The Walking Dead

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All the other dumb shit aside, it drives me nuts watching zombies being right up there against the fence, and no one (not even Merle, who has a built-in ginsu knife) stabs them in the fucking head. I mean, we only have like 50 fucking zombies roaming around the grounds, and it was stated outright they'd eat up most of their ammo trying to clear them at once...so why not off 10 or so at a time that are just standing there? It's like they don't actually want to kill any zombies unless they are about to eat someone.
Seriously just fashion a bunch of wood spears, and kill them from behind the fence. Save bullets, no sound. Profit.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Shows get trashed here because 95% of the board are jaded "knees to sharp" critics, much like the talkbacks on AICN.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
All the other dumb shit aside, it drives me nuts watching zombies being right up there against the fence, and no one (not even Merle, who has a built-in ginsu knife) stabs them in the fucking head. I mean, we only have like 50 fucking zombies roaming around the grounds, and it was stated outright they'd eat up most of their ammo trying to clear them at once...so why not off 10 or so at a time that are just standing there? It's like they don't actually want to kill any zombies unless they are about to eat someone.
This was their daily routine in the comics, not sure why it's been dropped for the show but they would always go down and stab the walkers that got caught on the fence in the head. Other than Tyreese being also ruined now (comic spoiler left out) this seemed like a good episode. I just think of Woodbury as a Lost like alternate/time travel reality to the interesting things that I get to see between the characters that I have read about and learned to understand, but I'm also a complete sucker for that Tom Waits song that Hershel's daughter sang at the end (there's one of the best slide guitar players that I've ever heard in my life here in town, spent many a sad bastard night with a nice scotch and some friends listening to that guy singing 'Hold On'). Probably a lot of variables sugarcoating this one for me but, aside from the shitty Woodbury parts, good character development from the core cast in this one.

Since it's so far away from the comics now I'm going to bet on Hershel, Tom Waits singing daughter, Carol and Merle dying in the inevitable prison raid

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Sounds like a fun game. These are the folks I'm betting will die from now till we get the prison raid. The following will die (not including Gov or Woodbury folks)...Beth (she sang and got to be on Talking Dead, definite goner), Merle (redemption death), Carol, Judith, Sasha, Allen, Ben, and hopefully Lori for the second time when Rick shakes off the funk.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shit episode. I'm just spoiled since I started watching Spartacus where an entire Walking Dead season worth of content is packed into each hour. Walking Dead has turned into a DBZ style of content delivery, except instead of saiyins screaming for 20 minutes they just have dumb arguments.
That's funny, last night at some point watching last weeks that I missed and then this week's, I said "this is getting as bad as anime" and later "ok, this is reaching DBZ levels". My kids didn't get it, and they thought last week was "awesome" which just makes me face palm but they aren't alone given how popular this shit has gotten.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Shows get trashed here because 95% of the board are jaded "knees to sharp" critics, much like the talkbacks on AICN.
Oh come on. This show is very, very bad at times. If it wasn't for the hook of the setting it would be a colossal failure. Aside from Brother #1 from Boondocks, Merle, super Asian, and the old guy the rest of the cast is pretty goddamn bad as their jobs. And the writing is even worse. Don't defend it just because people here can be hyper-critical. This show is proof that people love zombies and they'll put up with just about anything to watch a zombie TV show.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh come on. This show is very, very bad at times. If it wasn't for the hook of the setting it would be a colossal failure. Aside from Brother #1 from Boondocks, Merle, super Asian, and the old guy the rest of the cast is pretty goddamn bad as their jobs. And the writing is even worse. Don't defend it just because people here can be hyper-critical. This show is proof that people love zombies and they'll put up with just about anything to watch a zombie TV show.
I agree the show isn't as great as everyone else seems to make it, but you have to admit that this forum has very specific taste when it comes to shows (violence usually wins, sappy love stuff does not) due to the demographic of the board. It's one of the reasons why most of the time, the really popular shows with mainstream viewers are not popular with this crowd.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Whoever dies in the attack, my guesses based on the comic

Beth is going to stand in for Lori in the comics, since Beth is basically surrogate mother to the baby now. Andrea is going to be the "sniper", but I doubt she will kill Beth/the baby. However, it wouldn't surprise me if the Governor did, which causes her to bust a cap in him and then results in her offing herself

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This was their daily routine in the comics, not sure why it's been dropped for the show but they would always go down and stab the walkers that got caught on the fence in the head.
I've been wondering that since they moved in. My reasoning is that if they just kill the zombies and don't bury/burn them the smell will be absolutely putrid. And even if killing them is free, moving them around and burning them is not.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
This episode wasn't terrible only because absolutely nothing happened.

Refugees join Woodbury. Governor says "if you go there, stay there," Andrea goes there, learns governor is a homicidal maniac, she returns and fucks him, he apparently forgets he said what he did. There was nothing else. One group moved, Andrea went in a circle.

Ok it was terrible, just less terrible because, again, nothing happened.

mysterion_sl

shitlord
I've been wondering that since they moved in. My reasoning is that if they just kill the zombies and don't bury/burn them the smell will be absolutely putrid. And even if killing them is free, moving them around and burning them is not.
on the other hand, what the fuck are they doing all day long? there is no tv, they obviously dont hunt or grow stuff. i would go berserk in the yard, just to pass the time.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
on the other hand, what the fuck are they doing all day long? there is no tv, they obviously dont hunt or grow stuff. i would go berserk in the yard, just to pass the time.
From what we've seen they spend their time arguing.

and Dabamf I think Andrea coming back and not killing the gov is acceptable. She wanted to kill him but couldn't do it in cold blood like that. She should've just gagged him, stabbed him in the eye and ran out.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
From what we've seen they spend their time arguing.
I'd be getting some zombie poontang all day. Also, I bet zombies give good blowjobs with their teeth removed. I watched Deadgirl, and that really opened me up to the idea.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
This was their daily routine in the comics, not sure why it's been dropped for the show but they would always go down and stab the walkers that got caught on the fence in the head. Other than Tyreese being also ruined now (comic spoiler left out) this seemed like a good episode. I just think of Woodbury as a Lost like alternate/time travel reality to the interesting things that I get to see between the characters that I have read about and learned to understand, but I'm also a complete sucker for that Tom Waits song that Hershel's daughter sang at the end (there's one of the best slide guitar players that I've ever heard in my life here in town, spent many a sad bastard night with a nice scotch and some friends listening to that guy singing 'Hold On'). Probably a lot of variables sugarcoating this one for me but, aside from the shitty Woodbury parts, good character development from the core cast in this one.

Since it's so far away from the comics now I'm going to bet on Hershel, Tom Waits singing daughter, Carol and Merle dying in the inevitable prison raid
I'm actually reading the comics right now, you're not remembering correctly. They quickly lost interest in taking out the zombies at the fence and they piled up in the hundreds around the fence, to the point that...

it was an additional barrier during the Governor's offensive on the prison and ended up helping our heroes quite a bit. Not that they ever could have predicted that.

The zombies at the fence were basically background in the comics, always appearing in the background as the stories went on about planting crops or interpersonal drama or whatever. I am assuming as a metaphor for what humanity becomes when hit with adversity/apocalypse/whatever.

The comics aren't exactly classics of modern literature, but they are far and away better than the shit we get on tv. I recommend people pick them up or download them or whatever. The are kind of a debbie downer though, not a lot of happiness in these comics. I'm about through issue 65 and holy shit bros, I could use a pick me up. Comics like these are why people watch stupid fucking Kevin James comedies.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Haven't watched last night's episode yet but agree with Chaos. The comics are extremely enjoyable and fun to read. The storyline of the show and comics are almost like a multiverse. The people are kind of the same, same roles are fulfilled and similar areas are explored but that is about where they stop being the same.

Like take the Gov's eye in the show. It got scraped or whatever by Michonne in the sword battle. In the comic she guts it out with a spoon while doing unthinkable acts of torture on the guy.

Maggie gets her boob grabbed in the show. In the comic Gov repeatedly and violently rapes Michonne.

Like I said very similar but very different. I'm aware this is on cable so they can't do everything but my main argument with the show is they never build up to the "twist" or the action. In the comic if you're paying attention you can generally see the foreshadowing. In the show they just try following the basic guidelines of the story set out in the comic but never actually give reasons and build up for going from Point A to Point B.

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
You're doing the show wrong here. Clearly he is affected by the loss of his eye. He needed a scoped assault rifle for that kill. With both eyes, he would have capped Moustache with a hand gun fired from the hip.
Someone posted this in the FSR.

rrr_img_15028.jpg

supertouch_sl

shitlord
i'm usually not a stickler (shit, i loved season 2) but the acting has somehow gotten worse and the show has some of the worst character adaptations i can remember. andrea is the most annoying television character of all time and michonne hasn't developed beyond the silent, mysterious woman with a permanent scowl on her face.