The Twilight Zone

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ShakyJake

<Donor>
...but was the episode good? I mean, I don't have to agree with what someone is saying to enjoy the overall show.

Please tell me it is still good.
It was okay. The episode was way too long, however. Ending was predictable but should've occurred sooner.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

flashr66

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thought it was bad. not a good way to kick off this show. Most of the family left the room or fell asleep.

• 1Like

gak

<Gold Donor>
Let's re-do a series but make it crappier, and start it off with a comedy episode with zero actual comedy.

tw.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the only thing I REALLY liked was an easter egg I saw in one of the back stage rooms.

They would have had a good "time shifts" mechanic going on but they messed up that in the last half of the show.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Also, I didn't even know the black chick was a comedian until the end. Thought she was a singer or some other act.

And, yeah, none of the jokes were even remotely funny. Writers didn't even try.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that was another thing. People were laughing magically at absolutely nothing. I think that may have been the point of that - but they could have at least tried to make the jokes themselves funny. And in the end:

He should have talked about the comedian that got him all started in this mess and he would have ceased to exist, and everything for him would have gone back to normal. His wife would be a lawyer, he would still have his dog and his nephew. And they could have done a lot more with some time detours of what happens to other lives. They also should have brought into play the back of the room painting. That's where everyone went - should have had him see his Dog and Nephew there earlier on in the show, and all the others he sent away into the "Comedy Cornfield". Because when you really look at it, it's almost a rip off of "It's a good life" with a small initiation twist to the same story really.

Either way, Black Mirror writing and creativity completely blew this first episode away and I highly doubt CBS will have any talent to overcome anything Black Mirror puts out.

Rod Serling rolling over in his grave right now.

• 1Solidarity

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Think the show is just trying to do a documentary on current day real life in an SJW world, which might as well be the Twilight Zone.

• 2Worf

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I thought it was okay - I don't think the jokes needed to be funny - that wasn't the point. In fact from the very first successful routine you (the viewer) start to understand that it's not the inherent funniness of the routine that the audience laughs at - it's the material being consumed.

Predictable ending and definitely a story about handling power responsibly. He erased so many lives not directly tied to his own that his only final recourse was to eliminate his own thread to undo all the damage he had done.

Kiki

Log Wizard
That was the spell. As soon as he says a name the audience laughs manically, even his girlfriend laughs about her mentor.

The point is he is a shitty comedian that sells his soul to the devil basically to become famous, knows this, and does it anyway. He gives up all his ideals and values just to achieve his dream. That's just a reflection on human nature.

I enjoyed it except for the 2nd amendment crap. What a douche.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I enjoyed it except for the 2nd amendment crap. What a douche.
I have a feeling it was that particular retarded actor wanting to slip that in. As well as the crack about the president.

I don't like him in Silicon Valley and I didn't like him in this.

• 1Like

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
2nd Ep was decent as well - my only problem with these is their twists are all telegraphed. I remember 20,000 feet with Shatner and liking the episode even if I thought it was a bit weird - so are they "redoing" famous eps or do they have their own stories to tell? So far nothing amazing - but they are well done.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I didn’t hate it. There’s something missing or a little off. Conceptually it was nice but lacked in execution and writing. The sort of eerie subtlety wasn’t quite there. A few lines were good but felt the last lines missed the point about him becoming “a nobody” vs just “nobody.” Or something. I don’t know, didn’t hate it but could have been much tighter (just like your mom).

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
It wasnt perfect, but it was good. As a long time TZ fan, I wanted to watch the second episode as soon as the first ended.

I don't recall the original TZ being about super surprising twists, more about the experience of watching it play out.

and I didnt mind the bad comedy about 2A because everyone in the show also found it dumb and unfunny, that was the point.

I'd be content with a few seasons of episodes like these.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike

Ome

Molten Core Raider
This show won't get more seasons with episodes like these.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Aldarion will have broken glasses in an empty world with nothing but these new twilight zone episodes to keep him company.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the 80s had the best rebooted TZ type shows. you had Amazing Stories, Tales From The Dark Side, Friday The 13th and the reboot TZ show. i didnt like tales from the crypt that much. they did the original EC comics a huge disservice.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
Yeah, compared to Black Mirror or Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams, this is meh. Love Death and Robots might be more appealing as well..