The Walking Dead

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
TWD is just a pile of apathy at this point
This. I'm just the sad (but now pissed off because of that 2/3 season! announcement) that they're letting this dying dog go like this.

When your show makes Jeffrey Dean Morgan unwatchable, you know it's time to pack it in.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
How much of the later seasons are worth seeing? The last TWD season I watched was S7.

I got into FTWD and watched seasons 1-4 of that (think I was watching it after I stopped TWD even) but it wore really thin. I liked the daughter because she looked just like my favorite ex (who doesn't talk to me anymore, oh well). Felt like by S4 it was just an imitation of the main show, and nobody could have a goddamn conversation without pointing a gun at the other person the whole time. I know it gets better after that but I was just done.

Kinda want to finish the main show, though. I really liked the Saviors storyline and I'm not sure why I didn't come back for S8, just busy I guess. Was planning to eventually rewatch S6/7 and then finally watch 8, just a big Savior-a-thon. I don't even know how much more there is after S8. Are S9+ worth it for someone who actually likes the series?

All I know is that at the very least I'll watch the rest of the Saviors storyline and see how that resolves. Maybe I'll watch up until Rick leaves (when is that?) unless there's some really good reason to continue after that. I know there's something with Whisperers and they're led by Furiosa or something.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
It's bad Raj. Really bad.

someone who actually likes the series?
That's me. That's the season 1-2-3 fans. Those days are a distant memory. This is a different show now, trust me.

I didn't like the walking dead, I LOVED it, but they have destroyed this franchise better than a rival film studio could ever imagine doing LoL.

Seriously, the show just sucks and is NOT worth watching. Not even close to being worth watching. It's actually weird how bad it is now relative to how high the show was flying in its peak.

If Game of Thrones died a grim death of bleeding out by a mortal last season wound, then TWD is the patient in the ICU having the slowest, most depressing cancer ever.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think the problem this show created for itself was the same problem a lot of shows develop. They got too big and had to keep upping the stakes and getting more dynamic to prevent the show from becoming stale. Instead, they killed off beloved characters and went in unsatisfactory directions. Like if you kill all the fan faves, keep stringing people along for ten years and you never find out about DC or the helicppters or any major resolution to the show, why even bother watching?

Cybsled

Plus some fan favorite characters, when they get too much limelight, are lessened in impact.

Although the priest basically becoming some hardass assassin is pretty funny. Dudes like blind in one eye and has no problem murdering dudes in cold blood and hooked up with one of the hottest people on the show.

Oldbased

> Than U
So with the main series well on it's way to being over and the final episodes airing we now know what comes next.
3 mini series in 2023 will be released.
The first one scheduled to air April 23, is Negan and Maggie head to NYC with a 3rd new cast member. To Manhattan which is isolated by blown bridges and tunnels with a million walkers on the island.
The next one is Daryl goes to Paris. Why who knows. Initially Carol was supposed to be with him but she backed out of the show after 11.5 seasons.
Finally Rick and Michonne series. It's safe to say she finds him and they are in some major battle group fighting the dead and living.
It's said Red Rick is back as he was in seasons 5/6 when he was blood thirsty and out of control.

So to the 3 fans left, there you have it

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So with the main series well on it's way to being over and the final episodes airing we now know what comes next.
3 mini series in 2023 will be released.
The first one scheduled to air April 23, is Negan and Maggie head to NYC with a 3rd new cast member. To Manhattan which is isolated by blown bridges and tunnels with a million walkers on the island.
The next one is Daryl goes to Paris. Why who knows. Initially Carol was supposed to be with him but she backed out of the show after 11.5 seasons.
Finally Rick and Michonne series. It's safe to say she finds him and they are in some major battle group fighting the dead and living.
It's said Red Rick is back as he was in seasons 5/6 when he was blood thirsty and out of control.

So to the 3 fans left, there you have it
Isle of the Dead is also filming in parts of NJ. including Newark, but people barely noticed.

Oldbased

> Than U

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I mean, if you haven't watched it in 3-4 seasons, it's about the same type of show as when you left. Some good stuff, some bad stuff, but eventually you kind of get a bit bored and forget about it.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
The meat grinder in the junk yard was my Seinfeld moment.

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

Glenn evading death multiple times within one season only to be killed by Negan (yes i know it happens in the comics) was the beginning of my end with the series.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The meat grinder in the junk yard was my Seinfeld moment.

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

Glenn evading death multiple times within one season only to be killed by Negan (yes i know it happens in the comics) was the beginning of my end with the series.
that entire season (7?) was like that. they killed off a lot of fan favorites and went all Game Of Thrones/The Last Jedi on it. i lost interest and noped out along with a lot of the audience.

Cybsled

So now in a last minute effort to mix things up, they made “smart” zombies that can use weapons, climb walls, and open doors.

I would laugh at ultimate shark jump , but if you look at season 1 and 2, they had zombies that did the same shit and then they rolled that back in subsequent seasons. If you find old clips from those episodes, you see zombies banging at doors with rocks and climbing chain link fences

Goatface

iirc, they said recently turned zombies could still remember but it would fade over time. i bailed when rick left, but shouldn't there only be a few zombies left by now?

Cybsled

They definitely drew a lot from Romero zombies in the first couple seasons, so the “vague” memory thing fits since Romero employed that in quite a few films

By the time they got to Day of the Dead, they can use firearms lol

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Necro time.
With Halloween approaching I started watching this again from the beginning. Its been years since I watched TWD. God damn I forgot how good S1 was. Lots of little shit. Darryl being an actual white trash piece of shit. Michael Rooker as Merle. Walkers actually climbing fences and moving pretty quickly and picking up rocks to break glass doors. Half the cast being killed when the walkers hit their camp.

Cinematography is great also. Lots of conversations are shot in closeups to the speaker instead of a single camera backs distance showing all the speakers in a single frame.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Necro time.
With Halloween approaching I started watching this again from the beginning. Its been years since I watched TWD. God damn I forgot how good S1 was. Lots of little shit. Darryl being an actual white trash piece of shit. Michael Rooker as Merle. Walkers actually climbing fences and moving pretty quickly and picking up rocks to break glass doors. Half the cast being killed when the walkers hit their camp.

Cinematography is great also. Lots of conversations are shot in closeups to the speaker instead of a single camera backs distance showing all the speakers in a single frame.
Frank Darabont knows his shit. the movie the Mist is practically the same movie, just a different IP. same actors and director in a horror setting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Necro time.

Was that the season that had the cholos driving around in low riders, but then it turned out they were volunteers at a retirement gone and everyone learned a valuable lesson?

Noped out for a few years after that

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user