The "Shit I just bought" thread

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I will say a LOT of people who smoke cigars or people who smoke them the first time don't really smoke them the best way possible to get a good taste out of it.

Smoke MUCH slower than you think you should. Smoking a cigar too fast gives it a bitter taste. I would say a good start is a puff once a minute or so. It's not a cigarette which I have seen a number of people who are cigarette smokes try it and try to smoke like a cigarette. Goes without saying don't inhale. Make sure it comes out of a humidor that is of appropriate humidity, too high and it takes a lot of work to keep lit. Too low and it can crack. Both affect the taste.

Start with something mild and work your way to something stronger normally works well.

Don't go in and say give me your best cigar. I smoke Padrons because I have been given several boxes in the last few years. I would never recommend them to a new smoker. Also Davidoff seems to be really for people who want to either buy or give the most expensive cigar they could find. Tried it, didn't care for them.

Borzak

How many leather bound books do you have?
Haha funny one. As far as I know the only leather bound book I own is Cabelas sends me a leather bound catalog most years.

I don't ever smoke inside. To me smoking is an outdoor activity.

As mentioned above I give a lot of cigars away. Even to people who don't smoke I'll give a box to someone I need pull with it and they'll know someone who does smoke and it's something most people don't give. Lots of guys take people out to eat, take them on a hunt or fishing in our industry. I give cigars. They seem to like it even if they don't smoke. They know someone who does and suprise you got a free gift to give.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm not sure what Soygen has been doing with his cigars, but this was never a big mystery to me.
I guess I wasn't clear. I haven't smoked cigars, and always thought you didn't inhale them, so any nicotine high would have been minimal. Is it from just having the thing in your mouth? I never found the nicotine buzz to be an attractive one(when there are much better ones out there), but the posts about enjoying their taste or pairing with dinner, etc make a bit more sense to me.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They contain about 20x the nicotine of a cigarette and yes you'll absorb it through your mouth and nose. Learning to exhale through your nose enjoyably is a big part of the flavor.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I guess I wasn't clear. I haven't smoked cigars, and always thought you didn't inhale them, so any nicotine high would have been minimal. Is it from just having the thing in your mouth? I never found the nicotine buzz to be an attractive one(when there are much better ones out there), but the posts about enjoying their taste or pairing with dinner, etc make a bit more sense to me.
I also enjoy the double-buzz. I rarely smoke without drinking some type of alcohol. My go-to for after work is a nice stout cigar (Padron, Joya De Nicaragua, Undercrowns, LFD, Tatuaje, Cain) and a nice glass of Bourbon. You get the nicotine buzz and then also the alcohol buzz, which is actually a very nice combination as they are both different types of buzz but when combined is a very relaxing buzz.

The interesting thing about smoking, as someone mentioned before, you can really bring out some flavors of food and drinks when you smoke. For instance, Dr. Pepper goes on and on about their 21 flavors r whatever in each can. Most people cannot tell the flavors. Now, go smoke a cigar while drinking that Dr. Pepper, and those flavors really come out and you can tell. It is a very interesting... Same can be said with smoking and drinking Bourbon or scotch. The nuances are no longer subtle, but come out as flavor bombs all of a sudden.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
My boy LV gunna die at 55
... I also smoke in the mornings sometime. A medium strength and short cigar and a nice cup of coffee. Fucking incredible way to start the day!

But yes... I will die a early but amazing death. I hope I die with a lit cigar in my mouth. I better be buried with a cigar or my pipe in my mouth too.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I like the feeling a thick, aromatic rod. The way it sits in my hand and parts my lips with intense pleasure.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
NowthatI can get on board with. Ordering a case of cigars right now.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why so many?
The minimum to be a certified aficionado is 3,450. Anything less and you aren't allowed to be condescending about it on the internet.

It's the same reason I ordered that 27th fleshlight. I only use 22 of them but I was sick of getting laughed out of all the best forums...

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The minimum to be a certified aficionado is 3,450. Anything less and you aren't allowed to be condescending about it on the internet.

It's the same reason I ordered that 27th fleshlight. I only use 22 of them but I was sick of getting laughed out of all the best forums...
Excellent.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I ordered some Cosmo carbon fiber Fit Flight shafts for my darts.

21frcpWe8PL.jpg
31by+5V+d3L.jpg

They're relatively expensive(~$29ish vs the usual $2-12 for most any other kind), especially since I spent another ~$8 to get the expedited shipping to get them in the next week. Otherwise it was projected to take a month+ to arrive and that's some old bullshit.

Comes in a set of 4 instead of the usual 3 for shafts. They're really really sturdy, obviously, but the idea is that even if one does break you can keep on rolling with a fresh one. I'm just hoping if one does break it's not deep in the barrel like with the plastic ones I've had from that company. With the plastic ones I end up heating up a knife to stab in there and get a grip to spin them out. I don't think that will be an option with Carbon Fiber, but not sure. Probably end up having to do some super careful super glue shenanigans to get one out in that case.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Isn't carbon fiber insanely difficult to break anyway?

Borzak

I ordered some Cosmo carbon fiber Fit Flight shafts for my darts.

21frcpWe8PL.jpg
31by+5V+d3L.jpg

They're relatively expensive(~$29ish vs the usual $2-12 for most any other kind), especially since I spent another ~$8 to get the expedited shipping to get them in the next week. Otherwise it was projected to take a month+ to arrive and that's some old bullshit.

Comes in a set of 4 instead of the usual 3 for shafts. They're really really sturdy, obviously, but the idea is that even if one does break you can keep on rolling with a fresh one. I'm just hoping if one does break it's not deep in the barrel like with the plastic ones I've had from that company. With the plastic ones I end up heating up a knife to stab in there and get a grip to spin them out. I don't think that will be an option with Carbon Fiber, but not sure. Probably end up having to do some super careful super glue shenanigans to get one out in that case.
Does the weight change effect your throw much? Not a dart player obviously. Weight forward or whatever they call the balance?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Can anyone recommend a decent food processor? I went to target today and they carry ONE FUCKING model and it's some Ninja shit that's more blender than anything else and it's $200. Shits pissing me off, I don't need anything top of the line, just something that's good with quick veggie slicing and that can grind the shit out of saltines and/or bread to make cracker/bread crumbs.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Can anyone recommend a decent food processor? I went to target today and they carry ONE FUCKING model and it's some Ninja shit that's more blender than anything else and it's $200. Shits pissing me off, I don't need anything top of the line, just something that's good with quick veggie slicing and that can grind the shit out of saltines and/or bread to make cracker/bread crumbs.
Ha, i purchased this 10 years ago (amazon shows you the date when you bought an item), still going strong. I've used it for dressings (it has that little hole on top for oil), and other shit. This is also how i ground my meat actually, yea you don't need a meat grinder attachment on your kitchenaid to make burgers. (if you're really picky about it, throw an ice cube in there to make sure you don't heat up the meat)

Amazon.com: Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor, Brushed Chrome: Kitchen Dining

it is a 2cup, i've used others like just a bigger version of it
Amazon.com: Cuisinart DLC-2011CHB Prep 11 Plus 11-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless: Full Size Food Processors: Kitchen Dining

to prepare some boudin balls for a baby shower, and while my food proc did fine, i really was stretching the capacity of it.

i haven't used other brands, i've seen that infomercial ninja shit in action when friends buy it once and go "oh look i can make a milk shake" and then that shit gets dusty cuz the pods are small as shit and no one uses it.

basically cuisinart i guess, just pick one that matches the size you think you'll be using. and trust me even the 2cup one is powerful, as i said i grind meat on it (pulse, whatever) for hamburger chunks, all the way to mush for those boudin balls (along w/ mixing in rice and other things).

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
2 cup is smaller than I was thinking but upon reflection, I guess any bigger isn't really needed. Are those pulse buttons or can I hit it and walk away and it'll keep going?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
pulse and hold, you don't have to walk away from shit, why would you have to? like for realz time, if i fill up half the bowl (cuz you don't' want to obese overstuff it) w/ just pure steak/cow. i can grind it into hamburger in 15s (2 long 5s holds and 1 3s reverse hold), and mincemeat 10s afterthat. but yea everything is a pulse, i don't think you get anything that you can press and walk away like a blender.

The thing about the bigger capacities, you can change the blades for like other shit, like grating cheese.