The Tattoo Thread

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Badass Quse. Always loved his stuff.

I want to get a tattoo done by Miguel Bohigues (example below) when I go to Spain (next summer) so Im planning to stop off in Valencia for a couple days. Guys work is insane (and expensive) but will be worth it if I can get something done.

artist--miguel_bohigues--tattoo_0201361872323.jpg

Another:

artist--miguel_bohigues--tattoo_0321361872673.jpg

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The caesar tat is bad as hell, but the body placement makes that nipple protruding from his upper arm an jarring distraction from it overall.

iannis

Musty Nester
Soo I decided to get another tattoo. As a result, I'm coming back out of perpetual lurker status to post it.
I'd guess I'm 40% (?????) done. Shit's insane... and taking so much longer to heal than I expected.

I'm not sure if I've fucked this up (I really don't think I have), but the outline is healed completely and within 2-3 weeks. The second (3.5 weeks old now) session work still looks like outrageously dry skin (like there's another layer of skin to shed) and "milky". The third (2.5 weeks old) session work looks about the same as the second session's. Nothing has been infected, overly scabbed and has been taken super fucking well cared for.

Not sure if anyone has had a similar experience, but I'm semi-worried/freaking out this won't heal well.
Dude, I've got the middle part of that Geiger. There was a game in the mid 90's that shipped with it in the box. I forget what game it was, I think it was crap (A stephen king game, if I remember), but I've kept that print ever since I got it.

Skin looks ok on a picture. It should be fine as long as you keep it cared for. Hard to tell, but there's nothing that's obviously "woah". The pig in the third kind of is, but not all that much. Less than I'd expect, at least. Check out Az'z owl. Now that's pinked up.

quse

the pupe
Finished with the sixth session last a week ago. I'm at about 22-23 hours elapsed now - no issues with how long the whole piece is going to take, I'm just not sure I realized how long haha.

rrr_img_101151.jpg

rrr_img_101152.jpg

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
updated my WoW tattoo (got it about 7 years ago and it had faded a lot).

Took about 4 hours in 1 sitting with no break.

edit: adding before and after front shot.

rrr_img_119699.jpg
rrr_img_119698.jpg
rrr_img_119700.jpg
rrr_img_119697.jpg
rrr_img_119701.jpg

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
No, but I have gotten michael fassbender before, and then last week a black guy said I look like mark wahlberg, because I guess all white people look alike?
rrr_img_119974.jpg

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Do you have one on each arm?
Nope... I originally went into the shop intending to get the armor plate on my right side, but the artist convinced me to update my older/faded tattoo and do the left side (again) first.

Getting something on my right shoulder is high priority now, I'm thinking maybe just mirror the front and top plate pieces, and then maybe something different down the arm, maybe something like a dagger? (thinking tier 2 paladin kinda, although I personally always preferred tier 10 the best) I don't know. I'll think of something, but I think I'll schedule it soon, the guy is usually booked up about a month in advance.

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
This is my girlfriend, I have no tattoos myself (I'm a fucking wuss), but as you can see she loves body art. All of hers are done by the same artist, she's been seeing him for years. Incredibly talented guy, Mason Williams in the Cincinnati area.

She's a lover of mythology and ancient greek/roman art/history/languages, so wanted to get a bunch of art of that type on her body. He also did the picture hanging in the background in the shots.

She reads this forum over my shoulder and when we were looking at this thread she suggested I post up some pics of her work.

Oh, and yes, I did give her an Xbox too at one point....

rrr_img_120142.jpg
rrr_img_120143.jpg
rrr_img_120144.jpg
rrr_img_120145.jpg
rrr_img_120146.jpg
rrr_img_120147.jpg

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
That is some really nice looking work man.

Next time tell her there is no need to cover up the titties though!

Ancallagon

We were both wondering how many posts until someone asked about the titties... RR did not disappoint, as usual!

KriosPangis

Trakanon Raider
Very long time lurker here ... First off, beautiful tattoos!

Next - titties were posted - just need to be a super-sleuth like I believed all of RR to be ( look at the reflection in the picture on the wall )

Brikker

Trump's Staff

Next - titties were posted - just need to be a super-sleuth like I believed all of RR to be ( look at the reflection in the picture on the wall )
I think you mistake shapes for things they aren't

Decado

Golden Knight of the Realm
Very nice work indeed, really like the contrast of the shaded artwork overlaid with the coloured leaves, gives it great depth i think

Ancallagon

Hah, nice find. Didn't think about reflections, but yup, those are most definitely her tits!

She thanks you all for the comments! she's going to get the forearms finished up this month, and then not sure what's next. We'll likely be moving to San Jose, so any future work will involve a flight back to cincy.