The Terror

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 4 Votes
Title: The Terror

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2018-03-26

Creator: Edward Berger

Cast: Jared Harris, Tobias Menzies, Ciarán Hinds, Adam Nagaitis, Paul Ready, Nive Nielsen, Ian Hart

Overview: The crew of a Royal Naval expedition searching for the Arctic's treacherous Northwest Passage discovers instead a monstrous predator.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/02/amc-terror-tv/

And the first cable network looking to capitalize on the massive mainstream success of The Walking Dead TV show is ? Walking Dead network AMC. After proving that modern horror can draw audiences to rival ? and, in some cases, beat ? the big broadcast networks with the adaptation of Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard?s long-running zombie comic, the network is developing a second horror drama based on Dan Simmons? aptly named 2007 novel The Terror.

The Terror offers a fictionalized version of the real-life ?lost expedition? of British Royal Navy officer Captain Sir John Franklin in 1845, in which two vessels, the HMS Erebus and the HMS Terror, became trapped in ice in the Canadian Arctic, leading to the eventual deaths of both ships? crews. While the true story of what happened to the expedition is both mysterious and grisly, Simmons? take on it is far more ready-for-television, featuring a mythological beast hunting the crews and continually fracturing alliances and relationships between the human survivors.

Much as it did with The Walking Dead, which was originally the product of producer Gail Anne Hurd (Alien, Terminator) and writer/director Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption), AMC is relying on well-regarded genre veterans to usher the show into reality. Blade Runner and Prometheus director Ridley Scott will be executive producer for the series, while his production company, Scott Free, pairs with Television 360 (Game of Thrones) to bring the show to screen. A pilot script is currently being written by David Kajganich, a screenwriter whose previous credits include 2007's Invasion of the Body Snatchers remake, The Invasion.

Considering the record-breaking success The Walking Dead has had, the real surprise isn?t that AMC wants to try and repeat its successful formula with a new series; it?s that other cable networks aren?t doing exactly the same thing already.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Since RS is doing this, I bet it's really a show about Jesus.

• 1Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
"Simmons' take on it is far more ready-for-television, featuring a mythological beast hunting the crews"

Nice, when it start??? Hopefully they can refine the walking dead's "people argue and every once in a while a zombie shows up.".

"and continually fracturing alliances and relationships between the human survivors."

Nevermind, I'm out.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that was a quick arc. i went from interested to appalled just in the space of that article. it saved me a whole lot of trouble of ever having to watch the damned thing. after breaking bad finishes, im done with the entire network. i never got into mad men, and i am quitting walking dead and the rest of AMC's show suck balls.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Maybe there will be a farm they stop at for an entire season and talk to eachother about meaningless shit

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So uh..
The River?

"Considering the record-breaking success The Walking Dead has had, the real surprise isn?t that AMC wants to try and repeat its successful formula with a new series; it?s that other cable networks aren?t doing exactly the same thing already. "

And uh, American Horror story, Grimm, supernatural etc.

What a stupid article. I would try to make a joke on the real surprise being this author is somehow not aware of these other shows. but its just not uprising at all a journalist being a stupid shill.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The River was the worst show I have ever watched in my entire life. I couldn't believe it was on TV.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
First Hyperion getting made into a series on Syfy, and now this. Good time to be a Simmons fan...

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-...on-1201720587/

[AMC has greenlit a new scripted anthology series, ?The Terror,? based on the bestselling novel by Dan Simmons, Variety has learned.

Written by David Kajganich (?True Story,? ?A Bigger Splash?), the series is set in 1847, when a Royal Naval expedition crew searching for the Northwest Passage is attacked by a mysterious predator that stalks the ships and their crew in a suspenseful and desperate game of survival. AMC has ordered 10 hourlong episodes for premiere in 2017.

The series hails from Scott Free, Emjag Productions and Entertainment 360 in association with AMC Studios.

Kajganich will serve as co-showrunner with Soo Hugh (?The Whispers,? ?The Killing?). Executive producers are Ridley Scott and David W. Zucker of Scott Free, Alexandra Milchan and Scott Lambert, both principals at Emjag Productions, and Guymon Casady of Entertainment 360, the content arm of Management 360.

?We?ve been focused on developing this incredible story for television with these great partners for a couple of years, and we think it provides rich dramatic material but also an opportunity to explore the anthology format, which is something we?re extremely interested in and offers some unique possibilities,? said Joel Stillerman, president of original programming and development for AMC and SundanceTV. ?Originality is still something that gets our attention every day, and the very unique mixing of historical non-fiction with a gripping and imaginative science fiction overlay in Dan?s novel is something that we hadn?t seen before. That, combined with an exceptional team behind the project made this something we really wanted to bring to air on AMC.?

?Dan?s novel is that rare combination of fascinating actual history, ground-breaking genre storytelling, and the complex character work of literature,? Kajganich said. ?The chance to launch a series that will incorporate all of these elements going forward, and with a team of this caliber, is extraordinary.?

?As a long-time fan of Dan Simmons, the opportunity to join this project is a dream come true,? Hugh said. ?We look forward to bringing this story to life for the passionate AMC audience.?

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
nJw4MqH7tcPNiFawpX3BwDsjzZj.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Terror[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2018-03-26[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]The crew of a Royal Naval expedition searching for the Arctic's treacherous Northwest Passage discovers instead a monstrous predator.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Did anybody catch this show yet? Pondering if it's worth watching - enjoyed the book.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am not sure how many seasons they can get out of this but the this show has some high production values. Apparently they fully built one of the ships so they should shoot in it and be as authentic as possible. But given this is fictionalized it could wind up going some interesting places and it seems like they are putting in a lot of effort to do it as well as possible.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database