The Tomorrow War (2021)

Raes

Vyemm Raider
i am PROBABLY wrong, since Betty Gilpin said she finished shooting this back in 2019...

but when the dude sawed the alien my VERY first thought was that it was a dig at army of the dead for hyping the saw but never using it.

Could've been shot and added in since then. Only him and and Simmons in that scene.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Could've been shot and added in since then. Only him and and Simmons in that scene.
that's true, but he's also got alien guts all over him in every scene he's in after... which i guess could be added with cgi without too much issue. i just think it's a lot of time and effort just to make fun of zac snyder... though it's entirely worth it so /shrug

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

The R group were all scientists being sent to do research in the future because it's easier to do research when you are in the middle of a warzone, especially when you are only there for 7 days.

Ya, that part made little sense. The only plausible explanation could have been that you needed a live sample to do effective research and bringing an alien back to the past wasn't an option. But even then you could skirt around that by holding onto samples shortly before you have to be sent back and then people in the past could do the research on the fresh sample shit.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, and there was a full research team (the ones Pratt's group was initially sent to rescue) in Miami, instead of the safer ocean base for reasons. But, at least the Love Boat was there, so it could randomly run into the Time Tower after being overrun.
Ill add this to the Holes that this movie has. That ship blew the shit out of the area where the Time Tower was. How the hell was the needed power for that facility still active after that collision and explosion. Whole area was wrecked and on fire...but the tower still glowed all pretty like.

I also had a problem with how far those people fell on that first jump.......and survived. Bullshit. Everyone would have been dead or wishing they were.

The effects were very well done. That part I enjoyed. The story was ok in concept but just not thought out for some reason. I feel like they could have done this same story but at least not have had so many suspensions of belief moments.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The have been fighting this war for a year and yet the modern day just seems to draft enough people for each week's siesta. How about, I dont know, draft the entire fucking planet at once and actually have time to start training the fuckers? Six months from now, you are sending in people with six months of training. And dont get me started on people scavenging clips (great writing) only to have weapons with ever-full clips. Motherfuckers be rolling full auto for like 2-3 minutes non-stop at a time. The more I think about this movie, the shittier it gets. At least Army of the Dead had a bad-ass undead tiger.

• 1Like

j00t

Ill add this to the Holes that this movie has. That ship blew the shit out of the area where the Time Tower was. How the hell was the needed power for that facility still active after that collision and explosion. Whole area was wrecked and on fire...but the tower still glowed all pretty like.

I also had a problem with how far those people fell on that first jump.......and survived. Bullshit. Everyone would have been dead or wishing they were.

The effects were very well done. That part I enjoyed. The story was ok in concept but just not thought out for some reason. I feel like they could have done this same story but at least not have had so many suspensions of belief moments.
there's obviously a ton of holes, so explaining any seems sort of trite...

but with the first fall, i think basically what they were saying is that the only people who survived where the ones around pratt, who landed in the pool. now, a 10 foot deep pool is NOT going to give any kind of cushion when you're falling from that height... but the way they teleportaled through time, it MIGHT be that they aren't actually falling, or that it's rare for them to sustain injuries... they said before the time jump that they should expect a 5-10 foot fall. generally falling 3x your height is when people on average start sustaining fatal damage and falling 10 feet would be almost 2x the height of a huge chunk of people that are being sent. they SHOULD be getting ALL KINDS of even minor injuries right on entry but it's basically assumed that everyone is always fine.

but OBVIOUSLY it's because the writers didn't think about that and just wanted a cool entry scene...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Got around to seeing this. There's some entertaining things happening in the movie but it's hard to get past how fucking dumb some basic elements are.

• 2Like

Oldbased

> Than U
this isnt good i take it?
It was fine for being free and worse ways to spend 2.5 hours. It just had some issues but I and I think many here don't regret the time spent watching it. It is just that certain things could have been better with less effort than they used to make it wrong to begin with.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It was decent, but far from great. The biggest LOL for me was at the end when pratt said that meeting his daughter in the future really changed him. Motherfucker, you had NO character arc. The only one that came close to a character arc was his dad. You were exactly the same when you came back as you were when you left. Plus some trauma from watching your girl die. Which was retarded because if you do your job this future never happens and she doesn't die.

My wife's comment was, with only 500k people left on the earth, how the fuck was it the 500k stupidest people? No one with common sense seemed to have survived. I bet without this war in the new future, muri has an onlyfans account.

Anyway, a very interesting concept.

• 2Like

j00t

It was decent, but far from great. The biggest LOL for me was at the end when pratt said that meeting his daughter in the future really changed him. Motherfucker, you had NO character arc. The only one that came close to a character arc was his dad. You were exactly the same when you came back as you were when you left. Plus some trauma from watching your girl die. Which was retarded because if you do your job this future never happens and she doesn't die.

My wife's comment was, with only 500k people left on the earth, how the fuck was it the 500k stupidest people? No one with common sense seemed to have survived. I bet without this war in the new future, muri has an onlyfans account.

Anyway, a very interesting concept.
lol... the idea that they aren't the smartest people in the world, only the smartest people left should REALLY be a movie. idiocracy 2

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
Watched it with the kids. It’s a average sci-fi shoot the aliens movie. Ya plot holes you could drive a truck through. I didn’t go in expecting much so I wasn’t disappointed. It’s something I will never watch again.

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Everything through the end of the future sequence was fine. Lots of plot holes and stupidity but tolerable for the action and father/daughter scenes. Everything after the future sequence was a bridge too far in the stupid department.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The entire might of Earth's military forces, scientific community, etc. over the course of years couldn't deal with these things but 6 guys on snowmobiles take them all out using some C4. Was that the ending? At that point I was fast forwarding a bit so if something cool happened in there maybe I missed it.

Also to whoever said this was like Starship Troopers:

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Pogi.G

Mediocre film. Have watched three times already just to try and help improve ratings simply because most of the critics problem stemmed from, "typical straight male savior". Are we to the point now where every lead in every movie, show, play, etc. has to some gay/trans minority character or it's trash?

• 1Cringe
  • 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Best time travel movie is still Kung Fury.

I was about to say that the best time travel movie hasn't been made yet. But then I realized that maybe it was and was sent back to be released in 2015.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya, that part made little sense. The only plausible explanation could have been that you needed a live sample to do effective research and bringing an alien back to the past wasn't an option. But even then you could skirt around that by holding onto samples shortly before you have to be sent back and then people in the past could do the research on the fresh sample shit.
None of this made sense. Why when they lost the bridge everybody just fell apart and went fuck it. Why feed people into the meat grinder in the first place. You now know what the future is bringing use that time to prepare not just send people to their death. Evac the future people use the decades of knowledge climb that tech tree and do better. While you are doing this use time in the present to build more time tunnels into the past. As for the handwave of paradox they threw that shit out the window the second people from the future appeared and clearly it is not THE future it is A future so there can't be paradoxes.

They go through all this effort for a toxin thats harder to actually use than just shooting the fucking things with your guns a lot. Really the solution is okay we know where the first attack happened everybody turn that place into the fuckin castle greyskul multiple lines of defense bunker that shit mine fields for days you have everything you need to do better but their best solution was hand bob from accounting and slap his ass and tell him to fight aliens for the next 7 days with no training.