The Tanoubliette: Pussy Hurt and Delusions or TTPHAD for short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
The conversation I was referring to was in the GamerGate thread.

Sometimes conversation does happen here too, though, despite people's best efforts to ensure otherwise.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
fixed it.
Did you? Read it again, numb nuts.

No one cares what you do or don't believe.

Your beliefs are irrelevant.

What you can prove is all that matters.
g2kvy7Z.gif

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
She's certainly a much bigger deal and more well known than something that ruined a fucking US President.
Incidentally, Ambi, this post is retarded. Do you even know who plays Nintendo games?

You're comparing a historical event fromover 40 years agoto a recent cultural event that is still very much part of the public consciousness, ESPECIALLY among gamers.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but using "-gate" as a suffix has becomevery commonin the late 90's and especially the 2000s. It's become normalized to the point where we are no longer surprised to see it used to label virtually any scandal. This is almost certainly why Nintendo's localization team made an off-hand joke about it. It just so happens that GamerGate was a recent example that happened to come to the forefront of cultural consciousness (again, especially among gamers). It's not a GmerGate joke, but it's also not a fucking Richard Nixon reference. It's very likely just a reference to to the "-gate" trend that, again, is currently most closely associated with GamerGate.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Incidentally, Ambi, this post is retarded. Do you even know who plays Nintendo games?

You're comparing a historical event fromover 40 years agoto a recent cultural event that is still very much part of the public consciousness, ESPECIALLY among gamers.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but using "-gate" as a suffix has becomevery commonin the late 90's and especially the 2000s. It's become normalized to the point where we are no longer surprised to see it used to label virtually any scandal. This is almost certainly why Nintendo's localization team made an off-hand joke about it. It just so happens that GamerGate was a recent example that happened to come to the forefront of cultural consciousness (again, especially among gamers). It's not a GmerGate joke, but it's also not a fucking Richard Nixon reference. It's very likely just a reference to to the "-gate" trend that, again, is currently most closely associated with GamerGate.
This can't be a serious post. It just cant.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Yerm is literally the only person so far to actually make a coherent logical argument against the points I actually made, instead of a flood of strawman bullshit "he thinks they're the same!" and "he thinks we're not allowed to criticize Islam at all!" shitposts. It actually really worries me that people just assume this garbage the instant someone comes forward with a vaguely pro-Muslim post.
Welcome to Rerolled.

No it isn't, yes they are, no it isn't. Not all members of the Nazi party supported committing genocide, but they damn sure didn't oppose it. But I guess it would be wrong to blanket discriminate against every adherent of that political belief.

Ugh, now I kinda feel like I should find a Nazi and apologize to him for comparing his beliefs to Islam.
I'm guessing you don't realize you're openly advocating thought policing.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Oh imagine that, it was a Watergate reference. I hope you feel genuinely embarrassed for the time you took to come up with that cucksplaining post.
Meh, I'm mildly embarrassed by the way they chose to word their response. It's a Watergate reference in the same wayall of theseare Watergate references. It very much became its own thing, and Nintendo would not have included that joke if it hadn't.

You're still ignoring the fact that the majority of Paper Mario players are not going to think "Richard Nixon" when they read that line. They'll think "ah, it's a play on using 'gate' to signify a scandal" and they'll be correct.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Ignorance has nothing to do with it.
You're right.

Plain old ignorance is forgivable.

Its your egregious degrees of willful ignorance that is the real issue at hand here.

Because it is disingenuous as fuck, which defines you to a tee.

Status
Not open for further replies.