The Witcher

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Speaking to Deadline in an interview, the show's casting director Sophie Holland has confirmed that Hemsworth and the other inhabitants of The Continent will be returning for a fifth season on Netflix. Holland who has worked on other projects for the streamer including Wednesday and Shadow and Bone, among others, has also noted that the fifth season of The Witcher will be filmed back-to-back with Season 4. "We’re just about to start filming on season four with Liam Hemsworth and there will be a short gap then we go straight into season five," she said.

They are shooting back to back. Season 5 will be done filming before 4 hits screens.
Grats on them for pissing money away then.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
it would be like recasting Ortega in Wednesday and then green lighting multiple seasons. Watch Cavill and then we're out.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't think young hemsworth has ever been in a good role. I might have liked him in the Expendables as the sniper but I barely remember that movie. Lady prolly thinks he's going to bring in the female viewers from hunger games or something retarded.

Last edited:

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So this is out. I came too this thread thinking at least a couple of people might have watched this already. Henry Cavill is still in this. Now once he is gone...I expect this thread to disappear.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I didn’t even realize the new season had dropped, thanks for the headsup

• 1Worf

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So this is out. I came too this thread thinking at least a couple of people might have watched this already. Henry Cavill is still in this. Now once he is gone...I expect this thread to disappear.
Will probably watch this eventually, next time I get Netflix. But it's a hard series to watch, it's very confusing and disjointed. Had to re-watch most of the first season just to try and figure out what was going on. By the end of the second season was losing interest. Then Cavill bailed and that kind of killed the show for me.

Never read the books but I have to assume they made some sort of coherent sense. The show is all over the place.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Season one caught lightning in a bottle. A lot of the show was a mess, but Cavill nailed the Witcher perfectly and saved what otherwise would have been a disaster. Season two put him in the back seat and suffered because of that in the same way mandolorian s3 wasn’t great. Since this is Netflix, don’t have any hopes they learned from that and s3 is better. I’ll probably find the time at some point to give it a try, but much like most people in this thread, when Cavill is out, I’m out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think most people are out once Cavill is no longer in the show. Hell I'm not sure I even care to watch this season knowing he's gone after it

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm definitely out once Henry is gone, he's been the best part of movies I've seen him in, Liam is just always forgettable in everything.

He's such a bad choice, Im assuming they think he will bring in more woman viewers and ballance it out or some shit? Netflix is full retard mode and randomly makes something worth watching.

Out of all the shows Netflix has that are good I want to say they weren't funding any of them. Arcane, squid game ect weren't them, extraction 2 I here is good so they got 1

Edit- Nm Asia Netflix did fund the Squid game

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Get about a half second of nipple from a very butch looking lesbian lady with a bowl cut and hawk nose.

Fringilla gained a bunch of wait, but at least found some Fenty foundation that works.

The CGI budget was cut to lower than Stranger Things levels.

Yen's still super hot unless you're a FAGA nerd.

Overall 6.5/10 so far. Not great, just a dutiful watch to finish out m'lord Cavil's series. Maybe the next 5 episodes will turn it up, but we'll see.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Only half the season is out, and it will be a month before they release the second half. Fuck that noise. Maybe I'll watch it in August. Unless all the people, who don't wish to wait, say it's trash.

Also, Yen is mediocre looking, for a Hollywood actress. Six point five out of ten sounds a bit high for her.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sythrak

Vyemm Raider
Honestly should have just made the show from the games outline. Every season has been convoluted as fuck. I would have really liked to see the siege of Kaer Morhen on the big screen.

Last edited:

Caliane

yeah. been debating on if watching this season supports cavil or, not. which message do I think adding a +1 to viewing adds? like will quiting now, send the message that the announcement of Cavil leaving, was immediate, good bye. or will watching this one, then bailing for the show without Cavil send the message, Cavil was the only thing keeping your show alive.

the show itself was a mess and got worse and further away from the source every minute. I suppose I'm leaning on "don't watch". unless someone tells me its worth it for a laugh or tits or something.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
fight choreography of the first episode or 2 that i've watched has been stellar. It's not daredevil level of badassness but it feels markedly improved.

most of the fight scenes in previous seasons were either super short or wonky as hell. Like the butcher of blaviken fight scene was good but super short. When he's fighting the striga in the crypt its obviously him fighting a dude in a rubber suit.

but this season so far the fights are longer and bloodier, really good mix of melee and signs usage feels much more fluid.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Watched first two episodes. Shits boring af. Not a feeling I had with previous seasons.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm glad they ruined this series and made Cavill leave, since now he's producing and going to be starring in WH40k on Prime, where presumably as the showrunner he will do it justice as a longtime fan and tabletop player.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I listened to the first 5 audiobooks in the past month or so. They're really pretty good. Made me understand some shit from the show better, at least.

The problem is the books are way better than the show and thinking back, the first two seasons seem even worse now and annoying convoluted. And first episode of season 3 was so boring I kept falling asleep. Then went back through it and realized I didn't miss much. A lot of weird, forced philosophical conversations.

Now I'm trying to explain things to my girlfriend from the books and she just keeps saying the books sound way better and less convoluted than the show. Maybe it gets better in season 3 but the show is sort of a mess on its own and knowing the source material has made the show even worse. How do you mess up such good IP.

• 1Like