The Walking Dead

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It is one thing to say "Fuck other people! Nobody gets in here, shoot them on sight!" but turning the whole setup into a psycho cannibalism gig instead is just ridiculous. Which is why I hope there won't be anymore terminus flashbacks; those people had it rough without a doubt and every right to shoot the fuckers who attacked them.

Doesn't justify the honeypot/human jerky though.
I dont think its at all ridiculous. I think it would be even worse. Humans can be some brutal motherfuckers when given the chance to. Not to mention that pretty much anyone which has survived that long has to be pretty brutal anyway.

Oh and Im sure terminus will be the focus for the better part of this season in one way or another. We are just scraping the very top of the mountain with S5E1.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have to say the most dark episode was the one with the two girls last season. Man that was harsh. The big sister that kills the younger one and then the old lady offs the older one cause shes fucking insane? That was almost a tearjerker for me. Pretty fucking dark if you ask me.
I agree but I think that's as far as it'll go when it comes to kids. That's why when they show any scene that involves Judith (like the guy threatening Tyreese in this last episode) I'm thinking nothing is going to happen because I can't see them killing off a baby. As far as the girls, that's a pretty messed up scene but also teaches an important lesson to Carol that she should of gotten rid of her a long time ago.

Oldbased

> Than U
Well they made it clear that wasn't what Terminus was about , until the thug cannibal group came in killed and ate most of it's people.
Garrett's group managed to take back control but it changed them the same way the prison changed Rick.
Basically fuck being the good guy anymore, if you are not part of my group then fuck you.

I'm still wondering if the group that took Terminus and fucked it all up was part of the same group Daryl ran into, you know teach em, teach em all the way dudes Rick ate.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It still doesnt make sense to become canibals. All the trouble these guys go through to process the " meat" they could easily hunt the local wildlife or become vegans. Ricks crew managed not to be canabals, so it is definitely a choice these guys made not something rhey had to do to survive.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They also managed to survive because they were in a prison with enough food for 250 inmates

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
They also managed to survive because they were in a prison with enough food for 250 inmates
This is the thing though. They're only a year and 1/2 removed from an apocalypse that killed off 90% of humanity. We've seen no issues planting crops or raising farm animals (to some extent). There's also still going to be stuff to scavenge. This isn't a decade out from nuclear winter where you can't even drink water or an asteroid that blackened the skies and killed off vegetation.

This show doesn't really deserve this level of analysis because being hyper realistic certainly hasn't ever been a goal of theirs. I could see a subset of posters from this forum turning to cannibalism pretty much day 1 but in general it's a stretch just for shock value. Whatever though.

Tenks

Cannibalism storylines are synonymous with TWD. It has now been in TWD s1 video game, TWD comics and TWD TV show.

I also think people are very much underestimating the decay in humanity that can take place. I'm also sure many people in Terminus just turned a blind eye and "Didn't watch the sausage get made" but were just happy to have fresh meat on the table. But I'll also agree it is a bit far fetched. Deers would be running rampant if something like a zombie outbreak occurred.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well if we were to examine this, why would there be animals left if the zombies will eat anything alive in site? Its pretty safe to say that the animals would of been picked off by the zombies as well as the people left, right?

Also planting shit will get you some stuff, but imagine the fenced off area you would need to feed 20-30 people for an extended period of time? Never mind an entire compound of people. And raising animals you need to feed them too, right? where is that food coming from? more farms? where?

Cannibalism would definitely be a last resort type of thing, but all it takes is 1 or 2 crazies that are the leaders of a group and youre eating Bill and Nancy.

Tenks

It would be really hard for a zombie to kill a prey animal IMO. They are designed to hear, see and escape. It would take a level of execution zombies are not capable of achieving to take one down.

but all it takes is 1 or 2 crazies that are the leaders of a group and youre eating Bill and Nancy.
This is really the truth of it. Most people, despite what they claim on the internet, would fall in and just be followers in a situation like this. And if the boss man is providing food you won't really care where it is coming from.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
You also need to think about the beginning of the zpoc, 90% didn't die immediately. During the first weeks the food shipments would stop, just imagine yourself as a truck driver or food processing plant worker watching zombie news and thinking "should I go to work today or protect my family?". Grocery stores everywhere would have bare shelves in a day or two.

(I cant believe Im defending TWD logic)

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
If you're in that world, and you're eating people a year and 1/2 into it, you have issues.
Truthfully I think in that world you would start seeing cannibal groups pop up in 4 or 5 months. The wild game would be hunted to near extinction by the survivors, and all the food would be in Iowa.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well maybe not 4-5 months out, but after a year? Two? I could see it. There is only so much canned food you can scrounge and most people could not hunt an animal even if they had AK47 fully auto.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There arent enough people for the game to be decimated. Also zombie cant catch a crippled old man. They aint catching a deer.

Oldbased

> Than U
Not everyone is a Daryl though. It would probably be easier to find people to kill than hunting wildlife for most people. Hell if this was on HBO or something we would probably see rape chambers too.
At this point they got 14+baby running around. They need 40,000 calories a day at least and about 30 gallons of water a day as well. That is a lot of resources when you are on the road running from dead things wanting to eat you which is why they haven't ever made it very far. Without the resources what can you do.

Cybsled

Zombies in WD do eat any animal. Let us not forget that deer don't have the ability to barricade a home and chill out. Eventually the deer will get tired due to having to book it constantly and get eaten.

The cannibal angle was really more of a commentary on the banality of evil. They basically put themselves in one camp (butcher) and everyone else in another (cattle). They stopped seeing other survivors as people and started seeing them as "non-human".

dak

Zombies in WD do eat any animal. Let us not forget that deer don't have the ability to barricade a home and chill out. Eventually the deer will get tired due to having to book it constantly and get eaten.
Yeah, this is pretty much how humans hunted for thousands of years.

The animal outruns you but as long as you have more endurance and can keep moving towards it, eventually it will get tired and give up.

A deer isn't going to be able to outrun a horde of zombies over the course of several hours unless it can get far enough away that it can't be tracked.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is the thing though. They're only a year and 1/2 removed from an apocalypse that killed off 90% of humanity. We've seen no issues planting crops or raising farm animals (to some extent). There's also still going to be stuff to scavenge. This isn't a decade out from nuclear winter where you can't even drink water or an asteroid that blackened the skies and killed off vegetation.

This show doesn't really deserve this level of analysis because being hyper realistic certainly hasn't ever been a goal of theirs. I could see a subset of posters from this forum turning to cannibalism pretty much day 1 but in general it's a stretch just for shock value. Whatever though.
The problem is you have to scavenge it, out in a world where there are zombies, and even more dangerous, other people. The ppl in terminus were soft as baby shit. Notice how quickly things went to shit when a herd came their way. It seems they were taken over with no resistance by the ppl in the flashbacks and notice all the ppl with the automatic weapons killing zombies, when rick gunned them down from behind, were firing from the hip - untrained and wasting lots of ammo. If they do show more flashbacks in terminus it'll be interesting to see how gareth and family took it back, guessing a lot of the ppl who took them over were out scavenging and they used that to their advantage. If the ppl of terminus had to scavenge they would be long dead, so instead they did the honey pot strategy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, this is pretty much how humans hunted for thousands of years.

The animal outruns you but as long as you have more endurance and can keep moving towards it, eventually it will get tired and give up.

A deer isn't going to be able to outrun a horde of zombies over the course of several hours unless it can get far enough away that it can't be tracked.
i dont want to get into a whole thing because this is not just a zombie tv show, but a dumb one. but zombies in general do not have tracking abilities and their memories or senses arent very good either. they go by sound, they hear a sound coming from a direction, they head in that direction. they can smell meat or blood, but only short range. so basically a deer can easily evade a zombie as long as its out of normal human range of sight, sound and smell.