The What Makes America Great thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
s-l300.jpg

might as well move this to screenshots

Apparently hating America is all the latest trend.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free. No other country in the world could that be said in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
We have a bunch of American Patriots on this forum and I thought it would be worthwhile just to come together and celebrate why America is the best country in the world.

Obviously there's freedom of speech and all the big ones but share some of the small things too that you think makes America great.

Some reasons why I think America is great:
1. Convenience, out of everywhere I've been no other country has the luxury of consumer convenience we have. If I want just about anything I can get it in under 15 minutes.
2. Guns and barbecue. Guns are awesome and America by far has the best barbecue in the world. Couple the two together and you have an amazing day of activity that any American loving Patriot would enjoy.
3. Freedom of speech. This one is obvious but I think it's worth pointing out due to other "Western" countries beginning to suppress speech.
Your dumbass post is what makes America great

Out of 195 countries/nations on Planet Earth only one nation has True Freedom of Speech
138d229f167b69f434bed3e48c01463a.png

Just b/c you live in a country with other white ppl that is Not America, does NOT mean you have Freedom of Speech, sure you can talk freely, but that's mainly cuz of white privilege, until groups of minorities and fags and queers and camel fuckers shut you down.

Sure you listed Freedom of Speech, but your dumbass post highlights it. If you utter "make britain great again" on facebook, you goto jail cuz it's anti-islamic.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Your dumbass post is what makes America great

Out of 195 countries/nations on Planet Earth only one nation has True Freedom of Speech
138d229f167b69f434bed3e48c01463a.png

Just b/c you live in a country with other white ppl that is Not America, does NOT mean you have Freedom of Speech, sure you can talk freely, but that's mainly cuz of white privilege, until groups of minorities and fags and queers and camel fuckers shut you down.

Sure you listed Freedom of Speech, but your dumbass post highlights it. If you utter "make britain great again" on facebook, you goto jail cuz it's anti-islamic.

I think we're on the same side bro? I pretty much stated America is the only country in the world with true freedom of speech.....

• 1Salty

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I think we're on the same side bro? I pretty much stated America is the only country in the world with true freedom of speech.....
we are, but i provided a cooler graphic in lieu of none provided.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
we are, but i provided a cooler graphic in lieu of none provided.

Ah. Fair enough.

This is one of the reasons why I'm starting MAGA. I honestly think the Euro thread redpilled me more than the politics. I started to see what America could become. Shit like that where you get arrested for free speech.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
As an outside observer from Canuckia, Freedom of Speech is what makes the US the US which manifests in several unique ways.

a) The US at least traditionally viewed people who got offended as weak and unfit for leadership. If you can't handle the truth then you have no business being in leadership.
b) Americans are viewed as rude by some cultures, but in reality Americans just tell it like it is which is completely foreign to cultures concerned with maintaining face.

Every conversation worth having is inherently offensive, so you need an environment that allows people to have their ideas and speak their mind regardless of how other people may take it. America as a nation is founded on this premise and benefits from it greatly because you can't move yourself forward if you're so conservative that you can't even entertain ideas that challenge the normal workings of society. Freedom of Speech allows the US to reinvent itself as breaks, which is why is it's crucial that speech be as free as possible. I was never surprised that the most economically successful country is the one with the freest speech and I don't think those two things are in anyways inseparable.

I'm kind of taken aback at the people who hate this thread. I think this is an interesting topic and understanding it goes a long way in selling people on western values and why conceptually freedom of speech is so important to the foundation of our society.

• 3Like
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 3 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
As an outside observer from Canuckia, Freedom of Speech is what makes the US the US which manifests in several unique ways.

a) The US at least traditionally viewed people who got offended as weak and unfit for leadership. If you can't handle the truth then you have no business being in leadership.
b) Americans are viewed as rude by some cultures, but in reality Americans just tell it like it is which is completely foreign to cultures concerned with maintaining face.

Every conversation worth having is inherently offensive, so you need an environment that allows people to have their ideas and speak their mind regardless of how other people may take it. America as a nation is founded on this premise and benefits from it greatly because you can't move yourself forward if you're so conservative that you can't even entertain ideas that challenge the normal workings of society. Freedom of Speech allows the US to reinvent itself as breaks, which is why is it's crucial that speech be as free as possible. I was never surprised that the most economically successful country is the one with the freest speech and I don't think those two things are in anyways inseparable.

I'm kind of taken aback at the people who hate this thread. I think this is an interesting topic and understanding it goes a long way in selling people on western values and why conceptually freedom of speech is so important to the foundation of our society.

I'll sponsor you're visa if you ever wanna come over. Friggin Patriot people. 🇺🇲

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dunno if we are taking this post serious or not...

I recently picked up this book and it very much jibes with my feelings about how the concept of "America" and what makes it "great" or even just what makes it "America" is a p0lace and idea created by the 17th century Puritans.

in the UK the 17th century Puritan Revolution only went so far as it eventually could not 100% overcome the inertia of half a millennia. However in America, these ideas and ideals of the Puritans did not have such resistance to contend with and so were able to take root, grow a new society/culture and outlive Puritanism by centuries,.

For instance, The great founding documents of this nation. Whilst they understandably did not want to make them seem to Anglo at the time, Are pretty much all adaptations of 17th-century Puritan documents and thought. The 1640s era "An Agreement of the people" as one example was too radical and too much change even in a time of revolution in England, with it's ideas like sovereignty and authority existing the p0eople of a nation who elect representatives to exercise it. Freedom of press, Freedom of religion, Equality under the law, Universal male suffrage, the right to a speedy and fair trial regular parliaments, Right to bear arms ect.. In America, these formed the pillars of society

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users