The Walking Dead

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How did the governor die?
after being stabbed through the heart by Michonne with her Katana, he stayed alive around for a bit until Maggie found him so she could deliver an off-scream head shot.

Well im fucking glad that this governor bullshit is finally over. It will be interesting whats up next.

Oh and Quin, its Georgia not Alabama.
ah shit, I even looked it up :/ isn't that basically the same kind of state, though?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its very similar to kentucky.
tongue.png

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I use the fact that it's in Georgia explain a lot of huge character flaws. Why did they do that stupid thing? Well, they are from Georgia.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Even if she didnt shoot his ass, I cannot see anyone surviving that sword penetrating through the gut, stomach area, if it was not even higer up where the heart and lungs are without some modern surgery. At least the writers would have to be stupid to bring him back again. Its time to move on.

But they purposely left it off screen so they could pull some stupid shit.

Also addressing some of the earlier posts about the writing and how they make the peeps do stupid shit. Well I guess I have an easy time with suspending disbelief and this never bothered me. Even in stupid shows like Revolution, which is like 100x worse. Somehow I have no problem with it and all this shit just does not bother me in the slightest. Its entertainment, and Im sure if they made every thing true to life it would not have the same feel, the same entertainment value. Ive actually really enjoyed this show. I watched it all in the last few weeks on netflix and season 4 on torrents. I really like how they explore the interpersonal conflict these characters have with good/bad and how the world around them shapes them from what they were once to what they are presently.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
after being stabbed through the heart by Michonne with her Katana, he stayed alive around for a bit until Maggie found him so she could deliver an off-scream head shot.

ah shit, I even looked it up :/ isn't that basically the same kind of state, though?
They do look a lot alike, but that wasn't maggie, that was whatshername, I can't think of it now, but his new lady that he was bangin'.

Devlin

Golden Squire
I just found it odd that the Governor says "Lets take over that prison, it's secure and we can all live there. Ok the plan to get in is blow the shit out of the place and run the tank over the fences that keep the zombies out."

Not one single person saw the flaw in that plan.

Chesire_sl

shitlord
I just found it odd that the Governor says "Lets take over that prison, it's secure and we can all live there. Ok the plan to get in is blow the shit out of the place and run the tank over the fences that keep the zombies out."

Not one single person saw the flaw in that plan.
The military people were probably second lieutenants or rangers , both noted for seriously over estimating their chances of survival in combat.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont think that was his plan at all. He simply wanted to settle the vendetta and nothing would stop him. Yeah shittty plan to blow holes in the pace you wanted to secure for yourself, but he did give sheriff and ultimatum, and he didnt take it, so what was left to do? Walk away and try to talk things out again some other day? fuck no!

If the plan was really to have the prison, they could of taken the sheriffs offer and lived side by side and then plan to kill the sheriff later if he was really that threatening. The fucker was a mad man, and you dont reason with mad men.

It was never about the prison. It was all about revenge.

Devlin

Golden Squire
I dont think that was his plan at all. He simply wanted to settle the vendetta and nothing would stop him. Yeah shittty plan to blow holes in the pace you wanted to secure for yourself, but he did give sheriff and ultimatum, and he didnt take it, so what was left to do? Walk away and try to talk things out again some other day? fuck no!

If the plan was really to have the prison, they could of taken the sheriffs offer and lived side by side and then plan to kill the sheriff later if he was really that threatening. The fucker was a mad man, and you dont reason with mad men.

It was never about the prison. It was all about revenge.
Yes, that was essentially my point, why did none of the other people he was with say "Hold the fuck up, if we run down the fences an blow holes in the prison surely that actually fucks us over as well even if we win?".

That was the shittiest excuse for a plan ever and not a single person questioned it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its like the governor brainwashed them into doing everything he told them to do, he was their leader not even a day and he had them all dying for a pile of rubble they created.

Ganthorn

N00b
Yes, that was essentially my point, why did none of the other people he was with say "Hold the fuck up, if we run down the fences an blow holes in the prison surely that actually fucks us over as well even if we win?".

That was the shittiest excuse for a plan ever and not a single person questioned it.
The fences can be rebuilt. He even says that so I don't have a huge problem with the fence but what was up with the shooting the tank at no one. Just blowing up random holes in buildings and shit.

Goatface

from tvguide
Don't expect to see too many familiar faces since Rick and Carl take center stage when the AMC drama returns.
could be a misdirection/flashback
While Rick heals from his beating from The Governor ? whom you will see again
pretty sure this is from the comic (Carl related)
Carl will lose something very important to him. (No, not his innocence!)

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
To be fair Carl did kind of lose hold of his childhood during the "On The Road" story arc in the comics. But they may be being literal with what he loses in the comics but that is well beyond the current story arc.