The Walking Dead

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Also, I didn't realize morgan is saul from snatch until I heard his british accent in the talking dead after the show.
Fucks sake, how in the hell did I miss that.
Im granting myself a pass, it's been a long ass time since snatch.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Exactly, there's a large group of Wolves that seems conspicuously absent a short distance from Alexandria, where Ricks crew was also obliviously being followed by two gays, and there are multiple lone wanders that came from larger groups that have also been conspicuously absent despite the two gays, and Wolves all actively searching for people.

The other people in TWD are as ninja as the walkers!

Or, it's pretty typical that there's no logic or sense and random people and/or zombies or random groups of people and/or hordes of zombies simply appear and disappear as needed whether it makes any sense at all.

And nobody is annoyed that the entire dramatic culmination of this season reaches climax because.... cue dramatic music.... someone left the gate open! And for what seemed like hours! And apparently nobody happened past, saw it open from distance, and despite Ricks crew being very wary of their lack of security they didn't check it before nightfall (hell, I double check my deadbolt is secure every night and all I've got is Russians for neighbors!).

If the events that move the story forward aren't inexplicable super strong extra stealthy zombie attacks, it's random stupidity. Was there no other, better, deeper, more naturally dramatic drama they could have built up to the final scene with, other that durr durr see someone did something so irrationally stupid YOU NEED ME ON THAT WALL BECAUSE YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

With the Wolves right around the corner, you think that could have been the catalyst, ahh, but then it wouldn't have made sense if nobody important died... I guess the writers/producers seemed to feel it was more important trolling everyone with hints about someone important dying than actually writing an episode that would have made sense and had actual drama and tension instead of bullshit misdirects and cuing up TV music way too fucking often. Imagine how flat most of those scenes would fall without the magic of TV music. People would probably literally shrug after most scenes without that shit seeping into their brain telling them the scene is dramatic so they don't have to feel it.
Perhaps you missed the part about the show where...... Zombies walk the earth, totally logical.

Besides you act like there is a round table of writers determining what is done and said on the show, this is all mostly on Robert Kirkman, who with only Tony Moore did the comics and I'll let you in on a little secret about the comic and why the show differs from the comic, which is much more interesting, the comic is dark and not made for AMC, including many rape scenes, children getting their heads cut off and terms of endearment like the word "American Inventor."

Try to remember the show isn't a documentary, it's a show purely for entertainment, perhaps if you would more enjoy a show that focuses on reality more where they have 12 episodes a season of hunting squirrels and Daryl beating off in the woods I would suggest naked and alone on the discovery channel.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lets also not forget that kirkman "borrowed" heavily from the movie 28 days later , so he isnt exactly a very creative writer.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I've come to the conclusion that this show is quite good, and the laughable plot holes far less distinguishable if you're totally stoned.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I hate to be a kill joy here, but you're nit picking a show whose premise is that dead people can sustain bodily functions for years, post mortem... without food and experiencing exposure 24/7 to climates conducive to expedited decay. This flies in the face of every natural law we have in our own reality. At a minimum, in order to replace the expended energy of shuffling around a body needs water and nutrition. You also need some way to get those nutrients to the muscles, so no heartbeat means a petrified body.

We also must assume that the immune system is still functioning because without that the bacteria in the gut would cause the abdomen to distend and expand so violently that within two weeks of continual sun exposure and warm/hot air the body would literally explode and be unable to stand up right without that musculature to hold it up. You remember that awesome video of the whale stomach exploding on the back of some sorry prick's trailer? Same concept.

But hey, fuck these writers for being so unrealistic. Glen shouldn't be able to shrug off a bullet to the shoulder. That should've instantly killed him and cause him to turn. THEN he should've chased him down and chewed on that fucker's face. AMC, please PM for my agent's info. He'll be in touch.

Anyway, I think the zombie shit is stupid and in order to enjoy the show I have to completely suspend my disbelief and assume that we are witnessing a different reality. It's not just zombie fiction, it's science fiction as well. My tv is like a remote viewing device for a reality in which all of these things COULD happen.

Try it out. It's made the show much more enjoyable because I'm not engaging in continuous reality checks or asking myself, "Would that really happen?" I didn't bat an eye at anything that happened during the season finale.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Perhaps you missed the part about the show where...... Zombies walk the earth, totally logical.

Besides you act like there is a round table of writers determining what is done and said on the show, this is all mostly on Robert Kirkman, who with only Tony Moore did the comics and I'll let you in on a little secret about the comic and why the show differs from the comic, which is much more interesting, the comic is dark and not made for AMC, including many rape scenes, children getting their heads cut off and terms of endearment like the word "American Inventor."

Try to remember the show isn't a documentary, it's a show purely for entertainment, perhaps if you would more enjoy a show that focuses on reality more where they have 12 episodes a season of hunting squirrels and Daryl beating off in the woods I would suggest naked and alone on the discovery channel.
Listen, you rotting zombie-twat licker, just because a show is fictional, doesn't mean it shouldn't make some semblance of sense within the context of the world they've created.

Here's an example. For weeks/months they easily poke zombies in the head through a fence at the prison. In this recent episode Daryl easily pokes zombies in the head through a fence. So why didn't Glen just as easily poke zombies through a fence at the warehouse? Oh, I guess because zombies are fictional so suddenly nothing the characters do have to make any fucking sense?

Or, maybe it's because as entertaining as the show can be, and how good it can be at times, they writing to the lowest common denominator retards who think because a show has zombies then anything goes even if it makes no fucking sense at all. Might as well have flying wiener dogs, right, because the show has zombies! Might as well have the characters selectively clinically retarded, because, you know, zombies are real, so neither is basic human logic in a show written, get this, for people to watch.

You think Kirkman is the sole writer and only person providing input on how the show is written and what direction it should take? Even if so, the show should differ from the comics by being poorly written because the comics are just too dark for good writing on AMC? There are plenty of other shows on AMC that are quite dark, and don't shit the bed every couple episodes by dropping all logical sequences of the events so far or having the main plot device be magic zombies and/or characters suddenly incompetently retarded.

Some of us are more entertained when a show isn't randomly embarrassing to watch on a fundamental way that has tornadoes kill a horde of zombies banging on the door of an ancient barn but the barn isn't touched. There are better ways to write a show. But why would they bother. They have seething morons like yourself that don't give a shit, and instead of just admitting the show is terrible at times and still enjoying it like the rest of us, you'll actually try to defend the show like a fucking retard by saying the show doesn't have to make any sense because it has zombies.

For you inbreds, I'll say it again. Just because a show is fictional, even fantastical, doesn't mean the writers shouldn't at least try to have things make sense without the context of the world they've created. So stop saying ignorant shit like a show has zombies so it makes sense for the HUMAN FUCKING CHARACTERS to suddenly be selectively incompetent if it's the only way a show's writers can find to advance a plot.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
maybe glen didnt have his fence pokey stick with him?
tongue.png

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
uh not to nit pick but
Michone stares at her sword again, then puts it on the wall.Then changes her mind and sheaths it on her back.

Red Poncho guy is wandering the truck area as a zombie
Also Alexandria better crank the security to 11 and stop hiding all the weapon out of reach in the armory because 4 trailers full of zombies crashing thru the walls is going to wreck this place something fierce.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Listen, you rotting zombie-twat licker, just because a show is fictional, doesn't mean it shouldn't make some semblance of sense within the context of the world they've created.

Here's an example. For weeks/months they easily poke zombies in the head through a fence at the prison. In this recent episode Daryl easily pokes zombies in the head through a fence. So why didn't Glen just as easily poke zombies through a fence at the warehouse? Oh, I guess because zombies are fictional so suddenly nothing the characters do have to make any fucking sense?

Or, maybe it's because as entertaining as the show can be, and how good it can be at times, they writing to the lowest common denominator retards who think because a show has zombies then anything goes even if it makes no fucking sense at all. Might as well have flying wiener dogs, right, because the show has zombies! Might as well have the characters selectively clinically retarded, because, you know, zombies are real, so neither is basic human logic in a show written, get this, for people to watch.

You think Kirkman is the sole writer and only person providing input on how the show is written and what direction it should take? Even if so, the show should differ from the comics by being poorly written because the comics are just too dark for good writing on AMC? There are plenty of other shows on AMC that are quite dark, and don't shit the bed every couple episodes by dropping all logical sequences of the events so far or having the main plot device be magic zombies and/or characters suddenly incompetently retarded.

Some of us are more entertained when a show isn't randomly embarrassing to watch on a fundamental way that has tornadoes kill a horde of zombies banging on the door of an ancient barn but the barn isn't touched. There are better ways to write a show. But why would they bother. They have seething morons like yourself that don't give a shit, and instead of just admitting the show is terrible at times and still enjoying it like the rest of us, you'll actually try to defend the show like a fucking retard by saying the show doesn't have to make any sense because it has zombies.

For you inbreds, I'll say it again. Just because a show is fictional, even fantastical, doesn't mean the writers shouldn't at least try to have things make sense without the context of the world they've created. So stop saying ignorant shit like a show has zombies so it makes sense for the HUMAN FUCKING CHARACTERS to suddenly be selectively incompetent if it's the only way a show's writers can find to advance a plot.
The show is popular and enjoyable to watch, as far as I'm concerned it's a good show, I also don't analyze things to the point of ranting about miniscule things to my own detriment. You're "that guy" and I understand, I do, I get it. Nobody else cares though, if you watch the show with others I hope you keep your mouth shut because you're just a kill joy.

Goatface

has rick and company used any noise distractors?
believe morgan had some in his crazy town, but not remember them carrying any around

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
has rick and company used any noise distractors?
believe morgan had some in his crazy town, but not remember them carrying any around
Carl's new girl used a kitchen timer just last week, don't know if they really showed the group using any in the show.

Ganthorn

N00b
My only real problem with the shows writing is how dumb some of the actions of our main group are even though they have been in the shit so long. Leavings zombies on other sides of fences instead of finishing them so they can't pop up later. No trench around the wall. Little things like that.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The usually just make noise and wait to kill what shows up. In most cases that seems safer anyway. Training them off just leaves a problem for later.

Daryl distracted some away with a piece of burning cardboard of all things. ("Oooh fire!")

What are you going to dig a trench with, a backhoe? Holy noise...

Ganthorn

N00b
The usually just make noise and wait to kill what shows up. In most cases that seems safer anyway. Training them off just leaves a problem for later.

Daryl distracted some away with a piece of burning cardboard of all things. ("Oooh fire!")

What are you going to dig a trench with, a backhoe? Holy noise...
There are quite a few people. They could do it with shovels over time. That was just a random example i pulled out of my ass. They could do stuff like Morgans crazy spikes.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
There are quite a few people. They could do it with shovels over time. That was just a random example i pulled out of my ass. They could do stuff like Morgans crazy spikes.
The spikes with impaled lives zombies on it that did little but impede zombies for later killing the same the walls do?

Good call

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Hey, we have Daryl riding around on his brand new hog advertising to every zombie and human his whereabouts for miles!
See, I wasn't even going to bring it up because I'm not much for nitpicking. The obvious answer would be to get some hybrids instead of trying to scrounge up gasoline that hasn't turned to shit. They've got plenty of power and hybrids are much quieter. That wouldn't be very cool, though, so I forgive them on this one.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
The spikes with impaled lives zombies on it that did little but impede zombies for later killing the same the walls do?

Good call
Helping to break up the herd seems like a good idea. Gotta remember zombies are super strong when it suites the plot and can push down prison fences!