The Wire: Greatest Show Ever Made

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, if he was getting high, as in had a fet or opioid hbit, he wouldnt have died from cocaine laced with fet.

But, if he did not have a dope habit, and just randomly consumed some cocaine cut with fet? I can see it happening. My 18 yr old cousin died from snorting Fentanyl.

billymain

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
RIP
1631054656235.png

1631054579938.png

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Shit happens when you cut heroine with crap, same with cocaine. (fentanyl)

Fentanyl's not a cutting agent that's used in cocaine. If it's in there it's not a deliberate cut, the 2 drugs are opposites, you'd know instantly if you took cocaine cut with Fentanyl. Not saying it doesn't happen but it's pretty unlikely a drug dealer would deliberately use it as a cut when there's cheaper, easier to source cutting agents for cocaine. A dealer selling you fentanyl and coke mixed is selling you a speedball, one of the most dangerous combinations you can take in drugs.

It's mostly used in heroin as a cut as it's far more potent than the actual heroin itself and is cheaper to manufacture. Most junkies will use straight up Fentanyl in place of heroin these days as it's much cheaper than even the shittiest mexican tar heroin.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hosix

All labs matter!
So I am home with a sinus infection and what is on HBO today? All of season 1.

Best sick day ever with Bunk and Mcnulty.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
And now of course I've started rewatching the show at work. Even the opening scene about Snotboogie is great.

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!

I know it’s above in the baseball clip? But I had totally forgot when he said in the show.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
And now of course I've started rewatching the show at work. Even the opening scene about Snotboogie is great.

I started a rewatch the other day and that opening scene is excellent.

"If Snotboogie always stole the money, why'd you let him play?"

"Got to, this is America man"

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I started a rewatch the other day and that opening scene is excellent.

"If Snotboogie always stole the money, why'd you let him play?"

"Got to, this is America man"

I just started this for the first time.

Loved that line.

I miss America

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Season 1 was great, 2 & 3 were ok, 4 was bad, 5 was complete shit.

This show went woke as fuck in season 5.

• 3Picard
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Proof positive that idiots will complain about everything being woke, even the greatest tv show ever that was made pre woke was even a thing

Can't wait to hear the evidence for being woke - black Asian mixed lesbian cop? -
- too many black characters?
- Stringer Bell going to business school?
- black cop Daniels in charge of unit?
- black Mayor?

Sterling

El Presidente
Season 5 definitely wasn't up to standards. Has nothing to do with being woke. Just a lot of the newspaper shit and the fake serial killer bullshit was real dumb.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
/shrug

Rewatch it.

s05 got clowny, but it was overtly woke at that point. The last 4 eps or so even my wife was getting tired of it and told me to just go read what happens so she wouldnt have to watch it. The news reporter was insufferable for sure. I liked the editor, and his fat dictionary buddy. But the reporter, and the 2 main bosses at the paper were painful to watch.

Ossoi Ossoi Yuri was doing interviews about subversion of our society in the 80s, critical theory was in America in the 70s, Yuri defected in the 60s, so the Soviets were pushing subversion etc prior to 1964 via funding of unions etc, Frankfurt school shit was early 1900s. Stick to what you know. Beastiality and sucking cocaine off dicks.

• 1EyeRoll

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
/shrug

Rewatch it.

s05 got clowny, but it was overtly woke at that point. The last 4 eps or so even my wife was getting tired of it and told me to just go read what happens so she wouldnt have to watch it. The news reporter was insufferable for sure. I liked the editor, and his fat dictionary buddy. But the reporter, and the 2 main bosses at the paper were painful to watch.

Ossoi Ossoi Yuri was doing interviews about subversion of our society in the 80s, critical theory was in America in the 70s, Yuri defected in the 60s, so the Soviets were pushing subversion etc prior to 1964 via funding of unions etc, Frankfurt school shit was early 1900s. Stick to what you know. Beastiality and sucking cocaine off dicks.

Failing to understand what "woke" is helps keep woke alive. People who call everything woke are as bad as the people who call everything racist.

Edit: One of the great things about The Wire is it manages to address serious social issues with depth and honesty, without resorting to "wokeness."

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Lol, would you be less upset if I said "It was such a progressive show!"?