The "Shit I just bought" thread

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Love my kitchen aid mixer for everything... also they do have a food processor attachment for the stand mixer. Not sure how great it is but there is a two in one for you to save some space maybe. and you can expand to a pasta maker and meat grinder if. You want.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
ASUS RT-AC87U Wireless-AC2400 Dual-band Gigabit Router IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11ac, IPv4, IPv6 - Newegg.com

This router is a beast. It replaces an Asus Dark Knight router that had been working great but a nearby lightning strike took it out. I'm a cord cutter, so everything I watch is streamed. With my old router I would get streaming drop outs but this new one is a night and day difference. Not a single dropout and streams start immediately. Wireless range is awesome and AC doesn't hurt, either. It ain't cheap, but I'll be doing mega amounts of streaming and wanted something that can handle it along with all the other devices in the house.
Just wish I could get ac chromecast.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
rrr_img_103286.jpg

Harley Benton UK-12 Magenta - Thomann UK

My girl is going to be three in two weeks and she wants a kid guitar. ?20 for a "real instrument" sounds good to me, not paying ?20 for a piece of plastic "toy instrument".

She's going to wreck it either way.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'll be honest, I saw a new Brahma post in this thread and was disappointed it wasn't some new high-end thingamajig.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I needed a new leather jacket. I saw this one on deep discount at a NYC boutique that specializes in Japanese reproduction items. The brand is Fullcount. I'm pretty happy with it even though its too warm to wear anytime soon.

LpaX05Q.jpg

qv7Szz6.jpg

Tenks

ASUS RT-AC87U Wireless-AC2400 Dual-band Gigabit Router IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11ac, IPv4, IPv6 - Newegg.com

This router is a beast. It replaces an Asus Dark Knight router that had been working great but a nearby lightning strike took it out. I'm a cord cutter, so everything I watch is streamed. With my old router I would get streaming drop outs but this new one is a night and day difference. Not a single dropout and streams start immediately. Wireless range is awesome and AC doesn't hurt, either. It ain't cheap, but I'll be doing mega amounts of streaming and wanted something that can handle it along with all the other devices in the house.
I sort of bricked my current (old as fuck need a new one anyways) router last night trying to install dd-wrt on it. What made you go with this router over like the Netgear Nighthawk? The latter seems a tad higher reviewed.

Siliconemelons

rrr_img_103286.jpg

Harley Benton UK-12 Magenta - Thomann UK

My girl is going to be three in two weeks and she wants a kid guitar. ?20 for a "real instrument" sounds good to me, not paying ?20 for a piece of plastic "toy instrument".

She's going to wreck it either way.
Got one on sale from cracker barrel called a "traveling guitar - mini uke" or some nonsense - dang thing actually sounds decent if you tune it up, is made out of wood etc. my girls love it...but are very rough with it- but that's mostly the younger one the 3/4 yr old actually try's to use it properly.

So A+ :) its actually a "real" type of instrument yet not 50-150$ where if/when it gets busted its annoying. lets them grow into something a bit more substantial once they decide to attach to it or not.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Heh. The reviews on the guitars are actually good(on their site, at least).

Tenks

I figure for $100 if your kid says "Hey I may want to play the violin" this would be a better starting point than dropping $1500 on something they may play for a few weeks then abandon ship

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I never knew it until last week when I saw it on SlickDeals but Monoprice sells (I'm sure absolute shit) instruments. Like trumpets and violins and shit.

4/4 Flamed Maple Violin - Monoprice.com
i don't know shit about violins, but a quick amazon search produced
Amazon.com: Mendini 4/4 MV300 Solid Wood Satin Antique Violin with Hard Case, Shoulder Rest, Bow, Rosin and Extra Strings (Full Size): Musical Instruments

looks exactly the same for 66bucks

maybe you're better off w/ amazon.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hm i didn't know you had to do all that shit i guess I'm always logged in.
1990s speedmaster for 1700