The Trayvon Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Either that, or Zimmerman started questioning Martin. "What're you doin in this neighborhood, boah?"

Anyone who thinks that Zimmerman was "just following" Martin is an inbred hillbilly idiot.
Whats wrong with the neighborhood watch guy asking someone who does not live in said gated community, what they are doing there?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He can play junior detective all day long if he wants and isnt breaking any laws. I dunno if zimmerman is a racist, even if he was, its not illegal.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What makes you convinced that Zimmerman was doing more than just following Trayvon? Because he was a "creepy ass cracker"?
It's just kinda how it feels to me. I don't have any great insight. I can just see this kid turning around after being stopped and blowing off Zimmerman and Zimmerman grabbing his arm ("get off me") and all hell breaking loose.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't get it. Was the kid walking down the street/sidewalk and this guy confronted him or was he walking in backyards/behind houses etc?

I'll be honest if I saw some guy who I have never seen before walking through my neighbors property or some such I would probably ask him what he wanted or if he was looking for someone/needed help..

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Whats wrong with the neighborhood watch guy asking someone who does not live in said gated community, what they are doing there?
Uhhh, everything? Neighborhood watch people are there to watch for suspicious shit and call the cops. That's it. They're not cops and have no authority to question anyone.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Uhhh, everything? Neighborhood watch people are there to watch for suspicious shit and call the cops. That's it. They're not cops and have no authority to question anyone.
I didn't realize it was illegal to ask a stranger what you are doing here nor do you need any authority to do so.

khalid

Unelected Mod
They're not cops and have no authority to question anyone.
They have no authority that makes someone have to ANSWER. However, they sure as fuck can ask questions.

However, to you, being a "wannabe cop" means that someone deserves to get attacked for asking questions.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Yeah, and if you ask me a question, unless you're a cop I'm well within my rights to say "fuck off and stop talking to me you weird asshole".

I would be very unsurprised if Zimmerman was known to the local black community as a profiling asshole, and I would be further unsurprised to find out that he'd followed Martin around before, since his father lived close by.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, and if you ask me a question, unless you're a cop I'm well within my rights to say "fuck off and stop talking to me you weird asshole".
And then when you turn around and blow me off I grab you by the arm and after getting my head bashed into the ground for a bit I draw my lightsaber and tell everyone you were the one who started the fight.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
And then when you turn around and blow me off I grab you by the arm and after getting my head bashed into the ground for a bit I draw my lightsaber and tell everyone you were the one who started the fight.
Probably. If I were to venture a guess, I would say that Zimmerman probably thought that the cops weren't doing enough to solve the American Inventor problem in his neighborhood and decided to take action himself out of frustration.

That is, however, just as much guesswork on my part as the various KKK members in this thread trying to make it out that Zimmerman was some innocent victim who had no history of racism and general paranoia.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Just like cinge said, if i saw random dude roaming through my neighbors yards id probably ask what the fuck was up, or shoot him(if he was black)
and like others stated, theres nothing wrong with him questioning the kid, specially if he was going through yards and not just walking on the sidewalk, if asking a young black man "what are you doing here" is enough to set him off and attack, we need swift action to get slavery back in action.

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Except for the gunshot wound, were there any other wounds on Martin that Zimmerman gave him?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What I really, really have a problem with is how the media handled this at the start. The edited 9/11 tapes and the photos that were circulated of each all set this up as a big racial event and now it is pretty reasonable to guess that if Zimmerman isn't found guilty of these completely ridiculous charges some shit is going to burn to the motherfucking ground.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Well, while the media hasn't been particularly responsible, let's not overstate that. The racial angle is still a valid one even if the press has been fanning those flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.