The Wire: Greatest Show Ever Made

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Even before Bug's dad shows up, you can see how fucked up Michael is in the scenes with Cutty. Michael is terrified of him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I thought it was established Chris was molested as a kid, thus why he beat the shit out of fucker who molested Michael.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The respect the female school staff command from even the worst kids just highlights the missing father figures in all these kids lives.

This show is brilliant

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I always thought S4 was the best, because of the "full circle" nature of the kids progressing to become the next generation.

Anyway, I've only ever watched it all the way through once. It's the TV equivalent of climbing Everest as the early episodes of S1 are so hard to get through, downloading the blu-rays and gonna make a serious attempt to get through it

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I've always felt sequencing the seasons is all a bunch of just whatever flavor you prefer. As long as everyone agrees that Season 5 is a pretty significant drop off.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I've always felt sequencing the seasons is all a bunch of just whatever flavor you prefer. As long as everyone agrees that Season 5 is a pretty significant drop off.
Everything to do with the mayor’s office is boring and unrelated with the rest of what’s happening. It’s suppose to be a season focusing on the outdated fallacies of the media but it keeps going back to what’s happening with the big wigs in city hall which they already covered greatly in a previous season.

They only tie it in with the fallout of the project tombs and the fake serial killer, both of which I’d rather watch more of than little finger griping behind a desk about how much support he’s going to get in the governor’s election.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I think the best summarization of the series is Bodie and McNulty talking in the park. How the "game" changes you and how him and Bodie are both just pawns in a bigger game that they have no say or chance for change in direction.

"I feel old.."

• 5Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I watched S1E01 last night and it's definitely a lot easier to watch in 1080p widescreen than 480p 4:3

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Everything to do with the mayor’s office is boring and unrelated with the rest of what’s happening. It’s suppose to be a season focusing on the outdated fallacies of the media but it keeps going back to what’s happening with the big wigs in city hall which they already covered greatly in a previous season.

They only tie it in with the fallout of the project tombs and the fake serial killer, both of which I’d rather watch more of than little finger griping behind a desk about how much support he’s going to get in the governor’s election.

well it ties in that the money for police get disappeared into the school hole, and though they COULD get the money, it wouldn't be politically advantageous to do so, and so they keep the police underfunded, despite carcetti rising to mayor by focusing on crime. it all ties into the slow death of a city. the bad part of season 5 has more to do with the whole serial killer thing is a bit too far-fetched in how mcnulty manages to fool the whole city into going along.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He is an amazing creator.

Its amazing how even his show the Corner holds up today. The Wire is a masterpiece, and The Corner was kind of him finding the story he wanted to tell. He opened the story up and expanded it into the police side of things. That time in life was so crazy. 1997-2005 was an incredible time to be coming of age.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
David Simon is one of my Gods

Too bad he got severe TDS and decided to defend the same kind of crooked politicians he scorned in his show when Trump pointed out how crooked inner city politicians are.

• 5Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
My favorite will always been season 4 because of how the kids progress from acting like normal children (playing pranks, getting into scuffles, acting up in school) to that dark turn about 3/4th of the way through. Michael starts to become a legit killer, Namond realizes what the “life” he tries so hard to pretend to be in is really about and how the game really destroys all the families around it. That really unruly young kid lashing out and talking about finding his mom dead just gets to me every time.

Chris beating Michael’s step dad to death is still one of the most savage things in the entire series.

Don't forget Dukie almost getting his life turned around then ending up on the corner slinging. Ending of S5 was even worse when he gets on the needle.

• 3Solidarity

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Don't forget Dukie almost getting his life turned around then ending up on the corner slinging. Ending of S5 was even worse when he gets on the needle.
3E500925-4A45-4274-AB63-CB06D7E4821F.jpeg

That boy ain’t got no luck...