The "Shit I just bought" thread

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
$(KGrHqZ,!l4E87ryWCSdBPm!67N7fg~~60_57.JPG

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All the steroid scandals in baseball pretty much killed the value of cards from that era. All the guys who were rookies in the 80s and early 90s were most of the people tied up in the steroid scandals. McGwire and Canseco rookie cards from 86 and 87 were worth some good money as of the late 90s, as well as people like Roger Clemons. Now about the only card worth much of anything from that era is a Ken Griffey rookie card, mainly because he stayed out of all of that controversy.

I have a ton of baseball cards from the 80s when I was a kid, and I remember at some point in the late 90s I looked up some values, my Canseco rookie cards were worth like $10-$15 a pop with McGwire and Sosa rookie cards worth $20-$50 apiece. Now you'd be lucky to get $1-$2 for any of them, and a Canseco rookie is worth about a quarter if you're lucky.

Hardly anything made from the mid-90s on is worth anything, the early 90s is when card companies went nuts and started oversaturating the market. Standard-issue cards from those years aren't worth anything, the only cards of any value are a few random, rare inserts from obscure sets.
Yeah, the 1985 Topps USA Olympic Mark McGwire rookie was going for about $500 when he was breaking the single season home run record. Now you'd be lucky to get 5 bucks for it.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can feel smug because I bought 2 of em. Just in case. Got the other pair just sitting there all safe and snug in its protective vintage plastic bag. Ear fucking gold right there brosef.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
My parents sold their house and in the process of moving found my old Garbage Pail Kids in a box. I laughed at my little bro and told him they were probably worth more than his nicely stacked baseball cards in my gun safe.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I went through some of my old cards and I should have looked up the value on some. Probably less than nothing.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Randy Johnson Score rookie card is the best thing I have I think. Looks like it's like $20-30. No idea where the fuck all my cards are though. Shit's worthless, they broke the market on them just like comics did in the 90s.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
@Ronaan.
Children's meatus acusticus externus is slightly different to adult's. Pull the ear upwards and back to straighten it when measuring. Read the instructions that comes with the thermometer carefully. I'm sure you know that physicians don't consider a temperature measured this way very accurate for obvious reasons. An ear infection, otitis media or externa, can mess greatly with the probe for instance, as can a slight misapplication of the thermometer. In any case, it's the general condition of the child that's important, not the thermometer reading. Here's more :How to take a child's temperature

Cheers
smile.png

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We have the temporal forehead thermometer and I always use it on my daughter like 5 times because I never think I'm doing it right.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Taking a temperature is like sex: Always go for the butthole.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
I think I retrieved 10 of those the troggs stole in Loch Modan. Only got 2g.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
@Ronaan.
Children's meatus acusticus externus is slightly different to adult's. Pull the ear upwards and back to straighten it when measuring. Read the instructions that comes with the thermometer carefully.
Done that, thanks for the link.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick