The Walking Dead

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Was that the season that had the cholos driving around in low riders, but then it turned out they were volunteers at a retirement gone and everyone learned a valuable lesson?

Noped out for a few years after that
Yeah. Half the cast getting eaten the next episode made up for it.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
My favorite Walking Dead wtf moment was them having a very hard time killing the zombies in full riot gear at the prison to then never think of using any of the armor for themselves.

Technically there was a scene or two when someone used the armor, which makes it worse because it was on their radar to use but instead they chose not to.

They always needed a short spinoff of a community in Montana or TX or the Amish that just lock down a full community in a few weeks, systematically destroys zombies, then goes on with life like it's no biggie. None of the terrible walking backwards oh shit moments that the show started to rely on. Just competent people handle things.

Such a shitty show after, as noted, the decent first season. Almost makes me want to do a rewatch just to laugh at it.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I was saving myself from posting then I see this bumped.

I saw the first couple seasons ages ago then stopped and don't know why. Watching it this year on my one overnight shift.

Fuck me it makes me angry how retarded it gets. Like being the gun nerd being triggered by guns with no sights and after season 8 they stay cgi adding the gun fire so you get semi autos firing line machine guns.

But Rick is such an insufferable faggot that can just stare, though I swear when they had a director change in season 8 or 9, suddenly 5 minutes of every episode was characters trying to look brooding staring at nothing.

Such is a shame after hate watching. Season 7 or whenever they added neegan was actually mostly good because he was such a great villain, followed by suddenly that next season and time jump and the writing etc goes to shit.

I always laughed years into the zombies and people are still getting snuck up on somehow or backing up blindly so they can trip on things. You'll have a character solo 30 zombie by next episode 2 give them a problem. inconsistent

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My favorite Walking Dead wtf moment was them having a very hard time killing the zombies in full riot gear at the prison to then never think of using any of the armor for themselves.

Technically there was a scene or two when someone used the armor, which makes it worse because it was on their radar to use but instead they chose not to.

They always needed a short spinoff of a community in Montana or TX or the Amish that just lock down a full community in a few weeks, systematically destroys zombies, then goes on with life like it's no biggie. None of the terrible walking backwards oh shit moments that the show started to rely on. Just competent people handle things.

Such a shitty show after, as noted, the decent first season. Almost makes me want to do a rewatch just to laugh at it.
lol I mentioned the walk backwards before even reading your comment

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
When the core group reaches Alexandria, the show was approaching the downward slope of decline. Glenn's apparent death due to Nicholas' suicide was another crack for me, as they plot armored Glenn into surviving that incident, only for him to be whacked by Negan (as he should have been due to the comics).

This was scene was my Seinfeld moment for The Walking Dead. I couldnt watch it anymore.

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Glenn hiding under the dumpster was the new “nuke the fridge” moment for a while.

I know Glenn did die in the comics, but killing him off in the show was a mistake. A lot of the audience tuned out after that. He was one of few positive aspects of the show in terms of attitude of the survivors and his loss magnified the “shit fucking sucks, man” vibe the show kept piling on

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Glenn hiding under the dumpster was the new “nuke the fridge” moment for a while.

I know Glenn did die in the comics, but killing him off in the show was a mistake. A lot of the audience tuned out after that. He was one of few positive aspects of the show in terms of attitude of the survivors and his loss magnified the “shit fucking sucks, man” vibe the show kept piling on
If they didnt kill Glenn, Negan wouldnt have been as ruthless as he was. That was probably the biggest moment in all of the comic. The comic still worked well without him, but yes it did hurt the show a lot.

Goatface

still think negan sucked. the whole arc was drawn out to long and his whole crew were tards.