The Uprising (2026)

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
20,308
45,148
Also true haha. Trainspotting was the first time I saw him though.
Yeah I want to say that's probably one of his first movies. I think I saw him in Hackers first though. I don't think I ever got around watching trainspotting until I was in college. But I did see Dracula 2000 in the movie theater!
 

Homsar

Golden Baronet of the Realm
10,874
10,049
Pretty sure all you guys have seen hackers which was before trainspotting. I really didn't spot him watching it knowing the cast and it down take a minute since he's typically clean shaved
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
20,308
45,148
Pretty sure all you guys have seen hackers which was before trainspotting. I really didn't spot him watching it knowing the cast and it down take a minute since he's typically clean shaved
I recognized him once he was in a couple of scenes and I was like I know that guy and then I remembered. It's kind of pretty good cast though. You got stannis baratheon, the guy from Shogun, and John Ball is in a ton of different movies but I guess off the top of my head snow piercer. Just all working actors.
 

Homsar

Golden Baronet of the Realm
10,874
10,049
Ftfy...

Edit: sorry I missed the joke. Good show...
I don't really like they are making a sequel but the show runners seem faithful. I have some hope but very little. I still haven't watched the original from the 80s
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
20,308
45,148
I don't really like they are making a sequel but the show runners seem faithful. I have some hope but very little. I still haven't watched the original from the 80s
I remember seeing the original one with Alan Quartermaine, can't remember that guy's name I think it's a Richard something, as a young lad. It was great and I actually sat down maybe last year and watched the new one, I thought it was pretty fantastic.

I agree though I don't know if I necessarily need a second season or whatever, we're in the age of stupid streaming and got milk everything for what you can.
 

Sheriff Cad

scientia potentia est
<Nazi Janitors>
35,506
85,928
Watched this last night on you guy's recommendation. Was better than the imdb rating indicated, it was watchable.

The transition to Robin Hood was jarring and not set up at all. It's like the battles just end and suddenly he has 50 expert archers in the woods that drop the kings men like flies in 5 seconds when he wants to act badass. It wasn't Robin Hood at all, it was the peasants revolt and then suddenly he became Robin Hood in the last like 2 minutes. Weird, but if they had just left that part out and had a more cinematic ending for the battles and the result, think it would have been better.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,249
10,935
Watched this last night on you guy's recommendation. Was better than the imdb rating indicated, it was watchable.

The transition to Robin Hood was jarring and not set up at all. It's like the battles just end and suddenly he has 50 expert archers in the woods that drop the kings men like flies in 5 seconds when he wants to act badass. It wasn't Robin Hood at all, it was the peasants revolt and then suddenly he became Robin Hood in the last like 2 minutes. Weird, but if they had just left that part out and had a more cinematic ending for the battles and the result, think it would have been better.
Garfield was on Graham Norton last night (UK talk show worth watching if you can get a UK copy where it's unfiltered and usually funny as all be damn) and he was describing a movie that was not what we watched. I was confused. He didn't mention Robin Hood at all. Perhaps there are a lot of edits and copies out?
 

Animosity

Silver Baronet of the Realm
8,321
7,317
Agree the Robin Hood spin at the end made it feel like a completely different movie. Was a good flick though. Worth a watch.
 

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
20,308
45,148
Garfield was on Graham Norton last night (UK talk show worth watching if you can get a UK copy where it's unfiltered and usually funny as all be damn) and he was describing a movie that was not what we watched. I was confused. He didn't mention Robin Hood at all. Perhaps there are a lot of edits and copies out?
You got a link to the interview?
 

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
20,308
45,148
Agree the Robin Hood spin at the end made it feel like a completely different movie. Was a good flick though. Worth a watch.
I honestly didn't mind it and thought it was kind of cool. I think the movie also did say like 2 years later or something had transpired, so they probably went out into the woods and practiced their archery. It was honestly an unexpected twist, at least for me.