The Tomorrow War (2021)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What's the forum's opinion on Looper? I watched it for the first time since theaters last week, I thought it was really just dumb.
hate every bit of it.
Shitty cgi/makeup. Terrible acting. Nonsensical time travel. shitty pretentious dickbag writer/director making fun of the fact his time travel makes no fucking sense to the camera. stupid premise.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Good base idea and shitty execution. Also takes things a step to far in every direction. Pretty much like every Ryan Johndon movie ever. I am on the fence about Willis, since I grew up on a lot of his better work, but holy fuck did he do shit tier work in this movie. JGL worked his ass off to make it sort of work. Ending is very moment of zen, but its a fucking mess getting there and not worth a re-watch. I would put it maybe on par with Pixels, which is not a total condemnation but not praise for either movie.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Watched the trailer, has no actual information, yawn.

I won’t ding them for that, far too often these days, trailers give away most of the movie, and most of the best scenes. Plus, I’m sure they’ll release additional trailers closer to this releasing that will do everything I just described.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
HAHA it got 3 from ig fucking n okay my brain is going to force me to watch this trainwreck now.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
I think the cast did reasonably well. Nothing super cheesy. Of course they had to work in climate change into the fuckin plot. I'm not gonna say this was hot garbage. Just lukewarm garbage.

E: I wrote the above with like 10mins left in the movie. The ending is slightly more cheese, but it was ok. This one is worth a watch.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I really enjoyed it, broke it up into 2 sessions so its nice watching this kind of stuff at home. Its definitely not top tier scifi or anything, sort of a sprinkle of Edge of Tomorrow with some Quiet Place and random Stargate SG1 episode mixed in. At first I really couldn't believe the alleged budget of this movie ($200m) but yeah, I can see where they spent a lot of that money. I can't believe someone read this script and said "yeah, $200m seems like a good idea".

Don't get me wrong, its NOT a good story and Pratt is no Tom Cruise or honestly even The Rock but he's fine. The rest of the cast is great though. I really did appreciate that every time you think "ok, movie is slowing down now, time to wrap this up" they just said "nah, lets do something even stupider and weirder! WOO LETS GOOOOO" and it just became charmingly funny.

Would recommend to anyone who loves alien invasion/post-apocalyptic kind of movies, you know who you are and if you enjoyed Falling Skies, Skyline, Battle LA, Extinction, or the million Netflix/Syfy alien movies this is right in that wheelhouse. A very special effects laden, big budget oddity.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This was like Edge of Tomorrow meets Starship Troopers. It wasn't the best movie ever, and the "big twists" you see coming, but it was fun and I liked the actors. Also think this chick should replace Bree Larson in the MCU.

Worth seeing - solid 6.5/7

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

time travel
in the 1st half of the movie, did they ever address that for current day people, their future had already changed?

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
time travel
in the 1st half of the movie, did they ever address that for current day people, their future had already changed?

Not exactly, no. They pretty much ignored it to let the movie be. I think the underlining belief that future daughter was operating on and the message she was trying to convey was outside of bioweapons there is zero chance of stopping the aliens so unless the toxin was developed in the future no amount of warning or preparation in the past would change the outcome of the war (especially considering they were never able to specifically isolate and locate the aliens origin point), hence the draft to literally throw human bodies at the aliens in an attempt to slow down their advance long enough for the research team to finish their thing.

Chris Pratt then goes and blows all that up in the final 10 minutes of the movie by using a random high school kid to locate the aliens in Russia, find them on foot, and blowing up the spaceship in the present with regular explosives. Nukes apparently didn’t exist in this universe either.

Ending would have been better if upon returning to the present, Chris Pratt leaves his wife/daughter to join his dad in an attempt to science more toxins from the sample and create weapons and a means of delivering said toxin, knowing full well that by leaving he’s recreating the future his future daughter grew up in. Girl grows up without a father, resents him, Chris Pratt either dies in the car crash or him and/or his father returns years later with the weapons to stop them just as the aliens emerge from Russia. Roll credits.

Agree with it being 6/10. Solid scifi action flick for late night viewing.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
When I saw Chris promoting it I said man that looks like trash, this guy really got cancelled-- he's gotta do these movies now.

But I was pleasantly surprised.

• 1Solidarity