The Terminal List

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Literally spat over my phone with a spluttering laugh

You'd never catch me doing intoxicating substances off body parts. Hope you ditched those degens
If you haven't snorted coke off a hooker's ass, you haven't lived yet.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This was solid. At first, I wasn't into it... it felt like a bit of retread and the "is he crazy or not" gets resolved fairly fast. After watching it, it grew on me and though I think it could have been condensed without losing much, it was still a good revenge tale in the end and was occasionally poignant.

Too bad they pointlessly had to shit on it all with that dumb final name on the list. Just really feels like a dumb gotcha twist that didn't serve anything. And, let's be real, you think some people are going to die in 1-1.5 years, including your brother, so you just decide it's best to let them get ambushed and brutally murdered because they're "doing what they love"? Oh, and they never consented to having their brain fucked with and it's no big deal to a brother?Fuck that. Don't buy that for a second and it really cheapened things.

Last edited:

Caliane

I'm not quite done. I actually liked the early bits more. the period when you don't know if he's crazy or not. I was leaning more on the ptsd/hallucinations side honestly.
I think the show is even going too far with the flashbacks, memory loss, and being unable to tell now from the past. like, how is this guy functioning at all?

the kill list half of the season I find a bit more straight forward. Also question how these guys pulled this shit off in the first place, with the deep fake, etc.

Last name. I'm not there yet. i think you guys might be getting a bit too obvious with who it probably is.
I imagine its his brother? he said alot of really sketchy things in the first couple episodes. and has the standard hollywood backstory of shit brother. drunk, druggie fuckup brother, who was down and out and "thanks" his brother/sister for pulling him out of it. while clearly selling the family out, or dragging them down in a drug deal. He was triggering my arm bells very early. right from episode 1.
overly helpful in an odd way. again in a movie way. we don't see anything about his life, etc. like the female Alabama lady, we have memories, etc to show her reactions, and backstory. they don't do that for him. keep him a mystery.
whats missing is the "bad guys" contacting him. idk, maybe they'll show flashbacks of them demanding he keep his brother in check or something.

• 1Like

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not quite done. I actually liked the early bits more. the period when you don't know if he's crazy or not. I was leaning more on the ptsd/hallucinations side honestly.
I think the show is even going too far with the flashbacks, memory loss, and being unable to tell now from the past. like, how is this guy functioning at all?

the kill list half of the season I find a bit more straight forward. Also question how these guys pulled this shit off in the first place, with the deep fake, etc.

Last name. I'm not there yet. i think you guys might be getting a bit too obvious with who it probably is.
I imagine its his brother? he said alot of really sketchy things in the first couple episodes. and has the standard hollywood backstory of shit brother. drunk, druggie fuckup brother, who was down and out and "thanks" his brother/sister for pulling him out of it. while clearly selling the family out, or dragging them down in a drug deal. He was triggering my arm bells very early. right from episode 1.
overly helpful in an odd way. again in a movie way. we don't see anything about his life, etc. like the female Alabama lady, we have memories, etc to show her reactions, and backstory. they don't do that for him. keep him a mystery.
whats missing is the "bad guys" contacting him. idk, maybe they'll show flashbacks of them demanding he keep his brother in check or something.
I was thinking they were going to have him operate sort of half in reality and half in delusion, for a flawed but well-intentioned avenging angel, but they went the very straightforward way of "super troubled, hears voices, confuses all his memories.. but when it comes to actions in the real world he is super grounded in reality and only makes correct calls" plot armor.

There's nothing wrong with it, it's a pretty straighforward theme - don't fuck with guys who have made it their life's mission to perfect the application of violence. They might fuck with you back.

There's just not a ton more to it and it ignores a lot of things in service of that message, but I'm okay with it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This was ok, nothing special - if you like military stuff like Lone Survivor, 13 Hours, etc then you'll like this I guess - although the extended format drags it out in places.

The girl playing his daughter was a good example of how most child actors over-act

• 1Like

faille

Molten Core Raider
anyone got a link handy to the differences / changes between the series and the book? Decided to start reading from book 2 but it seems there's a few differences already, so want to plug those gaps

Grez

Molten Core Raider
that's not a new thing. he's never really been outspokenly religious. it's just that the left are so outspokenly ANTI-religious that it makes anyone who has attended church in the last half a decade look like they are a televangelist

Caliane

lol. I mean it is a revenge fantasy. And yeah, guns make rigthish..

but, wheres the right wing? his own government fucked him over. Corporations. etc. it questions god.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Well the new left supports government and corporations no matter what now so anything painting those in a bad light is right wing and evil.

• 1Like

Grez

Molten Core Raider
Is this basically 'Dexter' but instead of hunting down and murdering murderers, he hunts down and murders the politicians responsible for his unit or whatever getting killed?

If so, count me in.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Is this basically 'Dexter' but instead of hunting down and murdering murderers, he hunts down and murders the politicians responsible for his unit or whatever getting killed?

If so, count me in.
Pretty much that with plot complexity written at a level of a 6 year old.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Pretty much in consensus, this was really good, except for the final name. If there are sequel novels, what are they about? Hope it's not just continuous "oh look we found more people were responsible!" over and over, because that would get old. And if it's over something other than his family's deaths, not sure what else would be as compelling of a motive.

Caliane

The Terminal List 2: Affordable health care.

he goes to a doctor finally. Insurance fucks him over with out of network fees, in a grand conspiracy. goes hitman on the executives.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

he goes to a doctor finally. Insurance fucks him over with out of network fees, in a grand conspiracy. goes hitman on the executives.

The Terminal List 3: NHS

He remarries a cute British woman recently widowed. He gets access to the NHS who treats his condition. He then retires and lives a long and happy life in an English village.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Pretty much in consensus, this was really good, except for the final name. If there are sequel novels, what are they about? Hope it's not just continuous "oh look we found more people were responsible!" over and over, because that would get old. And if it's over something other than his family's deaths, not sure what else would be as compelling of a motive.
I believe book 2 is a terrorist attack happens in the UK or EU, the CIA finds out its first in the series of global attacks and for some reason they decide Reese is the man they need, so they bring him in, despite being one of the most wanted men in America, to unravel this plot and murder some dudes.

I am pretty sure the paper thin plot is more of a reason for the big RT critic vs audience split. The plot of the show asks some interesting questions about the government, military, pharma and how they all shit on our soldiers, but the answer to everything is murder. But, to use myself as an example, if I had to rate it with a number, I'd probably give a 3/5 (a rotten on RT), but if just answering "is this worth watching", yeah, absolutely, the action in the show is great, the acting is pretty good, definitely watchable, even things kinda resolve a little too easily and simply.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>

It is revealed in an eleventh hour plot twist at the end of the season that
the executives were actually innocent, and the grand architect of the conspiracy was actually a gay insurance nurse going by the alias sleevedraw who really just wanted to get in Chris Pratt's pants.

This was enjoyable. Basic action prolefeed, but enjoyable.

• 1Like