The "Shit I just bought" thread

Guvnah

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm a big fan of the Benchmade stuff too. My EDC knife is a Benchmade Ritter RSK and it has served me quite well for ~5 years. It is basically a full-size griptillian with better steel in the blade.

I love the Spiderco stuff too.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Bought some Hantek replacement 1x/10x 100MHz oscilloscope probes. For $15 they work pretty awesome, after calibration of course.

rrr_img_48894.jpg

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any dead pixels that you can notice? I'm damn close to ordering one
I have the X-star version of the same panel and it's perfect other than slight backlight bleed. I've read you can take them apart and tape it up to fix the bleed but I'm too lazy to care.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Me and my group of friends bought 7 koreans (shimian,x-star,qnix) in the last year or so (none was the perfect pixel version) and only one had a dead pixel.
The backlight bleeding problem on the X-Star / Qnix is well known but easily fixable like Zodiac said.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
So how much are you saving compared to buying the shit that works / has no flaws in the first place?

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
So how much are you saving compared to buying the shit that works / has no flaws in the first place?
$300-400

It's the same panel that goes into a lot of the higher end monitors but it's not an A+ panel so they sell it for like half.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
It's not only that, they offer stuff you can't find on any other brands. First of all, it's the ability to overclock them to 120hz or even more. Then it's the single input part (dual link DVI) that provides a lower input lag compared to most models.

So you're getting a 27" PLS (Samsung's versions of IPS) 2560x1440 screen that can overclock to 120hz, has ~6ms input lag, very light to noanti-glare filmall for 300$ shipped to your door.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Just buy one and go to town on everything you see! Eventually you'll get the hang of it.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I took the community college course despite having learned in high school and I think it was worth it, but the key really is practicing a lot. It's a muscle memory thing.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Been wanting a leather jacket for years, finally broke down and picked one up.

MC5297001_main