The Venture Bros.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Show has always been huge on continuity. Or at least after the first few episodes they seemed to decide on it. Very much like animated Arrested Development in that way.
This is what I really like about the show. My wife watched one of the later Episodes where Monarch attacks Jonas, and she thought it was funny, but she had no idea why I found it hilarious. You don't realize how much all the material and inside jokes/themes play into episode, it's great (Like 21/24 explaining all the times they should have died.)

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah it's awesome, but just like AD it can make it a little daunting for new fans to jump in. The more you watch, the more you get.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
This is what I really like about the show. My wife watched one of the later Episodes where Monarch attacks Jonas, and she thought it was funny, but she had no idea why I found it hilarious. You don't realize how much all the material and inside jokes/themes play into episode, it's great (Like 21/24 explaining all the times they should have died.)
This is very true. Just finished rewatching the whole series right before the new season, they're really trying to move things along. Venturestein was a big surprise though.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
So venturestein was the reanimated corpse of 24? Didn't catch onto that till the very end, and then I found myself trying to remember WTF 24 looked / sounded like. If that's the case, where the hell did that skull come from that 21 was carrying around? And when did venture create the monster? Did we see any of that on screen?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Damn, that was all in viva los muertos. I barely remember that episode. I guess I need to watch it again.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New episode. The monarch seems to be in denial about 21. Also, something weird going on with him and Rusty.
The 21 thing has been apparent from last season, when he assume 21 was just being a mole to get them inside. And even after he told Monarch and wife off he was saying it was great cover.

Excited to see where they go with the backstory between him an Rusty, always fun when we see some of their history. Like all those guys being in college together and shit.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
More of Rusty's sad ass childhood. Loved Hank still wearing the Countess strength suit from last week.

Next week is an OSI/Brock centered episode according to the guide, can't wait.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Is Brock ever going to come back in the fold? When Brock fell off the show I stopped watching this...

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hank is one messed up guy. He's talking all sane, while wearing that suit. o_O.
"That was a euphemism."

Is Brock ever going to come back in the fold? When Brock fell off the show I stopped watching this...
Probably not. As great as character as he is he's never been why the show was great, just part of it. If he's theonlyreason you liked the show it's probably not worth coming back to it.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Probably not. As great as character as he is he's never been why the show was great, just part of it. If he's theonlyreason you liked the show it's probably not worth coming back to it.
I think he was though. Last season and this one, so far, while still extremely funny, I think have lost something. Brock was able to be the straight man on the show (Kind of like an audience member trapped in that fucked up world.), while simultaneously being every bad ass cliche in the book. For me, the funniest shows were always when Brock was in the background doing his inaudible growls when shit got crazy--lol.

You can't tell me you don't miss this :p

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brock rules. Hard. Anyone saying different is a liar and smokes manpole. But he's not THE reason the show is great and never was, and if he is the only reason you watch you should probably give it up.

I'm sad he's taken a back seat just like any right thinking human is, but it hasn't ruined the show at all. It's changed it some, but it's still absolutely hilarious.

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
I wonder if Brock's decreased role has something to do with the actor's (Patrick Warburton) availability? He seems really busy the last few years.

The first episode of the season was ok, but I'm glad they're getting back to some of the adventure-type stories. New and exotic locales, interesting characters, etc.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I really want to see some focus back on the actual *Venture Bros.* as opposed to the family and friends. The Halloween episode was really great for Dean, but they haven't done anything to follow up with it yet. We haven't really seen him grow, just mope.