The Walking Dead

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It wasn't supposed to film til after TWD ended I thought. Then Covid...
that sounds like a line of bullshit by a studio exec. i hope Lincoln didnt buy that story. he seems to because he hasnt done much since then. if they had a movie for him, they would have started filming when he left. its kinda stupid to start filming after the show is over. you want to have a movie ready to go when it ends rather than wait a few years when everyone has moved on and dont give a fuck anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
that sounds like a line of bullshit by a studio exec. i hope Lincoln didnt buy that story. he seems to because he hasnt done much since then. if they had a movie for him, they would have started filming when he left. its kinda stupid to start filming after the show is over. you want to have a movie ready to go when it ends rather than wait a few years when everyone has moved on and dont give a fuck anymore.
The TWD story isn't over, they still have Fear TWD and that other spin off. The Rick story is linked to both shows. They are some other city or something out there with helicopters and shit. That's pretty much all I know. I stopped watching a couple years ago.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The TWD story isn't over, they still have Fear TWD and that other spin off. The Rick story is linked to both shows. They are some other city or something out there with helicopters and shit. That's pretty much all I know. I stopped watching a couple years ago.
it sounds bogus though. why string an actor along for a role that maybe years down the line when he could be working on something now? I's sure he is set for life by now, but it dont sound right to sit around a role this long.

• 1Picard

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
it sounds bogus though. why string an actor along for a role that maybe years down the line when he could be working on something now? I's sure he is set for life by now, but it dont sound right to sit around a role this long.
I mean he left supposedly to take a break from acting I thought.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
he must have it in his contract where he gets paid to do nothing
I mean he can be doing other work. He just has to block out those certain months for filming. I mean The Rock has like 3-4 movies and shit going at the same time. Most actors do that, they don't just get a job and can't do shit til the movie is done.

Goatface

iirc, his kids were both around 10 and he really wanted to spend a few summers with them as kids. don't know what parts he would have to be there for, but those last seasons with him started pre productin in late Feb, with filming starting in May and ending in Oct. when he left, they still thought they were going to get 15+ seasons and he was going to get 3 movies.
everyone seemed to think the movies were going to rick adventures with the Commonwealth and tie back into the show after the whisperers wars. there is talk of carol and daryl on the road show, maybe they will run into rick. would be likely he will battle with commonwealth, escape and right before getting back, get shot while sleeping.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
In the comics, everyone is fucking everyone. It's amazing there wasn't more dude on dude action given it plays out like fucking prison, not real life. But you know, all in the name of inclusion.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Big bump! Huge rant!

So this festering piece of rat feces is STILL dead... and walking.

Let me start out by saying, I know and acknowledge I am a victim of sunk cost fallacy when it comes to TWD, 100% Very self aware of why I still watch this steaming pile.

I'm here to just literally rant about the show though... not to talk about the characters, situations, plots etc.

They said "this is the final season". This is what made me tune in again. Regardless of how shitty the show is and has become, I genuinely loved it at one point. Hell, I have a real life Lucille hanging on my wall right now as we speak. (and she... is... awesome!)

....then they do it again. Ruin what is already ruined.

Again.

Angela Kang (the showrunner) is the Kathleen Kennedy of this franchise. They said at the beginning of the season, that this is the final season and it will be 1 of 2 like they've always done. This is not a problem; even when the show was at its apex and bringing in massive viewership, they had the show split up like this in February, then in October. So this is also, of course, how this season was touted. Back in October, it was X episodes long, and of course, we knew that we had to wait until February to wrap it all up in this final season.

Only..... once February got here.... it was now....

2/3 !!!

Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you.

They are making this show like string cheese... just stretch it out baby! It'll be okay! Motherfuckers, I was only watching this shitpile because I want to know how it ends.

• 1Worf

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Big bump! Huge rant!

So this festering piece of rat feces is STILL dead... and walking.

Let me start out by saying, I know and acknowledge I am a victim of sunk cost fallacy when it comes to TWD, 100% Very self aware of why I still watch this steaming pile.

I'm here to just literally rant about the show though... not to talk about the characters, situations, plots etc.

They said "this is the final season". This is what made me tune in again. Regardless of how shitty the show is and has become, I genuinely loved it at one point. Hell, I have a real life Lucille hanging on my wall right now as we speak. (and she... is... awesome!)

....then they do it again. Ruin what is already ruined.

Again.

Angela Kang (the showrunner) is the Kathleen Kennedy of this franchise. They said at the beginning of the season, that this is the final season and it will be 1 of 2 like they've always done. This is not a problem; even when the show was at its apex and bringing in massive viewership, they had the show split up like this in February, then in October. So this is also, of course, how this season was touted. Back in October, it was X episodes long, and of course, we knew that we had to wait until February to wrap it all up in this final season.

Only..... once February got here.... it was now....

2/3 !!!

Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you.

They are making this show like string cheese... just stretch it out baby! It'll be okay! Motherfuckers, I was only watching this shitpile because I want to know how it ends.

star trek GIF

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I have never witnessed a more pathetic death of such a popular show in my life.

The Walking Dead
Game Of Thrones
__________________?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I have never witnessed a more pathetic death of such a popular show in my life.

The Walking Dead
Game Of Thrones
__________________?
Game of Thrones died at peak ratings resulting in mass outrage and career suicide for the writers. shows like TWD die of old age in a nursing home where nobody visits you.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Game of Thrones died at peak ratings resulting in mass outrage and career suicide for the writers. shows like TWD die of old age in a nursing home where nobody visits you.
/searches for Truth! reaction, to no avail here...

• 1Like

Cybsled

GoT was still a juggernaut audience wise, people just hated some of the story beats/choices they went with.

TWD is just a pile of apathy at this point - ratings are still decent for a cable show, but most of the audience has ditched it. I pretty much just read recaps every now and again to see what is happening, but that is about it

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The comic ends alright and maintains at least an acceptable quality throughout.

I like to post that every six months or so.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users