The Witcher

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Unsubbing from Netflix over a show you don't agree with is like refusing to shop at a grocery store because you don't like their russet potato selection.

It's being produced by Netflix, so no, it's not like that at all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Grocery stores have their own brands of items as well Dom.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I've filled my quota of arguing against stupid shit for the month. Gotta time the derails out. I am a merciful autist.

-

Casting choice for Yennefer: Fappable or not? Go!

Last edited by a moderator:

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm picky about my Yennifer, not Kate Beckinsale, nofap

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Just admit you made a stupid statement and let's move on.

I'm with Khane here. Still a lot of good Netflix material. Looking forward to starting Stranger Things when I get home.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Once they remake A Clockwork Orange I’m fucking gone.

Viddy well brothers

Viddy fuckin well

9AD9E4AD-42B1-4711-8458-D6088479ED55.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
The chick they've cast as Yen looks alright.. I don't have a problem with it, but then I typically don't care how brown the cast members of the TV shows I watch are.

I'm much more interested to find out if the writers have any talent.
The head writer/producer also wrote and co produced umbrella academy and some of the marvel netflix, plus she wrote for the west wing.. all of this is a good sign imo.
The main director has got plenty of impressive TV directing credits.
The rest of the writers no idea, but it looks like Lauren Schmidt has written a lot of good stuff, including two wonderful episodes of umbrella academy.

The dick armour is not a good sign, but all in all I'm cautiously optimistic about this show.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Once they remake A Clockwork Orange I’m fucking gone.

Viddy well brothers

Viddy fuckin well

View attachment 213896

View attachment 213897
what? a clockwork orange in da hood? staring ice cube, ice t, ice maker, icey hot and Ru Paul, the ices' can't accept Ru Paul for what he really is, and he goes through and he has to endure trans conversion therapy, instead of spreading his eyes open, they just put a HTC vibe on his head.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
This show is dead on arrival from the start, I think video game companies should take a lesson when adapting their IP into a movie or show, don't let Nutflix handle it, they'll just srew everything up.

BubbySoup

Golden Knight of the Realm
This show is dead on arrival from the start, I think video game companies should take a lesson when adapting their IP into a movie or show, don't let Nutflix handle it, they'll just srew everything up.
I've not read much about the show - is it based more around the video game or the books?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm picky about my Yennifer, not Kate Beckinsale, nofap

Netlfix's The Witcher is a typical "hang up the star and let's save on the rest" production, once you've secured one / two A list actors there's no way you're gonna hire more A listers unless you want to start to cut costs / recast if more seasons happen. If the show fails there's no question but if the show gets more seasons you'd want to be sure to retain most actors and don't want them doing other major gigs and fucking up your production schedule.

We're talking about Netflix, they now have a TV shows development department, they won't spend $200m on a polish written fantasy project which happened to become successful video games. They're preparing themselves for both Disney and Warner streaming services, It's not Amazon and their "find it yourselves" TV show policy, they want visibility and they'll make sure they'll get it with the money they intend it to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Netlfix's The Witcher is a typical "hang up the star and let's save on the rest" production, once you've secured one / two A list actors there's no way you're gonna hire more A listers unless you want to start to cut costs / recast if more seasons happen. If the show fails there's no question but if the show gets more seasons you'd want to be sure to retain most actors and don't want them doing other major gigs and fucking up your production schedule.

We're talking about Netflix, they now have a TV shows development department, they won't spend $200m on a polish written fantasy project which happened to become successful video games. They're preparing themselves for both Disney and Warner streaming services, It's not Amazon and their "find it yourselves" TV show policy, they want visibility and they'll make sure they'll get it with the money they intend it to.

So they will take no risks, shun quality control, and make bland woke garbage all while their most watch content is taken to directly competing services.

Sounds like a recipe for success.

• 2Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Unsubbing from Netflix over a show you don't agree with is like refusing to shop at a grocery store because you don't like their russet potato selection.

If I could download a potato, I would 100% not shop anywhere.

Likewise, I CAN download netflix shit without paying for it.

My wife was silly enough to run a sub of HBO for the last season of GoT, that season finally broke her will for paying for things before they air.

No, if something is good, then you pay for it, when we are talking digital goods.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
woops accidental necro post not sure what happened there. I am hoping they do a good job with this. At least the early set pics looked solid.