The Vehicle Purchasing Thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea there should be plenty of options for him that will offer loans with much, much better rates than 10% with a credit score of 736

joz123

Potato del Grande
Got my APR dropped to 6% than the douche finance guy decided to "give me" extra miles for my warranty and not tell me it cost 1,700 more lol, just gonna cancel all extra warranties and shit.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Got my APR dropped to 6% than the douche finance guy decided to "give me" extra miles for my warranty and not tell me it cost 1,700 more lol, just gonna cancel all extra warranties and shit.

Shit place

I hate finance mangers, I'm almost always belligerent from the word go so it ends quick and they don't try and convince me to walk away from a negotiated deal. Can't fucking stand their shell games.

Khane

You can probably still beat 6% by quite a bit. I'd call around. Even getting it down to 4% will save you hundreds of dollars over 6 years. You can probably even knock it down to a 5 year loan (which will also save you money in the long run) for close to the same monthly payment by dropping just a couple percentage.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Shit place

I hate finance mangers, I'm almost always belligerent from the word go so it ends quick and they don't try and convince me to walk away from a negotiated deal. Can't fucking stand their shell games.

Honestly was blown away getting my bike. Finance guy sat down and i braced myself for a fight declining add on coverage. Only said it once and he was like ok. Actually took me by surprise. I would have done it almost as a reward but i think the cheapest one still basically doubled payment.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I wanted to strangle the finance manager at my dealership. He offered the warranty at least 10 times then left so we could "discuss it"

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I got a 4.5%, 5 year finance rate on my new Audi with a 800 or so credit score and I thought that was a bit high.

138,000 is still a lot of miles no matter which brand you're talking. As people have said, you can't beat the ongoing costs of your Camry, as no monthly finance cost is going to come out less than maintenance/repair costs on your Camry unless something major goes wrong. If your goal is to save as much money as possible, then stick with your Camry until something expensive and/or major breaks. If you want a new car, then nothing wrong with a new Camry. Personally I'd prefer the styling of a Honda, as Toyota's just look so incredibly boring to me, but that's a personal choice.

Khane

Decided against it since those deals come around at least twice a year and the Camry still has plenty of life left.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
How much longer do i have to wait for a completely self driving Tesla? As soon as I can take a nap while driving I'm in.

Probably 3-5 years? Not anytime soon. The current autopilot is a fancy ass cruise control in anything but stop and go on the freeway. If you're in a lot of stop and go, the autopilot is AWESOME because you can set it and it literally just stops and goes and keeps in the lane.

If you actually want it to drive you somewhere, no it doesn't do that and not even close.

Siliconemelons

I need to refi my one car that's almost done because it's at 6.5 that I got shortly after my short sale... Should be looking at 2.5-4.5 @ 720+ score...

Assuming debt ratio is not getting blow up or maxxed with the car

joz123

Potato del Grande
Went back and talked to a different finance guy, kept the regular extended warranty up to 100k miles (costs 1,400 but will be worth it in the long run since the car has 40k miles already and basic warranty is to 60k). I can always cancel it if I want. Payment went from 290 to 270. Still need to join a credit union but should I wait a while before I try to re-finance?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Went back and talked to a different finance guy, kept the regular extended warranty up to 100k miles (costs 1,400 but will be worth it in the long run since the car has 40k miles already and basic warranty is to 60k). I can always cancel it if I want. Payment went from 290 to 270. Still need to join a credit union but should I wait a while before I try to re-finance?

Well generally you have to let the loan "season", usually it's 60-120 days I believe before you're eligible to refi it.

Is the warranty factory or 3rd party? 3rd party ones are always a pain in the ass and usually a scam inn top of it.

Khane

No, the longer you wait the more you'll have to pay out of pocket to cover the Loan to Value difference. Refinance yesterday.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Well generally you have to let the loan "season", usually it's 60-120 days I believe before you're eligible to refi it.

Is the warranty factory or 3rd party? 3rd party ones are always a pain in the ass and usually a scam inn top of it.
3rd party and have to go to dealership for repairs. Is it not worth getting?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
3rd party. Is it not worth getting?

I personally don't think so. They usually have to preauth EVERYTHING (which can take time), they won't deal with some places and some places won't deal with them, most places you still owe the money for the repair up front and get reimbursed, etc. etc.

Factory, technically maybe a 'poor investment' (they make money obviously so) but if you want 'maintenance insurance' and piece of mind and can afford it, eh whatever at least they're generally ironclad.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I have 0 deductible if I get the repairs done at the place I got the car otherwise its 100 at other ones. The company is AAGI.

Last edited:

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I have 0 deductible if I get the repairs done at the place I got the car otherwise its 100 at other ones.

I would look up reviews of the specific warranty and scrutinize their coverage.

Just remember it's insurance not a maintenance prepay, they make money on these things overall.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I would look up reviews of the specific warranty and scrutinize their coverage.

Just remember it's insurance not a maintenance prepay, they make money on these things overall.
Ya I can cancel it anytime right? This was my 3rd time signing a contract dont want to have to go back again