The Wire: Greatest Show Ever Made

khalid

Unelected Mod
I would say my order goes...

4>3>2==1>>5

Thing that really made me roll my eyes when I read it awhile back on wikipedia...
"Much of the waterfront storyline from the second season is edited out from the BET broadcasts.[106]"

iannis

Musty Nester
Bedie in her sharp-as-razors pants suits keep season 2 from being the worst one single-pantsedly.

I just don't like the Polaks. I'm racist against shitbirds.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
HEY LADIES!

rrr_img_33783.jpg

Szlia

The only problem I have with the dock storyline is that it starts and stops in season 2 while all the other storyline are additional layers that paint a picture of the city that is more and more complex.... well I write that but... the school system possibly also lasts one season or?

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
pretty sure the school system only runs through season 4 while the main kids mike, namond etc carry on into season 5. but indeed, the bulk of that is season 4.

there was nowhere to go with the dock after frank's death. the self-contained aspect of season 2 works well against the other seasons. it's hard to say which one's the best. definitely 2-3-4. somewhere in there. has no one mentioned hamsterdam?! friggin Hamsterdam

5 gets ragged on, but it's got some serious pay-offage w/ mcnulty going full loose canon, omar/mike, bubs/dookie, jenny/jenny,
rrr_img_33988.jpg

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The only problem I have with the dock storyline is that it starts and stops in season 2 while all the other storyline are additional layers that paint a picture of the city that is more and more complex.... well I write that but... the school system possibly also lasts one season or?
That is exactly how I would describe Season 2. It added layers to the city, showing that it is much more than just West Baltimore. And it gave a more full picture of what is happening. The political connections, the foreign connections, etc. And it built up Prop Joe and Cheese.

PosterOfStuff_sl

shitlord
That is exactly how I would describe Season 2. It added layers to the city, showing that it is much more than just West Baltimore. And it gave a more full picture of what is happening. The political connections, the foreign connections, etc. And it built up Prop Joe and Cheese.
That is what is so solid about the Wire. It was not afraid to move on to something else. Season 5 for me has been a lot weaker but at least it isn't the same old thing.

Other T.V shows get onto a good thing and then will never break away just play it safe for the advertising dollars.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I just got through season 1 and shed a little tear when that skinny kid got his face/brain shot by his own boys. Thug life ain't right

iannis

Musty Nester
Oh, it's good writing and a good fit for the series. All of the characters feel authentic, it gives us a sense of time passing while Barksdale is in prison, it furthers the connections of the drug trade, it makes the city of baltimore more relevant than just it's slums.

Christ, I wish I've never known guys like Izzy but we've all known guys like Izzy. And they made me look at Izzy's dick. More than once. Put that shit in spoiler tags, jackasses. And it NEVER paid off with bedie boobies. I cannot forgive season 2 for that.

Polak shitbirds.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
1=2=3=4>5

I don't really know what to say about 5 other than I can watch it and enjoy myself but don't think it's anywhere near as good. I think that season just suffers all around. They're rushed trying to end the show, so you don't see the newspaper guys developed anywhere near the level of the theme in the previous seasons. It was 2-3 episodes shorter than any of the previous 4. McNulty goes bat shit. Now I laugh at some of those moments, like when he gets his FBI profile read back to him, but overall it just isn't the same. I do stand up and cheer when Slim Charles does what he does in the ending montage.

You can rank 1-4 however you want though. They're all the same quality.