The Walking Dead

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I don't know what crack you people are smoking that you think they will kill off Rick.

How is the entire show about Rick? Maybe the comics were but those who have read them keep saying it's moving away from that story.

Why is Rick so vital anyways? It's just a bunch of dumb fucks cowering from zombies. I don't see how a change in leadership in the group would affect the story a whole lot. They could still use the same "plot" points, and I use the word plot very loosely here.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
How is the entire show about Rick? Maybe the comics were but those who have read them keep saying it's moving away from that story.

Why is Rick so vital anyways? It's just a bunch of dumb fucks cowering from zombies. I don't see how a change in leadership in the group would affect the story a whole lot. They could still use the same "plot" points, and I use the word plot very loosely here.
I was getting to the point on previous boards where I thought you were approaching Asstr0 levels of stupid, and I'm starting to think I might be right.

The fucking series is about Rick Grimes. He's the main fucking character. It's about him waking up after the goddamned zombie apocalypse, and his journey. Everyone else is incidental in that. The show fucking ends when Rick dies.

If the story is about Rick, they are doing a poor job with the story. Who gives a fuck about Rick? He doesn't lead the group very well, he's been acting erratically, and the group would be better off without him.

TV shows in the past have changed main characters before. At this point I hope Andrea dies before anybody, but I don't see how Rick is all that important to the group. He's an ineffective leader who doesn't actually plan for shit.

If there wasn't so many people complaining about the show veering away from the comics the story was based on I'd be more inclined to believe it wasn't possible. At this point though, it is just TV and it's not trying to follow the comics entirely, so I'd say it's possible.

PM me any part of the story in the future where Rick does something absolutely essential to the group that nobody else could do and you could maybe change my mind. As it stands, I don't see how Rick is paramount to a story about a random group of people surviving a zombie apocalypse. He just comes across as another random dumb fuck caught up with the group to me.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
He just comes across as another random dumb fuck caught up with the group to me.
Hey funny, same thing I think about you. What a coincidence.

Lets just kill all the characters because you're personally annoyed, eh? Lets just follow zombies around all day, watching them chase down cattle or something. Now that would be compelling TV, right?

Nice straw man.

I could think of ways to make the story actually have a feeling of progression to it. I was and I still am open to being convinced Rick is some how essential to the story.

You can PM me any spoilers you want.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I was getting to the point on previous boards where I thought you were approaching Asstr0 levels of stupid, and I'm starting to think I might be right.

The fucking series is about Rick Grimes. He's the main fucking character. It's about him waking up after the goddamned zombie apocalypse, and his journey. Everyone else is incidental in that. The show fucking ends when Rick dies.
No need to be a dick. Id never suggest that the show would kill off its main lead. At least unless another natural leader enters the group. New black dude 3.0 would makr a good leader but this show wouldnt let him. I doubt he makes ot to the end of the season.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Cutlery when you get on the internet and personally attack complete strangers based on their opinion about a tv show, is it because you got in a fight with your wife, or your boss yelled at you and hurt your feelings?

Rick's dead. Fuck you. He's dying by mid season 4. Dabamfstradomus isn't wrong

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
When you get on the internet and attack complete strangers is it because an Asian hooker shit meow mix on your sheets again?

Fuck you too. The show is about Rick fucking Grimes. That's why Shane's dead. That's why the Governor is gonna die. You're fucking retarded if you think otherwise.

Simas_sl

shitlord
I'm with Cutlery on this one. It doesn't make sense to spend so much time developing Rick only to kill him off. And who would be leader after that? Michonne and Carl are the only ones that really make sense, character wise, and both would be problematic.

I was just making a case for it being possible. Idk how likely Rick being killed is, but I haven't seen anything so far that makes Rick essential to the story.

It would give the story that "nobody is safe" feeling also if he got killed. The story could continue without him imo, but it might not follow the comic's entirely. Although, it has already been established that the TV show doesn't follow the comic books entirely.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
It is highly unlikely that they will kill Rick off, even if they are following a somewhat different path than the comics. Rick is the one who makes most of the hard decisions, especially later on in the series. Rick and a few others have survived for over 100 of the comics, is the main character of the show and the comic, so it doesn't look like he will be killed off anytime soon.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
Is this show worth watching, coming from someone that still reads and loves the comic book, or will it aggravate me? :/

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
The show isin't near the quality of the comics.

Its fun to watch, but hard to tolerate, if that makes sense. The action scenes are usually pretty good. Usually.

The problem with the show is its inconsistency. Plot holes galore, constant effortless headshots, poorly delivered dialogue ect,. I think the show has gotten better as its gone on, especially with season 3, theres a lot of cringe worthy stuff in S1 and S2. If you can watch a TV show without neckbearding about things, youll think its fun.

Fun. Not good. Fun.

Faiona_sl

shitlord
I'd be way more upset if Daryl died than Rick. I'm completely fine with them killing off Andrea though, her character has been annoying since the beginning.

Turkish

Caaaan do
Is this show worth watching, coming from someone that still reads and loves the comic book, or will it aggravate me? :/
Well, I haven't read the comics but this show still aggravates the hell out of me. I'm now watching it only to see everyone die.

Well, I haven't read the comics but this show still aggravates the hell out of me. I'm now watching it only to see everyone die.
1g282a.jpg

1g282a.jpg