The Walking Dead

Goatface

couldn't find it, but don't think anyone has a contract for season 4. remember seeing a blurb about them waiting till after season was over/renewed.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd be way more upset if Daryl died than Rick. I'm completely fine with them killing off Andrea though, her character has been annoying since the beginning.
Which is sad because she was cool in the comics. It seems like Daryl kinda stole the Andrea "character" from the comics.

TWD fans
rolleyes.png

http://www.heavy.com/news/2012/12/co...-walking-dead/

"A passionate fan of the TV show The Walking Dead shot his girlfriend in the back with a rifle on Monday morning after they argued for hours following the mid-season finale. "

rolleyes.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
he looks like an idiot that would argue for hours with his girlfriend over the walking dead. seriously, id be embarrassed to admit i watch this show to my gf even if she watches it herself. she would be like.

GF: oh wow i saw the finale of my favorite show.
me: oh whats that?
GF: the walking dead, its all about zombies, you never saw it before?
me: nope never seen it.
GF: you would love it charlie, you're always watching those zombie flicks like evil dead and return of the living dead.
me: well those are movies, ya know i wouldnt bother watching a tv show version, i bet the zombies are barely on it and the acting is soap opera bad.
GF well i like it.i think it was romantic how daryl cares for his lost lady carol. he put a flower on her grave
me: kills self

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Which is sad because she was cool in the comics. It seems like Daryl kinda stole the Andrea "character" from the comics.
They've shown hints of her comic character, then they fuck it up with her fucking the Governor.

Golt_sl

shitlord
Is this show worth watching, coming from someone that still reads and loves the comic book, or will it aggravate me? :/
I've read/like the comics, and enjoy the show.. but i'm able to look past a lot of its silly shortcomings that is partially TV related, and some of it is just bad writing. But there are a lot of cool moments in the show that I always wanted to see from reading the comics.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Anyone who is trying to rationalize that Lori is still alive because she 'died off screen' and 'no one ever dies off screen that doesn't come back!'. There's a very simple reason she died off screen.. actually SHOWING her own SON kill her would have set off all kinds of overzealous censorship groups and overly sensitive mothers. Just like they were probably uneasy about Lori dying while pregnant, like she did in the comics.

This isn't breaking bad, the writing isn't that devious and complicated. The actress that plays Lori and the actor that plays T-Dog shared a going away party, and neither has more episodes contracted for filming. They are both dead, don't try to figure out some way they might not be, it's not Lost.

Flank_sl

shitlord
I was getting to the point on previous boards where I thought you were approaching Asstr0 levels of stupid, and I'm starting to think I might be right.

The fucking series is about Rick Grimes. He's the main fucking character. It's about him waking up after the goddamned zombie apocalypse, and his journey. Everyone else is incidental in that. The show fucking ends when Rick dies.
Since I cannot reply to the neg you gave me for another post, in response to the neg I gave you for this, I will have to reply here. I was not being an 'anonymous pussy' when I negged you, since you can obviously see that I negged you. Your post here was worthy of a neg, because you were being a stupid prick. if everyone just negs everyone who negs them then the system is completely pointless, but judging by your post here I am not surprised that you are too dense to realise that.

The fucking series is not about Rick Grimes, it is about a dozen or so characters and a bunch of pointless zombies. The series does not need a main character, and little in the show so far has made it out to be Rick's personal journey. A TV show does not need to follow a set formula whereby a random guy becomes an unkillable hero. At this point in the story, Rick's main story arcs have come to fruition, since he has killed Shane and Lori has died. Sure, they could start new arcs, or they could just feed him to a zombie. His character development is not so interesting that it carries the whole show.

Edit: great, you gave me a neutral net...what the fuck is this new system? Can you at least make it a neg so I don't have to delete this post, I kind of liked it.
frown.png

frown.png

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Lets just kill off Dexter, his story arc is done, right? I mean, Rita's dead, so it's cool to take the show in an awesome new direction with Batista's new awesome restaurant right?

I don't know why you guys think that just because the lead character in GoT dies that other shows are going to do the same. GoT isn't about Ned Stark. Walking Dead is about Rick Grimes though, otherwise it would have shown what happened to Lori and Carl and Shane while the zombie apocalypse was going on. There's no two ways around it, the show is done from Rick's perspective and his interaction with other characters. It's not an overarching storyline of a kingdom and what's going on. There is no "Cut to the Los Angeles group to see what's going on over there" scenes because it doesn't matter. The show isn't about anyone else.

And if you can't say it here, you're an anonymous pussy.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Anyone who is trying to rationalize that Lori is still alive because she 'died off screen' and 'no one ever dies off screen that doesn't come back!'. There's a very simple reason she died off screen.. actually SHOWING her own SON kill her would have set off all kinds of overzealous censorship groups and overly sensitive mothers. Just like they were probably uneasy about Lori dying while pregnant, like she did in the comics.

This isn't breaking bad, the writing isn't that devious and complicated. The actress that plays Lori and the actor that plays T-Dog shared a going away party, and neither has more episodes contracted for filming. They are both dead, don't try to figure out some way they might not be, it's not Lost.
Agree with your post, but Lori didn't die while pregnant in the comics. If anything, the way she died in the comics would be even more difficult to show on screen due to the reasons already listed.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Here's the deal: Rick is unkillable in the comics. The comics are about Rick. If you doubt that, you're just being willfully ignorant.

As far as the TV show? I side with Cutlery the asshole about Rick being unkillable there as well. Just like in the comics, he may not be a perfect leader but he makes the decisions that have to be made. Daryl is the wildcard in all of this, though, because he doesn't have a comic equivalent. There is no one else in the comic that is as hard and generally bad ass/survive at all costs as Daryl up to the same point in the comics save Rick himself. I still think that they'd kill Daryl before they killed Rick but I'm biased by the comics.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I'm happy to claim responsibility for starting this argument with a half-hearted prediction (that I'll totally throw in everyone's face if I'm right) and quickly ejected because, you know, it's really dumb to argue back and forth about what might happen on a tv show, a bad tv show at that. Even dumber to actually get angry about it.

P.S. Lori's alive

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you're thinking about watching the show, itcanbe mildly entertaining at times.

Watch season 1, it started off great and ended a little weird, but otherwise good. Skip season 2 - they're on a farm, literally that's the entire season in a few words. THEY ARE ON A MOTHERFUCKING FARM.

Season 3 is pretty good, a lot less whining about shit that doesn't matter and a lot more zombie killing.

Hake_sl

shitlord
If I understand correctly, the Zombies die slowly if they don't eat anything. Zombies cannot reproduce. How can there still be zombies, especially in a half locked prison, 8 months after the start of the epidemic ? What am I missing here ?

Goatface

i think on the show all that has been said, they decay slower when they do eat. assuming they are now cold blooded, walkers could be able to go a year plus without eating if they don't move around that much. the problem is on the show, most of them are shown always shambling around.
so the answer is magic

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
If I understand correctly, the Zombies die slowly if they don't eat anything. Zombies cannot reproduce. How can there still be zombies, especially in a half locked prison, 8 months after the start of the epidemic ? What am I missing here ?
No one knows how long it takes these zombies to go through decomp. And in the comics I don't recall them saying anything about them needing to "eat" to survive.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The maggots and wild animals in the area would have devoured all the zombies in under 3 months. No point trying to realisticaly explain this show.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The maggots and wild animals in the area would have devoured all the zombies in under 3 months. No point trying to realisticaly explain this show.
Of all the stupid shit to complain about with TWD, leave it to Astro to pick on the most innocuous thing possible.