The Umbrella Academy

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Its hardly addressed... but is that a bad thing? Would anyone really want a whole episode dedicated to it? They did the best thing they could... oh yeah... its Victor now, k! and move on with it. Rest of the season is par for the course, just 10 more episodes of Umbrella Academy.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Its hardly addressed... but is that a bad thing? Would anyone really want a whole episode dedicated to it? They did the best thing they could... oh yeah... its Victor now, k! and move on with it. Rest of the season is par for the course, just 10 more episodes of Umbrella Academy.
The best thing they could’ve done is killed off the character or find a new actress to play the role.

Putting that aside glossing over the whole thing as a “Ok whatever” works for me as well.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I thought it was done with least amount of bullshit. We spent entire episodes on Klause's homosness and Allison's joggerness so it was good that this tranny shit was mostly glossed over instead of given actual screen time. Having said that, there were a few scenes sprinkled around that were clearly there to validated the troonesness, however, they were short and far apart and the most egregious of them could be easily attributed to the personality of the other character in the scene so all in all, it wasnt terrible.

The whole thing was kind of jarring though. Every time the tranny was on screen I was reminded that the character was changed entirely due to real life shit and not because of the story. But at least I didnt have to stare at that giant forehead so in the end it was all acceptable.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The best thing they could’ve done is killed off the character or find a new actress to play the role.

Putting that aside glossing over the whole thing as a “Ok whatever” works for me as well.
Was going to say, they may as well have just recast it.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The tranny thing was ridiculous. I thought they were gonna do some multiverse thing with it. They literally had her come out as trans on screen instead and we have to sit through her whining about it and all her siblings being "supportive"

I cant think of a worse way they could have handled it. recast her, just switch her to "male" without discussing it, kill off her character, write her out without any mention.

ANY of these would have been more acceptable than an actual on screen "I'm trans now" bullshit. The rest of the season better make up for it.

• 1Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The tranny thing was ridiculous. I thought they were gonna do some multiverse thing with it. They literally had her come out as trans on screen instead and we have to sit through her whining about it and all her siblings being "supportive"

I cant think of a worse way they could have handled it. recast her, just switch her to "male" without discussing it, kill off her character, write her out without any mention.

ANY of these would have been more acceptable than an actual on screen "I'm trans now" bullshit. The rest of the season better make up for it.
Why would you want a prolonged discussion over it? She got a haircut and now she is a man is the quickest and least retarded explanation for becoming a tranny.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I thought it was good, although
I don’t get Hargrave’s ultimate angle outside of wanting shit to be a certain way. Allison was basically a villain this season and was essentially Hargrave Jr. I feel bad for Luther as well

Five as always carried the shit out of it and I did like the development they did with Klaus

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Why would you want a prolonged discussion over it? She got a haircut and now she is a man is the quickest and least retarded explanation for becoming a tranny.
No I dont want a prolonged explanation. I wanted anything other than literally "I'm trans now". they chose to go with "I'm trans now".

It would have been much better to simply ignore it. She shows up, shes a dude now, no one mentions it ever, the show goes on. They could have done something creative and multiversey. Instead they chose the worst possible approach.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I thought it was good, although
I don’t get Hargrave’s ultimate angle outside of wanting shit to be a certain way. Allison was basically a villain this season and was essentially Hargrave Jr. I feel bad for Luther as well

Five as always carried the shit out of it and I did like the development they did with Klaus
Hargrave wanted his wife back.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They should of just started calling her Van and left it at that.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I just had a thought re: season and the end

Grace was worshipping the Kugelblitz as a god and we later find out the universe is potentially the result of an advanced computer / machine.

I wonder if they will explore that in season 4. It seems like too strong a connection to ignore

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I do enjoy how each of the kids could be supremely powerful if they only applied themselves in the right way. Well everyone except Luther...

Cybsled

His true super power was getting a hot nerd to marry him after only knowing each other a few days

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
Interesting ending - could be interpreted as a series finale or a cliffhanger. I don't know what anyone has said about the future of the show, if it even has one, so I like the ending being kinda open.

The fact that everything in the 'reset' world appears to belong to Hargreaves Inc. makes me wonder if this is actually a reset original universe or a completely new universe built to the father's specifications. Like the fact that Allison's reunion with her family somehow includes people from two different timelines about 60 years apart. Or the fact that the Ben in the reset world is obviously the new Ben, but new Sloane apparently wasn't included (sadly, since she's smokin'). There is a lot of shit the producers could do from this point, even with (especially with?) the kid's loss of powers. Or they could just all walk away and I'd be OK.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This almost felt like a series ending if it didn't get renewed. I enjoyed it but I feel like it would be more funn having people breakdown stuff week to week. You see the White buffalo is such an easy connection and no fun when you go straight into the next episode without crazy conspiracies

Cybsled

I feel like Netflix is hurting themselves by mass releasing these major tentpole series - shows like Stranger Things or Witcher or Umbrella Academy will get a flurry of attention for like a week or two, then they fall off the awareness radar of the population at large.