The Tick

Goatface

4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: The Tick

Genre: Action & Adventure, Comedy, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2016-08-19

Creator: Ben Edlund

Cast: Peter Serafinowicz, Griffin Newman, Valorie Curry, Brendan Hines, Jackie Earle Haley, Yara Martinez

Overview: In a world where superheroes have been real for decades, an accountant with zero powers comes to realize his city is owned by a super villain. As he struggles to uncover this conspiracy, he falls in league with a strange blue superhero.

Goatface

Amazon today announced the lineup for its 2016 comedy pilot season, which will debut August 19

In a world where superheroes have been real for decades, an underdog accountant with zero powers comes to realize his city is owned by a global super villain long-thought dead. As he struggles to uncover this conspiracy, he falls in league with a strange blue superhero. The Tick stars Peter Serafinowicz (Guardians of the Galaxy), Griffin Newman (?Vinyl?), Jackie Earle Haley (Watchmen), Valorie Curry (?House of Lies?), Yara Martinez (?Jane the Virgin?) and Brendan Hines (?Scorpion?).

AvoRrXA

Wzll6dS

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can't imagine this compares to the Patrick Warburton version.

He reallyisThe Tick to me.

Edit: Wow, time has not been kind to my memory. For some reason I thought he voiced the cartoon, too. I guess I really mixed up the cartoon series and live action one in my head big time. I barely remember if the live action one was worth a shit.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Costume looks like shit but Serafinowicz is amazing and hilarious

Homsar

[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
w1PlZIy1dhimDv47sfU670k92LS.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Tick[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Action & Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Sci-Fi & Fantasy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2016-08-18[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]In a world where superheroes have been real for decades, an accountant with zero powers comes to realize his city is owned by a super villain. As he struggles to uncover this conspiracy, he falls in league with a strange blue superhero.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Where is my Chairface Chippendale, Batmanuel and American Maid

tick-101-01363-rt-fnl-193137.jpg

tick-101-00499-193131.JPG

tick-101-00539-193132.JPG

tick-101-02797-193138.JPG

tick-101-03146-193141.JPG

tick-101-04960-rt-fnl-193145.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I like the actor they chose to replace Warburton, but fuck I think I like the looks from the old TV show better.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's gonna be on Amazon Prime I believe. Or whatever torrent site you use.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Will watch but there is no way it can live up to the old Warburton one. I still throw that on every once in a while.

Last edited:

Cybsled

Watched the pilot. Good opener, hope it gets a full order. I imagine the other characters will show up if it goes to series.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
It was OK. Didn't care for the guy playing Tick. Costume sucked too =\ JCVJ was much better for me on the amazon pilot list.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Watched this last night and openly actually laughed more than once.

My only gripe (as already mentioned) is that I'm having trouble liking the suit. Writing was spot on, and you could tell Edlund was on line and involved with it. Casting was solid across the board for me. We were debating on if they would go the Die Fledermaus angle, or Bat Manuel.... Has yet to be seen.

Disclaimer : I have loved pretty much every iteration of the Tick, including the live action, anime and comics. So take my opinion with pre-requisite grain of salt.

Homsar

I really enjoyed the pilot and thought Peter did great as Tick, didnt realize he was going to sound so similar to the cartoon. Suit is fucking terrible

TV show information provided by The Movie Database