The Terminal List

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I thought at some point they explained that Talos was all (or mostly) former SpecOps guys.

Regardless, they were innocent. You could also argue that Jai Courtney's security guards were unnecessary casualties. Sure, they fired back at him, but he initiated contact. They were just providing security. Is their boss an asshole? Sure, but that doesn't mean they deserve to die.

How is that really any different than his encounter in the mountains with the FBI/SEAL team tracking him?

It helps when you're writing characters that they're consistent. When they have a set of principles, they don't just abandon them because the writers were lazy.

Oh, and I did want to mention something I forgot from that Drinker review above; that intestine scene. God damn was that fucking brutal. Can't say I've seen something like that outside of horror movies, which are intentionally ridiculous.
Yeah, I'm not saying it was actually justifiable, just that is what the show wanted you to think since they made a point of mentioning it was Talos security. It's a simple show -- if you're part of Talos then you're evil and should be double tapped in the head.

They really should have wrapped things up before the last episode because it did get pretty dumb.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just finished this and thought it was fantastic. Just a cut below Reacher. The end made laugh how he kills his friend and then just takes off on his sail boat. Looking forward to season 2.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I enjoyed this more than Reacher. It got me to start Jack Carr's sequel books and his podcast.

By the end of the series he's not really a good guy anymore. His motives are sympathetic, but I thought the series made it pretty clear at parts that he crossed the line. He does restrain himself at times, but he's a full on vigilante using terrorist tactics.

I listened to book 2 on audible and it goes in a different direction. Minor story arc spoiler.

Its still a thriller, but it's a redemption arc at the same time.

Jack Carr's podcast isn't bad if your into that sort of thing. He's was a Navy Seal sniper for 20ish years before becoming a writer. It's a mix of military guests, old buddies, other writers and off the grid/survival type stuff.