The White Lotus

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks like it is missing two huge assets that the first one had.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The son is a total waste, the friend of Sweeney's that tagged along on the trip was even worse.

The son is one of the best characters on the show. He's the only one that actually ends up enjoying the resort and vacation. The rest of the people all have their heads up their asses.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Right? The kids whole arc is he was forced to abandon his screen time and actually enjoy the world, and found more joy and fulfillment joining a rowing team than he gets in his hallow existence back home. Hes kind of a fag but that whole part made sense.

The daughters friend was so cringe the whole show that I wouldnt recommend it.

Steve Zahn is great. The Manager is HILARIOUS.

All in all its a perfect example of a 7/10, if you need something to watch its nice, dont go out of your way to see it over other things. gave me and my wife a few nights worth of TV time before I shove her off to bed so I can play xbox.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Slow start. I thought they were heavy handed with this seasons rich privileged white male douche. But by the end of the episode they did a good job at making you wonder whether the other couple were the actual douches.

Lecherous grandfather is cringe fest

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Not feeling this season or any of the characters.

The interactions between the two main couples is still too heavy handed

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Better episode than the first two, feels like this season has found its groove.

Just like the first season there are moments where it feels like the show is playing both sides of the social justice coin. Injecting enough woke commentary here and there to make big brains explode whilst also showing how the woke characters aren't necessarily right or going to get what they want.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This season is heating up, tonight's episode got a few lols out of me. Especially the raging passive aggressiveness of Harper

Wondering who the three dead bodies are going to be. I think one of the hookers gets it, the dead whore with a heart is a trope

Last edited:

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Great episode. Did not see that ending coming. Weird that they are just making every hotel manager in this series gay.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Great episode. Did not see that ending coming. Weird that they are just making every hotel manager in this series gay.

Her storyline is the worst of the lot, so cringe.

Did you not see anything weird about the young, attractive, straight guy on holiday with a bunch of raging homosexuals, or did it just remind you of your own youth so you thought nothing of it?

Thanks for finally commenting on the season btw. Were you waiting for someone else to comment to avoid looking like it was just me and you in a room (of an extravagant Italian villa)? Understandable if so.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Wife and I decided to give this a show a chance, binged S1 and have 2Eps left in s2.

I think this show is fucking hilarious, I am honestly surprised it hasn't picked up more traction on this board.

• 1Solidarity

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I think this show is fucking hilarious, I am honestly surprised it hasn't picked up more traction on this board.

Like I said it's a highly nuanced and balanced take on wokeness, having characters that promote woke ideas and characters that don't. The woke characters aren't idealised and are just as flawed as the rest

The nuance is probably too subtle for most here

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I thought there were only 6 episodes this season, I was wrong there will be 9.

Latest episode really moved the season along IMHO, I think we are in for a great episode next week. Big reveals of husband being that Gay Cowboy etc.

While I do LOVE Aubrey Plaza, as of right now I liked S1 more. Will reserve final judgement for the end of the season.

Xevy

Log Wizard
This show is one of those shows where you hate every character, but love the show. The only two characters I don't think COMPLETELY suck are maybe Portia and Asian dude. Even if Asian dude is a bit Pussa, he seems like the only decent person who basically suffers because everyone else around him sucks. Daphne's alright too, since I guess he only has a baby daddy because her husband fucks around in the first place.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The only two characters I don't think COMPLETELY suck are maybe Portia and Asian dude. Even if Asian dude is a bit Pussa, he seems like the only decent person who basically suffers because everyone else around him sucks.

The first episodes established that Ethan and Aubrey Plaza look down on Cameron and Wife, and think they're intellectually superior.

While I do LOVE Aubrey Plaza,

I've not seen anything else shes been in but she's growing on me. Last two episodes she really nailed the passive-aggressive pissed off wife. Literally lolling a week later at remembering "yahhh lets do some molly and raaaaage" line.

I think S1 was better as all the characters seemed to work. The hotel manager storyline is zzzz in S2. The Albie, Dad and Grandfather storyline is uninteresting whenever the hooker isn't around