The Walking Dead

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

npos_sl

shitlord
Had to come out of lurking for this since this is the best game I've played in a while and everyone deserves to experience it. The save game problem is that at the end of each chapter, the game "Saves" the results to the prefs.prop file in one folder, and when it starts up, it reads that same shit from a different folder. So you just have to copy the file from the save folder to the read folder after each episode. Better details here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/...d.php?p=661539

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
You could probably skip the dialog and beat the entire game in like 1.5 hours. I wouldn't imagine it would take too long to get back to where the save corrupted.
How do you skip dialog? I want to replay the game with different decisions, but don't wanna sit through 95% dialog and 5% game for a second time.

To my surprise, I loved this game. I don't like these types of games normally, but the story-telling and decision making difficulties really pull you in. Like when I pitchforked that guy in the chest and Clementine runs out and sees it, I actually felt regret.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Really enjoyed 1-4 but found #5 to be very subpar to the rest.
It was shorter for sure and there were fewer choices because it was more a culmination of the choices you already made but I still enjoyed it. I liked the twist at the end for who was on the other end of the radio. I liked the ending where Lee died. I'd agree it wasn't as good as the others, mainly because it's purpose was tying up loose ends, but still didn't feel cheated by it.

Radge_sl

shitlord
Walking Dead Season 2 got released this morning. Still as awesome and as horrific as the first season. Pissed off Clem rules.

Still. Not. Bitten.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Heh, at the rate Telltale got things done when they were only working on a single game, I can't wait to see how absurdly long we have to wait between episodes of Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead S2 while they also develop Borderlands and Game of Thrones at the same time. They already got me with Wolf Among Us before announcing all the other games, and ep. 2 of that will now be out in January at the absolute earliest; definitely not giving them any more money until their games are complete from now on.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Theyvevalways worked on many titles concurrently, Sam and max Wallace and gromit, monkey island all overlapped, walking dead overlapped with jurrassic park and back to the future. I'm too lazy to look up a wiki, but they're pretty much the only game company that ever pulled off episodic gaming successfully, if you count each episode as a separate game, hell they've released like 50 games in the last 6 years

P.s. the only game of theirs I did not like is Jurassic park, everything else I'd rate at least 75% or better, including some of the lamer Sam and max episodes.

Vorph

Wolf Among Us was delayed from Q1 2012 to Oct. 2013 even before the first episode was released, mainly due to Walking Dead. Ep. 2 was supposed to come in November or early December, and now the earliest we'll see it is January (maybe), and I fully expect it to get pushed aside further as they fall behind on Walking Dead S2 episodes just like they did with S1. I foolishly bought into it because I thought such a massive delay meant that they had learned from their mistakes with TWD S1 and had multiple episodes mostly ready to go with much shorter gaps between them.

They take on took much work for the size of their company and the games suffer for it, both in timely release schedules and in quality. Walking Dead S1 was completely unplayable for a significant portion of their customers--including myself--from ep. 2 to ep. 5 without using a crack. Either the game wouldn't run at all, or it wouldn't save your decisions at the end of each episode. Basically, their DRM was broken and despite threads on their support forum with hundreds of posts reporting the issue they did nothing about it until the very last patch the game received.

Cybsled

I haven't downloaded this yet, but does the 400 days bonus chapter from the 1st one influence the 2nd game, or is the 2nd game just a clean slate?

Vorph

400 Days FAQ:
Will my choices in Season 1 affect 400 Days and will my choices in 400 Days affect Season 2?

Yes. 400 Days will check to see if you have a Season 1 save file. The decisions you made in Season 1 will have an effect on your 400 Days experience. And yes.choices made in 400 Days will resonate in Season 2.
Take with a grain of salt as always with claims about decisions mattering, generally it's a safe bet that it will be cosmetic only.

If you liked TWD you should play 400 days before season 2 regardless. It was pretty well done overall and a nice change of pace from their standard formula. And it's only like $2.50, and only takes about as long as ep.5 (read: much shorter than eps. 1-4) to play through.

Cybsled

Ya I played 400 days, but I was trying to get the ending where everyone joins the group. I could never get the prisoner to join, although I later found out it's because you have to shoot the rapist's foot instead of the white collar criminal.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
The only thing from 400 days I noticed in season 2 was
Roman being left on the river bank with all the other corpses

Neph_sl

shitlord
I can't believe that

only 30% of people refused water to the dying guy at the end. The dude was obviously gone and you wanted to get close to him? F that noise. Keep that water for yourself.

Also, that fucking dog. Why did they have to bring a fucking dog into it, just for us to kill it 5 minutes later. I was hoping for Clem to have a friend this season.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I can't believe that

only 30% of people refused water to the dying guy at the end. The dude was obviously gone and you wanted to get close to him? F that noise. Keep that water for yourself.

Also, that fucking dog. Why did they have to bring a fucking dog into it, just for us to kill it 5 minutes later. I was hoping for Clem to have a friend this season.
I was really hoping what you just stated in the spoiler.

I was hoping I could have had a different choice to make sure the dog didn't attack me. It would have been nice to have a companion like that. It would have been heart wrenching, but what they should have done was have the dog be your new best friend, only to see him save your life in episode 4 or 5. That would have been so heart wrenching, but so in the spirit of the walking dead.

I think they really missed out there on that one.

Cybsled

So episode 2

I wasn't expecting Kenny to be alive. I felt bad about burning the crayon drawing of his family at the start. I wonder if that changes anything? Bonnie from 400 Days also showed up, which is interesting...obviously she isn't with the other people, which makes you wonder if the community they went to at the end of that bonus episode was Carver's, or a different one. Feels like Nick is on borrowed time constantly. I was able to save his life because I showed him the photo, told the truth to the teacher dude, and said he was a good guy.

Forbin_sl

shitlord
So episode 2

I wasn't expecting Kenny to be alive. I felt bad about burning the crayon drawing of his family at the start. I wonder if that changes anything? Bonnie from 400 Days also showed up, which is interesting...obviously she isn't with the other people, which makes you wonder if the community they went to at the end of that bonus episode was Carver's, or a different one. Feels like Nick is on borrowed time constantly. I was able to save his life because I showed him the photo, told the truth to the teacher dude, and said he was a good guy.
Overall episode 2 was kinda meh, but i like what they set up for the rest of the season.

and cybsled....
Nick died in my playthrough