The Witcher

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First thoughts:

- Cavill saves the show, perfectly nailed Geralt and his swordfights are very good and convincing.
- Chalotra did a very good job at playing an interesting character in a boring storyline.
- Allan did a terrible job probably because her character is bland, generic little red riding hound and her storyline is profoundly lame.

Little things that really hurt the show:

- Ciri colored lenses. Who thought it was a good idea? She looks like some random alien from a CW TV show. The actress has splendid eyes, why would you hide them?
- Diversity for the sake of diversity. We get it Netflix, it's 2019 we don't need -in-your-face minority casting, especially when they're that bad at acting (Triss, Istredd, Cringilla, Elfboy, etc).
- Shitty writing, we Harry Potter now. Magic is only being used to move the plot forward, mages getting into swordfights, some characters doing stupid shit all the time, Niflgaard, etc
- Tacky dialogues it's an ultimatum, get it?, unnecessary back and forths flashbacks and forced manichaeism.

To paraphrase another TV show, I'd say The Witcher overall quality is not great, not terrible, Cavill really aced the gig but even if you can handle some bad acting and sporadic tacky dialogues, the writing is all over the place. Mid season all I did was going on the phone each time it wasn't about Geralt. Ciri storyline is as gripping as running on floor tiles with golf shoes and Yennefer storyline debut was kind of cool but as soon as she leave Hogwarts it's getting as tasty as a cold cheese soufflé.

woops.png

Well, maybe you should have.

• 4Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They will always be overshadowed by the magnificence of Witcher 3 and they know it, which is why they did petty shit like kill off Ermion.

The show goes absolutely nowhere at warp speed.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
They will always be overshadowed by the magnificence of Witcher 3 and they know it, which is why they did petty shit like kill off Ermion.

The show goes absolutely nowhere at warp speed.

Derail. Is TW3 worth the pickup?

• 4Seriously?
  • 2Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 9 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Nooooooo. The red head bitch wasn't pale enough! She was replaced with...A hot chick.(She even black?) A hot chick that us fantasy bros might recognize. And she was pretty good in her role. This wasn't really one to even get upset over IMO. It's not like they cast Geralt with Samuel Jackson.

How about the fact ol' girl had a jawbreaker in her mouth that was absolutely silly looking, not deformed. I know we all saw the taking off the glasses, and letting down the hair moment to make her hot coming a mile away. The worst? That they had midgets as dwarves. Like fuckin 2 foot tall midgets! The absurd waddling...

Show was meh to OK. Triss was like number 10 on the list of complaints.

I mean come on! I'd drink her bath water!

View attachment 238631

If they'd just have made her dye her hair red I don't think anyone would have cared. I'm not sure why they tried so hard to nail Ciri with the contact lenses and Geralt with the shitty straw wig, then just seem to do whatever with Tris?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
If they'd just have made her dye her hair red I don't think anyone would have cared. I'm not sure why they tried so hard to nail Ciri with the contact lenses and Geralt with the shitty straw wig, then just seem to do whatever with Tris?

Well yeah, that one I didn't get either. WTF directed this? It seems like they went all in for some scenes and characters, and REALLY half assed other shit. The Dorfs REALLY bothered me.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fuck you...

Fine I will snag it. I never made it thru TW2.

The Witcher 3 is one of the finest games ever made, regardless of genre. I wasn't talking out of my ass when I said that an 80 million dollar a season TV show lives in its shadow. Make sure you get the GOTY edition because the two expansions are as good as/better than the main story.

• 8Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
On episode 3 and know nothing of the lore outside of a mostly forgotten play through of Witcher years ago. Cavill makes a great Gerald but besides that it’s boring as fuck so far, the hunchback chick is annoying, and having to watch her romance with black mage cuck is cringe. I also don’t understand the point of the side-quest involving the goat man and the elves.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
It's not like they cast Geralt with Samuel Jackson.
It's times like these I wish I had some Shoop Skills.
----
Wife and I are 3 Episodes in and we are enjoying, I have not read the books nor played the games so I had little to no expectations for this.

Last edited:

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The game works so well because it is a horror game mixed with an RPG that has an actual deep political background story. Why not make the show about managing the fall of Temeria (Roche plz?), Radovid slowly going crazy as he leads the Redanian army, and being tasked by Emhyr to help the Nilfgaard expansion? It could have been epic.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Fuck you...

Fine I will snag it. I never made it thru TW2.

Different style of games. W3 is far superior. The only thing to know is that the gameplay/combat isn't for everyone, but if that's the case for you and it's going to turn you away: crank the difficulty down and just enjoy the story and world. It's not something that should be missed.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
The game works so well because it is a horror game mixed with an RPG that has an actual deep political background story. Why not make the show about managing the fall of Temeria (Roche plz?), Radovid slowly going crazy as he leads the Redanian army, and being tasked by Emhyr to help the Nilfgaard expansion? It could have been epic.
Total War: Tameria ?

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Mostly skipped through it. Was not interesting at all. Also weird plot lines I dont remember at all from the Books (havent read the short stories). No way they can redeem the WaffenSS guy. And the fucking Nilfgardian armor looks super derp.

Hosix

All labs matter!
On episode 3 and know nothing of the lore outside of a mostly forgotten play through of Witcher years ago. Cavill makes a great Gerald but besides that it’s boring as fuck so far, the hunchback chick is annoying, and having to watch her romance with black mage cuck is cringe. I also don’t understand the point of the side-quest involving the goat man and the elves.

I am with this guy,

Plus hunchback sex? Whoever said that earlier in this thread...I was like wtf is that?? Then I watch this show and I was like “oh fuck, hunchback sex”....

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nooooooo. The red head bitch wasn't pale enough! She was replaced with...A hot chick.(She even black?) A hot chick that us fantasy bros might recognize. And she was pretty good in her role. This wasn't really one to even get upset over IMO. It's not like they cast Geralt with Samuel Jackson.

Let's be honest, we'd watch that. and fucking love it.

What did the monster look like?

uh it had large fangs and wings

DID IT LOOK LIKE A BITCH!?

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
On episode 5 and I’ve determined that this show is basically what would happen if you asked a chick to write a D&D module but her only experience with fantasy was Twilight and a few B rated horror flicks.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
On episode 5 and I’ve determined that this show is basically what would happen if you asked a chick to write a D&D module but her only experience with fantasy was Twilight and a few B rated horror flicks.
Ep 5 was the season low for me. I thought Ep 6 was the best one until I saw Ep7. /fingerscrossed for Ep 8