The Tick

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
First 2 TV incarnations of The Tick were way better. I'll still watch. But the cartoon trumps both live action imo.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I'm feeling odd about this pilot. Peter is just not 'big' enough to be the Tick in my view. I can't shake the feeling that it needs a more obviously big dumb guy in the roll. The stuff with Arthur and The Terror is interesting though, Jackie Earle Haley was unrecognizable as the Terror, but he chewed the scenery with relish.

What is interesting about this re-imagining is

It seems as if the Tick is created by Arthur. Given that he doesn't otherwise seem to exist before that very moment and given that they kept coming back to the facial tick that Arthur developed after seeing his father crushed.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Watched it, liked it alot

unlike madruk, liked The Tick more than JVCDJ, i only made it ~halfway through JVCDJ (jean-claude van damme johnson) i thought it fairly boring,i chuckled once at the beginning when he tried to do the split, but that was it.

and i was thinking the same thing qhue.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Out of the three pilots I thought The Tick was the best one. Peter is really funny and I can see him turning the character into something interesting in the long run and Jackie Earle Haley is fucking amazing and I will give anything that he does a chance. Didn't notice the Arthur thing, very interesting. JCVJ was interesting until I realized it wasn't going to be a Mike Tyson Mysteries where he was just going full bore with making fun of himself and they threw in the aggrandizing aspect of it. Interested to see where this goes since I'm a huge fan of the two previous incarnations

Cybsled

Worth a watch. Finished up the first season and was pretty funny.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not Warburton, pass.

To my wife who isn't a huge Warburton fan, she actually thought it was him from the voice the gut does emulating him. (To quote her before I corrected, "I thought Brock would be beefier IRL")

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Hah, really enjoying this.

Overkill is cracking me up.

"You don't deserve files!"

Cybsled

Apparently there are another 6 episodes, but they are going to release them later to split the season.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Apparently there are another 6 episodes, but they are going to release them later to split the season.

Oh thank god. 4 episodes in last night, was so bummed thinking about this possibly only ever being 6 episodes. 12 might be tolerable even if it doesn't get a second season. (like Betas never did)

• 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Warburton is a producer. I love the joke about the suit change.

They split the season cause they felt they needed to take us back to having to wait for episodes like weekly shows do it. They are anti Binge. Fuck that! Been waiting months for this show!

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
First few episodes were a little slow but the last 3 are great. Can't wait for second half.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
6 episodes was kind of a drag but otherwise its fantastic.

Cybsled

The last 6 episodes of the season landed today. Still solid. The Overkill/Lint interactions were pretty good and the boat going gay for Arthur lol