been around for 5 years or so, you can find em for around $250 on sale, I have seen em up to 48". they are nice.

26" for 3 Bills.

I coulda sworn Craftsman made a version as well, I just cant find a link.

found ithttp://www.craftsman.com/craftsman-2...p-00987706000Pdiamond plate aluminum, hence the big price jump.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also with large capacity drives (like this 1TB) it won't really affect sustained transfer rates as it will have a high areal density, it will still have a higher random access time than 7200 rpm drives. To guess about drive performance you need to know more than will show up on the computers spec sheet.

Wolfen_sl

shitlord
I'd never own any computer that didn't have a 7200rpm drive at minimum (but that's me), although SSD's are the sweetest of things.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
I'd never own any computer that didn't have a 7200rpm drive at minimum (but that's me), although SSD's are the sweetest of things.
Agreed. SSD going in soon.

I could care less about the HDD anyway, it can be replaced easy as fuck and they are cheap. Had to have 670m, bluray and i7. The 16GB of ram was nice too.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I want that Nexus 4 bad, but I can't justify buying it when my Galaxy Nexus works just fine.

If my Galaxy Nexus were to have a...let's say .... accident. Maybe it falls out of my pocket while I'm running and lands in a puddle.

Time to call The Iceman

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Batman-Plush-Bath-Robe-600x600.jpg

Wife just bought me this. And it's possible I have been grunting things like "It may not be the boner you deserve, but it's the boner you neeeeeeeed."

Batman-Plush-Bath-Robe-600x600.jpg

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I want that Nexus 4 bad, but I can't justify buying it when my Galaxy Nexus works just fine.

If my Galaxy Nexus were to have a...let's say .... accident. Maybe it falls out of my pocket while I'm running and lands in a puddle.

Time to call The Iceman
I'm in the process of replacing my Galaxy Nexus with a Nexus 4. The phone arrived yesterday, I'm just waiting for my Straight Talk sim to get here. I can easily justify it because this will reduce my monthly bill from $70 to $45, so the phone will pay for itself by the end of the year. Plus I'll have far better coverage moving from Sprint to Straight Talk on AT&T.

Putting the phones side by side by side, the Nexus 4 is a big upgrade. The screen is significantly better looking and the build quality is far superior to the Galaxy nexus. It feels as well built as any iPhone I've ever handled. It gets a bit warm when gaming, but not excessively so. The only worry I have is scratching the glass back all to hell, so I'll probably put a clear protector on it.

Even if it's not going to affect your bill like it is mine, it's worth it to upgrade from a Galaxy Nexus.