The Summer 2019 Anime Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lucky Star, Haruhi, Nichijou, K-on, Amagi Brilliant Park to name a few of their works. Pretty tragic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
I wonder if he thought he would even be successful at even killing one person. Sounds like the building was a deathtrap waiting to happen.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Leaked promo for Enen no Shouboutai goes super viral
100716.jpg

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I read the Afurieta Light Novel last night. Our boy Hajima actually smashes the 13 (300) year old vampire. Over and over and over again! It kind of cracks me up how creative light novels get when it comes to talking about sex... By doing everything possible to not talk about it and frame it in the most absurd ways.

Afurieta frames it as Hajima repeatedly losing, "night battles" with Yue the Vampire and just giving in. Sacrificing his dignity to her. lol.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Araburu Kisestu no Otomo dono yo is interesting so far. Very seinen take on puberty.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
pjimage-87.jpg

not an employee
he says Kyoto Animation stole his web novels and made em as their IP.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Demon Hunter delivers yet again. But why couldn't they cut the other spiderwebs and only eachothers?

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really like how Lord Melloi II is showing that Waver is living out his promise to Rider by the effect he has on his students. Great show.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Demon Hunter really is great. Tanjiro's harem is a little weird though.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Demon Hunter delivers yet again. But why couldn't they cut the other spiderwebs and only eachothers?

what other spider webs? The ones on the other demon hunters? the ones that they DID cut, but the webs kept getting attached?

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm really digging the new series, Arifureta. The show itself is similar to DanMachi in that it involves a dungeon, but also a little like Full Metal Alchemist for a similar reason. The basic plot is there's a guy that's like an alchemist. He's useless in battle, but he plays a support role. He's with a team of people that venture into a dungeon to help gain levels and improve their combat ability. The dungeon is 100 floors, but no one has ever gotten past 60.

Anyway, the team hits a trap and are teleported to the 65th floor. While trying to figure out how to get back, they're attacked by a giant bull monster that they call a behemoth. The alchemist guy is trying to save people, and a jealous boi faggot attacks him with a spell, knocking him off the ledge down to a much farther floor. Somehow the main team is able to return home safely, but the alchemist guy is all alone on some deep floor of the dungeon. He gets attacked by dungeon bears and shit. The bear eats his arm, so he runs away and hides in the middle of this rock tunnel by "alchemisting" the cave away. Now it's a solid piece of rock without a cave entrance. Anyway, he gets attacked by another monster (a lizard I think?), and he's supper hungry. Somehow he kills the lizard, and decides to eat it. But every monster in this dungeon will kill you if you eat them. He eats anyway, but this magic crystal that's growing overhead is creating a small water supply, but that's the "real" holy water. When he drinks it, it heals all of his damage (except the missing arm), and also prevents him from being poisoned. At the same time, he now learns abilities from the monster he's eaten. So he decides that he's now going to kill and eat every monster that he comes across. And he levels up that way.

He also meets a vampire girl that's trapped in a rock, but that's another story.

So the point of this brief synopsis? Watch the show. I think you'll like it.
Arifureta is good stuff.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm really digging the new series, Arifureta. The show itself is similar to DanMachi in that it involves a dungeon, but also a little like Full Metal Alchemist for a similar reason. The basic plot is there's a guy that's like an alchemist. He's useless in battle, but he plays a support role. He's with a team of people that venture into a dungeon to help gain levels and improve their combat ability. The dungeon is 100 floors, but no one has ever gotten past 60.

Anyway, the team hits a trap and are teleported to the 65th floor. While trying to figure out how to get back, they're attacked by a giant bull monster that they call a behemoth. The alchemist guy is trying to save people, and a jealous boi faggot attacks him with a spell, knocking him off the ledge down to a much farther floor. Somehow the main team is able to return home safely, but the alchemist guy is all alone on some deep floor of the dungeon. He gets attacked by dungeon bears and shit. The bear eats his arm, so he runs away and hides in the middle of this rock tunnel by "alchemisting" the cave away. Now it's a solid piece of rock without a cave entrance. Anyway, he gets attacked by another monster (a lizard I think?), and he's supper hungry. Somehow he kills the lizard, and decides to eat it. But every monster in this dungeon will kill you if you eat them. He eats anyway, but this magic crystal that's growing overhead is creating a small water supply, but that's the "real" holy water. When he drinks it, it heals all of his damage (except the missing arm), and also prevents him from being poisoned. At the same time, he now learns abilities from the monster he's eaten. So he decides that he's now going to kill and eat every monster that he comes across. And he levels up that way.

He also meets a vampire girl that's trapped in a rock, but that's another story.

So the point of this brief synopsis? Watch the show. I think you'll like it.
Arifureta is good stuff.

Some cringey ass CGI going on though!

I am on the third light novel but I don't think I can take much more of it. The translation is terrible and makes no sense at parts.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It's an edgelord revenge phantasy, and they are a dime a dozen. I hope you didn't expect something like the next Hunter S. Thompson novel.

The fuck are you talking about lol? I am totally fine with it being some dime a dozen shit I read on the train.

But presently it's so confusing to read due to poor translation it's falling under my high bar of, "is this enjoyable to mindlessly read during my commute?"

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Supposedly the creator of Arifureta forgets the skill of Hajime of eating monsters after the Orcus laybrinth -- as in, the MC never uses the skill again. Anyone who's read the LN -- is this true?

And when the fuck is more Vinland Saga coming out?

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Supposedly the creator of Arifureta forgets the skill of Hajime of eating monsters after the Orcus laybrinth -- as in, the MC never uses the skill again. Anyone who's read the LN -- is this true?

They aired 3 ep, so they don't anymore for 3 weeks it seems. Next EP is like next week.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

I got to the point where he is no longer in the Labyrinth. Now his main goals seem to be expanding his harem and spelunking around the world. He doesn't eat anything else but he is also so absurdly powerful that IDK if there is much need to. I mean, you think he just has guns? Nah dog he goes full steampunk motorcycle gang with stinger missiles while everyone else is still playing Elfs and Wizards.

Shit gets batshit I'm telling you. But the first part was enjoyable.

• 1Like