The Trayvon Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...r-scrub-748092

JUNE 26--In a late-night scrubbing spree, dozens of embarrassing and incriminating posts were deleted Tuesday evening from the Twitter account of a Florida woman who has been described as a star government witness in the George Zimmerman murder case, The Smoking Gun has learned.

The sanitizing of Rachel Jeantel's Twitter account came as the 19-year-old Miami resident prepared to take the stand and testify about a phone call she had with Trayvon Martin immediately before the unarmed 17-year-old was shot to death by Zimmerman in February 2012.

In relating that conversation, Jeantel has told investigators that a "scared" Martin said he was being followed by an unknown white man who demanded to know what the teen was doing inside the Retreat at Twin Lakes, a gated community in Sanford, Florida. Jeantel contends that she heard Martin ask the man, "Why you following me for?" before she heard someone "bump" the teenager. "Next thing I hear.the phone is shut off," Jeantel told investigators in an April 2012 interview.

Jeantel's testimony may allow prosecutors to further portray Zimmerman, a 29-year-old neighborhood watch commander, as Martin's pursuer, an armed aggressor who profiled the black teen before murdering him with a single gunshot to the chest.

As TSG reported yesterday, Jeantel, pictured above, maintains a Twitter account (@MsRachel_94) to which she has made more than 200 posts over the past five months. Many of the teenager's tweets referred to drinking, smoking, and getting high. She also made references to Martin's death, referred to acquaintances as "bitch" and "Wakandan," and wrote about having "jackass lawyers on my ass."

Yesterday afternoon, after TSG sought to contact several of Jeantel's Twitter followers and Facebook friends, 14 tweets--and 13 linked Twitpic photos--were deleted from her Twitter account (which carries the personal motto "My Character And Action Describe Who I Am"). The removed tweets included references to drinking and a link to a sexually suggestive set of photos. Another killed tweet, from June 23, read "Court nails" and linked to a photo of fingernails (presumably Jeantel's) with fresh orange polish. Additionally, several Twitpic images of assorted liquor bottles were deleted.

The scrubbing of Jeantel's Twitter account, however, did not end there.

After 10 PM (Eastern) last night, 43 other tweets were deleted. The postings disappeared about two hours after TSG published a story about Jeantel's social media musings. A TSG comparison of Jeantel's sanitized Twitter account with the version from early Tuesday afternoon showed that the number of published tweets plummeted from 202 to 146.

A compilation of the 43 deleted Jeantel tweets can be found on pages beginning here. The 14 tweets deleted yesterday afternoon can be found here.

The material deleted last evening included nearly all remaining references to the underage Jeantel's partying, including tweets like "When u drinking & smoking u need good music in ur ears hahaha I feel so good on Sunday" and "I need a drink to sleep dis off fuck dis shit boi."

A quartet of consecutive February 24 tweets was also killed. "Party time let get high," read the first tweet, which included beer glass emoticons. The messages "Omg everybody high" and "Lol we going to hell for smoke on Sunday I need some more drink" then followed. Jeantel's final tweet that day was "I hope I dnt hit no one tonight lord plz watch my driving." Her first February 25 tweet, also deleted, read, "Just got home thank u lord good night."

Several tweets from February 26--the one-year anniversary of Martin's death--were also deleted, including one that read, "Omg people calling n praying n shit lol I need a drink smoke and a pray my head killing me right now cannot wait when this day end." A February 26 message reading "#rip Tray" remains on Jeantel's Twitter page.

On March 5, it was disclosed that Jeantel was not truthful to investigators last year when she claimed that the reason she did not attend Martin's funeral was due to a hospitalization. In apparent response to news reports about that lie, Jeantel tweeted, "Jus got home n hear wat was going and I'm angry." In a follow-up post, she wrote, "remember who cause the funeral to happen keep it 100% Mr.ass hoe damn they p*ssed me off." Those two tweets were erased last night.

A pair of Jeantel's deleted April tweets appear to refer to Robert Zimmerman, Jr., George's older brother and the outspoken Zimmerman family spokesman who recently had to apologize for a pair of his own controversial Twitter posts. In one tweet, Zimmerman juxtaposed a photo of Martin with an image of a Georgia teen recently charged with murdering a 13-month-old boy. The picture of Martin shows him holding up two middle fingers, while the photo of the other teen appears to show him flashing gang signs. "A picture speaks a thousand words. Any questions?" tweeted Zimmerman, who is seen above on CNN's "Piers Morgan Live.".

In an April 4 tweet, Jeantel recounted a tweet she had received from "J" asking her "did you see the bro talking shit bout u." Her tweet concluded, "oh really I have jackass lawyers on my ass kno "JR" want to up in ok."

The following day Jeantel tweeted, "JUST FOR 'JR'," and included a link to a Twitpic showing someone giving the camera the finger. The image was deleted last night.

A third post seeming to refer to Robert Zimmerman, Jr. appeared on Jeantel's Twitter page on May 28. That day, Robert appeared at the Sanford courthouse for a hearing in his brother's case and later conducted a press conference during which he declared his brother's innocence and called for the withdrawal of second-degree murder charges against his sibling.

"Omg can somebody Robert jr shut the fuck up with his life story," Jeantel wrote in her May 28 tweet. While that message was not among the 43 tweets removed last night from Jeantel's Twitter account, it was deleted early this morning. A follow-up tweet, scrubbed last night, reported, "This shit right here goin make me smoke I need a drink a Lott." (5 pages)

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Man, I wonder what her thoughts on defending the constitution are.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
zimmermanshirt.jpg

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
pretty much the same, except the yo mama part.
I guess on topic,

When I lived in Tucson had a graveyard shift employee, methed up gun lover, had a CCL and always had his weapon on him, though he never ever pulled it out at work, ever. Might show it to someone after work outside, but inside, I never saw it. That weapon did keep us from getting robbed once. Never fired, just held it till the cops got there. Not sure what would have happened if he tried to run, probably nothing, or maybe a leg wound. Gun lovers seem to me, anyway, pretty conscious about what a gun is for and the implications of its use. Also of note, we let him carry his weapon, but never suggested he use it to stop a robbery (told him the exact opposite).

The only other time we got robbed, while we couldn't prove it, we were pretty sure it was an inside job (i.e. friend of cashier came in and cleaned up).

I don't and never have owned a firearm, but fully support gun owners. One day if I have kids, I might want the option, but we'll see then.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Think a zoo in Florida is missing a retarded wildebeest.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
That Columbian witness looks as if she likes to get freaky. But don't all Columbians?

Siliconemelons

My wife had the same reaction!

Well, if xadion is fairly certain, that settles it. Anyone who doesn't realize that "watchmen" is plural must know how an altercation between two people he never met started.
did I say my thoughts and opinion are the total truth and that's that? No... Only God and Zimmerman know what happend exactly, I can only 'call it as I see it' ... And omg watchman v. Watchmen seriously that's the grammar natzi tactic you want to use? Seriously I am way worse at spelling and shit that, that lame sauce is what you use to ethug at me heh.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
did I say my thoughts and opinion are the total truth and that's that? No... Only God and Zimmerman know what happend exactly, I can only 'call it as I see it' ... And omg watchman v. Watchmen seriously that's the grammar natzi tactic you want to use? Seriously I am way worse at spelling and shit that, that lame sauce is what you use to ethug at me heh.
let me help soothe your jimmies, bro. don't let mangina rustle your jimmies.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Poopfeast420 - That's awesome that apparently that network doesn't watch their twitter feed.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
No, you said you were "fairly confident" based on nothing. I'm just pointing that out.
Normally I don't "grammar nazi" at people, but your mistakes are systematic, meaning they're not just one-offs.
Hate to break it to you, but if you can't express yourself properly people will assume you're an idiot and not take what you have to say seriously.
Case in point: The Martin case star witness.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
But I've been watching the trial and I can say that West is either a terrible lawyer or doing the best he can with a terrible case. He's trying to discredit the witness (which, to be fair, is his job), but is not using rational arguments to do so. He spent damn near an hour (possibly more) harassing her about whether she said "could have heard" or "could hear" in a recorded statement, which sounds like it could be important until it's pointed out that later in that same recording the point is made crystal clear. Clearly, the witness is not well educated. Clearly, she is not well-spoken. Clearly, she occasionally misunderstands the questions. But West hasn't shown that she is not credible as a witness, he's just being a bully and nitpicking at shit that genuinely doesn't matter. Watching him grill her about what she meant when she said she heard "wet grass" was cringe-inducing. "Describe the sound"... are you fucking serious? A NASA scientist would have trouble describing a sound, never mind an under-educated 19 year old who's been listening to the same shit for hours and hours 2 days straight. The trial is a joke.

You know what he could do? He could reference scientific studies that show memories aren't nearly as reliable as we believe them to be, especially long after the events being referenced. Even eyewitness testimony is remarkably unreliable. He could look at recorded statements and see if any questions were asked that could be considered "leading questions", which are known to influence how people perceive their own memories. Hell, he could even claim that none of what the witness claims to have heard over the phone proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that Martin was attacked and that there is therefore not enough evidence to find Zimmerman guilty. Instead he's pushing and pushing an exhausted and annoyed woman looking for any little thing he can use to make her look unreliable, regardless of whether it's relevant or not. Forgive me for not putting much faith in this system's ability to actually uncover the truth.
See, these are fair points. I'd note though that the adversarial system kind of has a built in counter-balance to this, which is that the prosecutor should be attempting to make the Juror's see what you see. That's why both sides are presented. If the defense tries to trip her up by essentially using her lack of education to make her look completely unreliable--then the prosecutor should have either realized she was a weak witness and not called her, or he should be there to counter this line of questioning.

There's not much "good" about our court system right now...BUT when a trial actually has this publicity and has resources behind it? The adversarial system tends to work these things out. Our courts typically fail because they bypass this system in the need for expediency.

Is the defense attorney a shit bag? Sure. A lot of lawyers are. But that's because the system is set up to bring all the mud out and have 12 angry men see who is clean afterwords. The thing is though, I don't find the line of reasoning that Zimmerman, even if he was an asshole (And I agree, he was), was "at fault" for an ass kicking. Nothing Zimmerman did should condone assault--it's really that simple. Was Zimmerman a douche-Rambo? Sure. Can you go around kicking douche-Rambo's ass? Nope. If Zimmerman started the altercation, physically, do I hope he goes to jail? Absolutely. But in order to see if he deserves that, the trial needs to be ugly, I need to see both the character and substance of the people leveling charges.

Siliconemelons

No, you said you were "fairly confident" based on nothing. I'm just pointing that out.
Normally I don't "grammar nazi" at people, but your mistakes are systematic, meaning they're not just one-offs.
Hate to break it to you, but if you can't express yourself properly people will assume you're an idiot and not take what you have to say seriously.
Case in point: The Martin case star witness.
Me, myself and I - am personally confidant that Zimmerman did not initiate the attack- based on again me, myself and I and my life experiences with the "type" of person Martin is, from all the information I have been exposed to- both what 'the media' has given out and what they haven't wanted to be divulged such as his cell phone thug pics etc. Does this have anything to do with anything, no its just me. Does that 2% of information on who both those people are give me full and unwavering authority to judge? No, never said it did.

What it does come down to is does the jury have beyond a reasonable doubt feel that Zimmerman initiated the attack or not- and imo they have done a crappy job trying to prove that so far.

I am going to watch the flying lawnmower now that someone mentioned it- I love that thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.