The Walking Dead

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it may have been inconsistent and stupid at times, but i was sporting some serious nerd boner at the end. the way they worked in the zombies and how they kept the pace moving was excellent. a typical WD episode is basically dialogue for ten minutes with a zombie cameo here and there. this episode, the way the zombies were all over the place actually made you feel like you were there feeling the creepiness. best part. a zombie tried to pull that ninja shit and carl actually heard it, turned his fucking head and said, hey a zombie is creeping up on us.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Definitely a better episode. The scenes with Rick and Morgan were great. All the shit with Carl was fucking terrible though. I don't know how you all can stand that fucking kid.

More wtf moments too. They go into that cafe, why not just stab the zombies in the head while they're trying to get the rats? The only reason not to is for suspense as they try to run out. Then they close the doors, and somehow this tiny little kid can hold them shut? Oh wait, he moves later and they STILL can't get through the door. Nor can they break the glass. Show is super inconsistent with shit like that.
Yeah, there were major face palm holes everywhere still. But the bar is so low for this show that it didn't matter. It was miraculously not a soap opera for one week and actually seemed like an honest attempt at a TV drama script.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Only part of the episode that bugged me was why the fuck was Morgan knocked out from getting shot in the lower chest while wearing body armor?

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only part of the episode that bugged me was why the fuck was Morgan knocked out from getting shot in the lower chest while wearing body armor?
Thought this as well. Going to re watch to see if maybe he hit his head when he fell, but he had a helmet on as well I believe.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The first time that he's actually given good advice as well
"Carl, watch The Wire", is how I like to have heard that line
It took a moment, but I lol'ed pretty good at this.
tongue.png

Cybsled

Worst thing was seeing softie Rick come back. Seemed like to stay with the way his character has progressed he'd have had no problem waxing the black dude. I guess this was supposed to be the shock that permanently brought him back into balance or some shit.
He wasn't a softie, as evidenced by the poor dude with the backpack that got munched. He always felt a debt of gratitude to Morgan because he saved Rick's life and taunt him zombie 101, not to mention Morgan put Rick on the path that would eventually lead him back to Lori and Carl. Also, if you listened closely, Rick's pleading with Morgan also was essentially him pleading with himself. Think Frodo in LOTR: He hopes he can save Golem/Smeagle, because he has to hope there is a way he can save himself or someone else can save him when the time comes (from crazytown).

panda_assassin

Molten Core Raider
I'm surprised so many people are calling this a good episode, the whole we have no ammo thing yet we can get into a huge firefight with the governor twice thing was already stupid. Then they just stumble into Morgan who suddenly turned into a doomsday prepper and easily curable mental problems with a armory stockpile from god knows where just seems like a cheap way out (never read the comics so not sure if it's true to form). The only part I really enjoyed about the episode was the whole f you to the hitch hiker.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Sadly that is probably the last time we see Morgan
I'd bet shit tons of money that he shows up later on and fights against the governor. He knows they are at the prison.

When things are looking really bleak for Rick and his group, this dude will show up strapped with guns and body armor and light fools up.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
I'd bet shit tons of money that he shows up later on and fights against the governor. He knows they are at the prison.

When things are looking really bleak for Rick and his group, this dude will show up strapped with guns and body armor and light fools up.
Morgan shows up at a critical point in the battle, headshots the governor right as he's about to kill Rick, camera pans across the prison yard to a grassy hill, cut to close-up of Morgan's face smiling, pulls out to reveal him giving a gigantic thumbs up and shaking the walkie-talkie in his other hand to let Rick know that he's finally been listening. The ghosts of his wife and son appear next to him with both of their faces digitally replaced with Lori's. Jump cut to Rick waking up on the grassy hill, pull out and his horse is tied to a tree beside him. It's one day after the first episode has ended and this whole fucking mess of a show has just been a dream. Rick rides towards Atlanta and the story actually progresses at it's supposed to. My prediction for the finale.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
or if this was a guest director from next season, we never see morgan for the rest of this season and he was just a teaser for season 4 and his place is the gang's new hideout.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm surprised so many people are calling this a good episode, the whole we have no ammo thing yet we can get into a huge firefight with the governor twice thing was already stupid. Then they just stumble into Morgan who suddenly turned into a doomsday prepper and easily curable mental problems with a armory stockpile from god knows where just seems like a cheap way out (never read the comics so not sure if it's true to form). The only part I really enjoyed about the episode was the whole f you to the hitch hiker.
As far as the average walking dead episode goes this was a masterpiece which doesn't say a lot but it shows how much better things could be with a smaller cast and varied locations. Their soap opera prison commune and their angry neighbors can all **** off and it would improve things dramatically (if their writers could navigate the contents of a box anyway
rolleyes.png
).

Best part of episode for me: driving back to loot the rucksack.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Perhaps someone can assist me with the geography, but I'm wondering how they wound themselves back to the town that Rick was the sheriff of? I'm assuming when they went to check the police station, that was the same station that he went to in season one? I guess I'm having a hard time figuring out where everything else is relation to the farm and the prison, then the place they were at last night (guessing woodbury isn't far from the prision).

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Only thing I could figure was she grabbed it at the last second when they flashed to it on the floor. Then she trolled Carl walking around the corner. Sadly that's one of the easiest things to overlook in the series so far.

Rainbow cat doesn't make any fucking sense though.

I think that was the best acting the show has had. Too bad one of the three best actors among the main characters is a fucking pre pubescent kid. Says loads about the show. Carl started down his old annoying path there at one point but Michonne brought the storyline with him back in order. It was almost as if there's a new set of writers doing a mini reboot this week.
I think what they were trying to show was that the door locked, Carl didn't have to hold it shut. The zombies were looking through the glass at Carl which kept them distracted. Michonne told Carl to stay there to act as a diversion as she snuck back inside to grab the rainbow cat and the picture. The only part that really made no sense is how the zombies were incapable of breaking the glass on the door.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
you should also be asking if michonne could sneak in another way then how come the zombies cant escape that way as well? but again it doesnt matter because she foiled the zombies, got carl his mommy pic and she got herself a precious.

Cybsled

Zombies aren't smart. They aren't going to look for an alternate route to get at a human if the human is right in front of them and they can see the human.