The Walking Dead

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i know realism doesn't apply, but......
one of the things i hate about low dex zombies. they would never be able to operate in the woods or even most urban environments. 90% of them should be crawling now as their ankles would be broken.
walkers can not figure out how to back off a spike trap, but can hop a guard rail with out breaking stride
yeah that pissed me off. Not a single zombie tripped on the rails, they drag their feet, but once they have to go over the railroad track, all of them lift up their feet. Ugh.

I'm curious if you could actually set off a propane tank like that.

I also loved how Carl reinstated himself as the biggest tool with the first 6 words uttered in this season.

as for the stupid deer discussion: Yeah, there may not be many deers around the woods near former population centers (where the zombie herds are). But iirc, most areas of the US are sparesly populated, so in those areas you'll have animal wildlife recover rapidly once 99.9% of all humans are gone.

Georgia is 150.000 km?, while inhabited by less than 10 million people. Large areas will be completely herd-free.

But no one here accounted for the instant-teleport-next-to-victim spell the zombies repeatedly used on the humans.

Cybsled

If the tank is ruptured and is spilling gas into the air, then yes, fire can make it go boom.

Beastro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Like I said you are putting way too much faith in humanity. Humans are still just animals too and once ppl are literally starving it would bring out evils in ppl you obviously don't think possible. There being a common enemy means jack all if you only have enough resources for x number of people, but need resources for x + y number of people. Thinking the remaining world's population would just band together is ludicrously naive.
I have no doubt about how animalstic people are, but one does not see animals acting in the way you describe.

I did not presume that they'd band together as a whole, rather we'd become tribal again with all it's banes and boons and there would be fighting, but not in the completely "everyone one for himself" way you and most writers of disaster shows think.

And it has nothing to do with faith in humanity and everything to do with the sobering and cautioning effects fear has on human nature.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
everyone assumes when all bets are off and law and order collapses that people will lose their shit and start looting pillaging and eating each other. thats a giant load of shit. and its why those hillbilly preppers spending their life savings on canned food that lasts 20 years and a bunker hidden in the woods will never need to use them. humans like primates are social creatures. perhaps the youth will go nuts at first, but that shit is gonna calm down all too soon and they will be looking to rebuild and start a new community. there is strength in numbers and when you get a bunch of people together they will pool their resources and protect what they got. even in situations like katrina or ferguson or the la riots the looters and rioters banded together to steal and burn as much shit as they could get their hands on.

Cybsled

Well to be fair, there are/were cannibalistic tribes in the world. They did it for various reasons, but it wasn't always because of a lack of resources.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have no doubt about how animalstic people are, but one does not see animals acting in the way you describe.

I did not presume that they'd band together as a whole,rather we'd become tribal again with all it's banes and boons and there would be fighting, but not in the completely "everyone one for himself" way you and most writers of disaster shows think.

And it has nothing to do with faith in humanity and everything to do with the sobering and cautioning effects fear has on human nature.
Thats literally exactly what is going on in the show. Yes, people will band together, to an extent, when it benefits themselves/their survival; hence why I said criminals will band together too.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
everyone assumes when all bets are off and law and order collapses that people will lose their shit and start looting pillaging and eating each other. thats a giant load of shit. and its why those hillbilly preppers spending their life savings on canned food that lasts 20 years and a bunker hidden in the woods will never need to use them. humans like primates are social creatures. perhaps the youth will go nuts at first, but that shit is gonna calm down all too soon and they will be looking to rebuild and start a new community. there is strength in numbers and when you get a bunch of people together they will pool their resources and protect what they got. even in situations like katrina or ferguson or the la riots the looters and rioters banded together to steal and burn as much shit as they could get their hands on.
Yeah, but you know Chuck, that would make for a fucking boring zombie show.

Also I think you are greatly exaggerating how good humans are to each other, especially when resources like food and survival are concerned. Of course the show is exaggerated. Of course you will have the noble setting up communities, but you will also have the other element trying to steal and pilfer their shit, why? Because they are stronger, dont give a fuck, and dont want to put in the work it takes to make shit like that happen, so they take from others, because they can. Its a classic human trait that is just as real as being social. Fuck bro, just look to the wild west and how it was with no laws.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Holy shit, the cannibalism debate is still going on? If people would actually resort to cannibalism everytime they face hunger/starvation then Africa would be completely empty by now. Seriously, it's bizarre how many of you guys here seem to think that this would actually happen.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
at least Mkopec and a few others realize that this show is not mirroring any kind of reality. basically the same people who believe The Purge is possible would also believe in these "shit hit the fan" scenarios.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
BTW, why do yall call Tyrese "Cutty", instead of "Coach", which would be a closer reference to him and this show?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
The discussion hasn't been about cannibalism for a couple of pages now. I'm just saying people are already capable of horrible things, when people are desperate/starving they will do whatever they think necessary to survive. Especially americans, which less than 6% of households have disruptive eating patterns, which is still nothing like starving. The vast majority of us just have no clue what that is like.

Beastro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Thats literally exactly what is going on in the show. Yes, people will band together, to an extent, when it benefits themselves/their survival; hence why I said criminals will band together too.
Cept it isn't about tribal factionalism and people trying to look after their own winding up hurting others with no bad guys or good guys, instead we get the Governor, cannibals and possibly Negan down the line.

For fleeting moments I had hopes in season 3 that we'd finally have a good, compelling and realistic show about what I first described, then it went into Govs sideroom and see his wall of zombie heads and I realized it was going to be black vs white, or black vs dirty, idiotic white.

Also keep in mind how much time has gone by in the show. I wouldn't be surprised to see what we're talking about happening decades down the line with environmental pressures forcing people into such acts, but not in a couple years. That shits more something you'd see in an episode of the Simpsons.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Cept it isn't about tribal factionalism and people trying to look after their own winding up hurting others with no bad guys or good guys, instead we get the Governor, cannibals and possibly Negan down the line.

For fleeting moments I had hopes in season 3 that we'd finally have a good, compelling and realistic show about what I first described, then it went into Govs sideroom and see his wall of zombie heads and I realized it was going to be black vs white, or black vs dirty, idiotic white.

Also keep in mind how much time has gone by in the show. I wouldn't be surprised to see what we're talking about happening decades down the line with environmental pressures forcing people into such acts, but not in a couple years. That shits more something you'd see in an episode of the Simpsons.
when that day comes, you are welcome to bite my ass.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
rrr_img_79341.jpg

Oldbased

> Than U
Dude a leg is not correction.
Another well done episode. Maybe not enough action and too much drama for some but pretty much the whole episode was advancing or closing events.