The Walking Dead

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
IIRC, post interrogation/escape, Glen asked if she was ok/what they did to her. She avoided answering and he let his imagination go.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
You guys are putting way too much thought into this. It's cable TV. She was exposed and vulnerable and the slight threat of something more both rattled her and infuriated Glen. Nothing more.

I would like to think that someone who has spent a year in a post apocalypse zombie world would treat that scenario with a little more backbone, but we're obviously supposed to ignore the real implications of their situation and pretend they're still as human as they were on day one.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
She wasn't raped. Glenn pretty much thinks she was, though. Viewers tend to forget they see stuff the characters don't. As far as Glenn's POV is concerned, she was.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
She wasn't raped. Glenn pretty much thinks she was, though. Viewers tend to forget they see stuff the characters don't. As far as Glenn's POV is concerned, she was.
honestly who gives a shit if she was raped anyway. If I was on that show I'd just be glad every night I can go to sleep and not have killed my zombified family that day.

Zech_sl

shitlord
Did you guys even read the comic? Maggie wasn't the original character in that situation and that was toned way way down because it was on cable. If it was on HBO or Showtime it would have shown the seriously degenerative shit that the governor is capable of. They should of left it out completely because all they really did was make him seem like he knows how to mess with people when they need to make him look bat shit crazy.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Why does it matter if you read the comics or not? They've diverged the storylines so much the characters only vaguely resemble their comic counterparts.

Zech_sl

shitlord
Why does it matter if you read the comics or not? They've diverged the storylines so much the characters only vaguely resemble their comic counterparts.
I understand that, i was trying to make the point that the whole scene was toned down for TV from the comics and that they should of just left it out. It didnt do anything for the governors character and in the comics it really showed what kind of crazy fucktard he was. So by changing it to "he touched my boobies" AMC did nothing but hurt is character.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That is the confusing part. He grabbed her tit and they are both losing their shit... if someone grabbed my wife's tit today, I'd be kind of pissed, but life would go on. It is like they're trying to insinuate the rape without actually having to have the controversy of showing or confirming the rape so they can have the bs drama and still keep their advertisers. The writers are making it into a big deal, I'm sure we had all forgotten about the infamous Maggie tit grab, they made it into a central point of the story going forward. Why bother if you don't have the balls to do it?

Someone should post screens of the comic so we can see what happened there. I am curious now.

Tenks

The only really funny thing is that murder and death happens all the time but they have their panties in a twist about sex. Seems like America to me.

Zech_sl

shitlord
That is the confusing part. He grabbed her tit and they are both losing their shit... if someone grabbed my wife's tit today, I'd be kind of pissed, but life would go on.
I dont know the reasoning behind it, maybe it was the insinuation of the act. You said it yourself that the Gov likes to have people he can control and by using the insinuation of "im gonna rape you" he got something from that. who knows with the terribad writing what the hell is going on anymore.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, that's another thing. Someone was killed, they killed 6 people in their escape, but because it was a redshirt I guess it pales in comparison to rubbing a breast.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its a good thing maggie never got on a busy train in NYC. between all the people jostling eachother and the random pervs copping feels. the chick would be ready for the rubber room before she got to her destination.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Questioning it only makes you realize how terrible the writing is. Embrace the plot holes. Fill them with your love.

Tenks

Does anyone else think Rick had this moment where he wanted to smash the baby into the wall?
Considering it is not his baby and only represents how shitty the world is now I'd use that baby as some zombie veal the first chance I could. First thing I told my GF with the baby is I'd strap it to my belt like a grenade and if shit got bad just rip the baby off my belt and chuck it as a zombie lure.